cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Expert

Hey babes! I know a few things to help with this. When applying foundation spray some setting spray on your beauty blender. Do everything as normal then spray again once you’re all done. Getting a good setting spray will help with this issue a lot, especially if you use powder contours or blushes! Hopes this helps!

I’m not a professional but if anyone else has suggestions or has a better knowledge on how to fix it please don’t mind to correct me.

Hi pros! I’m a little rusty on my makeup skills (working from home temporarily ruined my makeup motivation, but I’m back!). I was never much of a contour girl, but I’m going to a few weddings and want to give it a try. What do you suggest as a product that’s beginner friendly? I’ve tried in the past but I found it always looked a little muddy and undefined on me. For reference, I have light/medium combo skin with neutral undertones 

Hi Cianni!

We got you 🙂

Cream formulas look the most natural and are easy to use.

For light/medium and combo skin I recommend the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick Amber or the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer in Amber works fantastic!

The Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick (in Amber) is easy to use since you can simply press a small amount directly onto an area and use your fingers or sponge to blend it in. The Cheeks out Freestyle Bronzer (in Amber) is a bit more sheer and balmy feeling, much easier to blend and you can use your fingers, sponge or a brush!

Steps to a natural looking contour:

1. apply a sheer layer of your foundation/tinted moisturizer.

(if you use a powder foundation, apply your concealer then your cream contour, then your powder foundation last (don't cover the contour too much)

2. highlight with your concealer with small dots at the high points: inner outer corners of the eyes, between the eyes (bridge of nose), above the center of the brow, cheek bone, tip of nose, above the center of the upper lip (cupids bow) and center of the chin. Blend by pressing with fingers or damp sponge

3. contour

Add a small amount:

-Under the cheekbone back by the ear (jaw bone socket) and blend inward, feel your bones for direction

-At the temples

-Jawline but start behind the ear first then blend inward

4. Set with a powder or setting spray

We also have Virtual Consultations available of you want to practice with one of the PROs live!

We can take you step by step, through the entire application and recommend the right products for your specific needs. We email all recommendations and instructions. Go to the Stores and services tab at the top of our homepage, scroll down to services in Happening at Sephora! Scroll down to Virtual PRO Beauty Consultation!

Best of luck!!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Looking for a foundation for 60 year old having hormonal acne and I have combination skin??

Thanks

Spoiler
Pro lancome

Hello Charlre!

A really great recommendation would be the Lancôme Teint Idole 5-in-1 Foundation Stick and I'm curious what your skin care routine is.

After your skin care routine, while your skin still feels a bit sticky/hydrated, warm a small amount of the foundation stick in your fingers before pressing the product onto your skin. Then use a brush like SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Foundation Brush or a damp sponge like Beautyblender Biopure Sustainable Green Makeup Sponge to press the foundation onto your skin until it blends in. Use the tip of the sponge to press more foundation onto any blemishes/breakouts.

For hormonal acne (I am also experiencing hormonal acne) I recommend Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz . The Murad Resurgence line (green color stripe) was specifically formulated with clients experiencing your specific concerns of more mature clients experiencing hormonal acne with classic combination to dry skin concerns.

For a spot treatment, I recommend Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 20 Acne Healing Dots They really work and help to prevent scarring.

I hope this helped!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

So what do y'all do with empty perfume bottles? 

Throw them away... 

Hi @Ashletta216 ,

Aside from the smell, I love beautiful, aesthetically-designed bottles that looks great on my display shelf! Those two factors definitely inspire my purchase. I also have used it as a flower vase and as a diffuser stick holder, very pleasing as a photo or a Zoom call background.

I hope this inspires you!

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

Hello Ashletta216!

I usually try to recycle them Depending on the brand, the materials may be recyclable. 🙂

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

What’s a great brush for a foundation stick (Tom Ford)?

Hi @Walkadoodle !

I recommend Sephora Collection PRO Foundation Brush no. 47. SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #47 . I love this one! It's an upgraded paddle brush that has a smooth, dense surface to help customize your coverage. It has flexible fibers that are great for cream formulas, cream compacts, and stick foundations. Pat and layer for more coverage or swipe for less coverage.

- Shawn

Hey I just received my order of hair products and the oils all leaked in the whole box from two of the containers. They are completely empty. I took pictures of it all. The post office said they wouldn’t do anything about it and to contact the company. Can anyone help me with this? 

@KrisBauer Have you called customer service?

Where is the number? 

@KrisBauer On the bottom of the website.

1-877-737-4672TTY: 1-888-866-9845

Thank you. I’ll try that. 

How do I get customer service to answer me I just got the latest norvina palette but it came with like 5 shades broken beyond repair. My whole living room is sparkly. I sent a message and picture to customer service but they haven't answered back.

Hi @75dani,

I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi!! I have a very simple question, I’m having trouble trying to open the Patrick TA eyebrow wax container. Will you please explain how in the world I can open it? Thanks

Hey once you do get it open by push the front and sides up at the same time and all while holding it with your hand, make sure you spray setting spray to get the was to work. I love my Patrick Ta eyebrow wax. But I don’t like the struggle to open it either ❤️

Hi I’m looking for the right foundation I have bought so many it’s ridiculous recently because of the reviews I tried the Giorgio Armani and it’s like it goes on ok and then separates later I’ve tried with or without primer . I have dry skin with red undertone any type of foundation and primer you would recommend ? Thanks 

testing