cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

I really like PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Gel in this season. It gives my hair extra shine without feeling heavy. I’m a huge fan of this line. 

@krissybdavis Love to hear it! Any other standouts from Pattern that you really love?

I love that they make my curls look plump. Idk if that’s even a word to describe hair but that’s how it feels. I get so many compliments on the shine and lack of frizz ( prob I’ve had in the past) and people always want to know what I’m using on my hair. 

@krissybdavis, that's awesome that you've found a hair care line that you love! Something that gives you weightless, extra shine is gold!

I know right?! It’s so rare to find the ONE when it comes to hair care. In the past I’d have one product from this line and another from this line. Never one cohesive brand for my hair. So this is a first! I’m so excited. 

It's great to find something that works so well @krissybdavis

I love when products don't wiegh down our hair 🙂

There’s nothing worse than using a product and feeling like it’s just sitting on top of your head. Ugh. 😑

@AlexBT - My favorites this month are Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Universal and Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick 211.

Titian06_0-1662234303463.png

@Titian06 I've been so curious about that Danessa "balm powder" -- is it a similar consistency to the  MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer®  ??

@AlexBT - I dislike answering questions like this! 😄  No, the DM is much silkier.  I use my fingers to apply--I scoop out a small amount using the included scoop and pat it between my fingers, then pat it around my face, mostly in the areas where I get oily, forehead, nose, chin.  You can actually feel the formula changing from a balm-type texture to a silky/lightweight powdery-type texture as you pat it on your face!  Whereas the Mario product feels more like a cream.  I put it on using a fluffy brush.  To me it feels creamy rather than balmy and definitely not powdery.

What a stunning shade, @Titian06 💄

@Titian06, that lip color looks gorgeous! 😍 

@Titian06 That's such a pretty lipstick ❤️

A couple days late on my August faves but that’s okay! Most of my favorites this month are products I’ve had in my routine a long time, they’ve just stuck out for me recently. One new purchase though! 

Laura Mercier Petal Soft Lipstick Crayon 302 Ella - I lost my Golden Retriever of 11 year in March, and her name was Ella so there was no way I wasn’t getting this. Despite the fact I have 50+ nude lippies, this one is really easy and comfortable to wear so it’s good addition to the collection. The shade and texture make for an extremely natural but put together look - it’s been perfect for everyday and works for any type of outfit. I wore it with slacks, a blouse, and heels one day, then jeans, a t-shirt, and sandals the next. I got it for the shade name specifically, but I might pick up a few others because I like how it wears. 

Supergoop! Daily Dose Vitamin C Serum with SPF 40 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - This was an August restock and after I was forced to go without it for a few days I realized how much I really really enjoy it. Without it, my skin doesn’t seem as bright and hydrated. The additional SPF in my routine is very welcome too, even though I’ve transitioned back to the classroom this year and am not spending the school days outside anymore! 

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm - Back to school means back to makeup everyday means removing makeup everyday. My skin never feels stripped, irritated, or dry after using this and it makes the first step at the end of the day less of a chore. It’s almost time for me to restock this, and I think I wanna try the new Peach version! 

DOLCE & GABBANA Dolce Garden - This might have been a July favorite too but I don’t care hahaha. This has been my go-to late summer scent. It’s floral, but there are also some warm coconut notes in there, so the shift to warmer, fall scents will be easy. 

@alexasteph Great faves! The Farmacy cleansing balm is just the best -- whenever I stray from it and try something else for a bit, I always go back to Farmacy and am like YESSS.

@alexasteph, you may have 50+ nude lippies but this Laura Mercier Ella is extra special. So sorry to hear about your dog. Love that you picked up the lip crayon for its name; I get it - there was no way you could pass it up. 

@alexasteph Better late than never is my motto on this thread ❤️ Thank you for sharing at your own pace. That Farmacy Cleansing Balm has been my go-to for ages, I've been itching to try the peach version of it as well. Hopefully it's still around during the VIB Sale in November. 🙂

Yes @alexasteph that Cleansing Balm is amazing,  I love it soooo much 🤩

@AlexBT I can't believe how in love I am with Redken's All Soft Mega Shampoo!  It's made my hair so much more relaxed and manageable.  Will be buying the jumbo the next time there's a sale.

I've also been enjoying my The Hair Edit wide-toothed comb, and Olivia Garden Bamboo Brush.  Glad I purchased them.  @itsfi : I meant to ask you when I posted my hauls thread on these products to pls tell me about your comb collection!  🙂

I’ve been using Redkin All Soft Mega shampoo and conditioner for over 10 years. It’s been a staple. I love how soft it makes my hair and it smells great. I stock up every year during the jumbo sale.

@greeneyedgirl107, ahhh, hair combs - they're pretty, pratical and carving out time to gently run one through the hair is quite nice. My collection is in its infancy stages, I picked up the Viori bamboo comb when I purchased a shampoo and conditioner set, and later picked up a few combs for me and my niece from L'Ange Hair thanks to the lovely @tsavorite💕

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing