cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

Shoutout to Buxom for making me feel like a 10 all summer long! ☀️💕

@AlexBT This is the Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Cream Gloss in Ibiza Bomb and I honestly can't say enough good things about it from the colour to the eye-catching shine. My favourite thing about this lip cream is that it’s super hydrating, like shockingly so. Most lip glosses literally do nothing to moisturize the lips and just sit on top of the lips as a glossy layer, but with this lip cream, my lips feel moisturized hours after the initial gloss wears off

IMG_7858.JPG

@Guessgal  Yay for hydrating!!! You look gorgeous!

Thank you so much @ather ! I’m usually a matte liquid lipstick type of girl so I was surprised that I’m so amazed by this cream/gloss formula!

@Guessgal I love your glasses!!

Thank you @lmaster , I got them at a Shein pop-up event 😊

@Guessgal Those Buxom glosses have been my go-to's for a while now. Ibiza Bomb is such a beautiful color, definitely one of the more loved in my collection. ❤️ 

Ps. I love your outfit! 

Awww thank you @QueenMarceline I was waiting for the right occasion to wear this outfit! You have this lippie colour too?? Omg yessss 🙌 do you have Tulum Tini, the red shade? I am trying to get my hands on that one next!

@Guessgal Yes! 🙂 I own Ibiza Bomb from a previous release, but have not tried the Tulum Tini (that's a shocker, haha!). However, I've tried their other reds like Kir Royale and Sangria. I really love Sangria, I put it on top of all my red matte liquid lipsticks and it's truly ... game changing. 

My August faves!

For face makeup, I’ve been loving the NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream it’s super easy to blend and a little goes a long way (I’ve applied too much more than once now) and the Saie Dew Blush Blendable Liquid Blush Spicy 

For hair, I’ve been using the Verb Ghost Jumbo Value Set with Ghost Oil™ (just the oil so far, I picked up the conditioner the other day to try). I use a little bit on the ends of my hair since that’s where it’s dry and I really like it! My hair gets less frizzy. 

And for skincare, I picked up the IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Anti-Aging Hydrating Moisturizer when it was on sale and I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’m picky about moisturizers, but this one isn’t heavy and it’s also not oily.

@bripost I love the IT Confidence in a Cream moisturizer, it's one of my favorites to use when my skin gets drier during the winter time.

@bripost Ooo I haven't tried the Saie liquid blush yet, but it looks very pretty in the tube! I assume it also blends well, like the Laguna bronzing cream?

Yes it does! 

Yes, @bripost the Verb Ghost Oil is such a good one for helping to tame dry, frizzy hair! 

I didn't have many new tries this month, sadly. August was the month I focused on trying to go through some products that were just barely hanging on and to make dents in my Project Pan items. However, I did get to try out a product I purchased a couple of month ago a lot more in the month of August: The Peach & Lily Lazy Day All-In-One Moisture Pads! 

These pads are great for on the go, especially when I'm having a lazy morning or night which happens quite often these days. I enjoy these facial pads more than others I've tried because they are super gentle and also truly do not dry out the skin at all (like many other pads do) which makes them fantastic! Oftentimes pads/wipes strip my skin too much and simply make me red but these are really lovely. We sometimes do overnight shifts at my job when we do expansions and/or resets and these were the first thing to pack in my overnight bag. This was shockingly my first introduction to the Peach & Lily brand but I'm super excited to try more! 🙂

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 6.34.10 AM.png

*Photo is NOT mine, found on the internet*

@QueenMarceline  Oooo I love a good lazy product!! 

@QueenMarceline  The word gentle caught my eye.  I'll have to watch for a sample!

@Ispend2much6 Highly recommend these 🙂

@AlexBT that COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment was one of the best recommendations I have received here, thanks to @Ispend2much6 🙌🏼 💗

@eshoe  That's wonderful!  I'm so glad to have gotten a sample bottle from Sephora to try it for the first time or I wouldn't have discovered it.

@Ispend2much6 it is a gem💎

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing