Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@l8totheparty thank you! ☺️

Summer Fridays is the best! @averylayne 

@lmaster yes it is! jet lag is one of my HG!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

A typical evening skincare routine for me includes 8-12 products. Every so often though, maybe once every month or so, I’ll do a longer routine, like I did Sunday night.PM routine.jpeg

Skin Type: Dehydrated-combo leaning dry

Weather: Cloudy in the morning but cleared up; a little cold from the rain in the early morning

Current Skin Concerns: Dehydrated skin; oiliness and break outs around chin; dryness elsewhere; PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation); and a few sunspots

Skin Care Products

Spoiler

What an in-depth routine this night!  I'm going to have to look up the 7-skin method. @itsfi 

I hope your skin is calming down 😊💧

It’s definitely not an every day routine @l8totheparty! Hahaha! 😂 My skin has calmed down; thank you following up. I’m not quite sure what caused it to freak out on me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😔 

For a 
good resource for the 7-skin method, check out Gothamista on YouTube - she has a video titled “7 Skin Method for Glowing Skin”. I notice a difference in my skin when I was consistent with it but it’s become more challenging in recent years for me to keep it up daily. I’m aiming to get to 3x per week this year. We shall see. 🤞🏼

Thanks for the recommendation, @itsfi !  Toodling off to YouTube now...

Yesterday am and tonight. It was bare bones last night and this morning. Normal but tired skin and Normal weather/humidity.1317EA0D-BFC1-4BA3-9955-27BECB38828A.jpeg

Spoiler
Finished the Eve Lom cleanser. Final verdict, 💗 the clove scent, but difficult to remove and left a bit of a film on my skin. I’ve taken to using the CosRx only on my cheeks and forehead, hoping I will reach a point where I can say, “Snail, schmail,” and not think about it too much.

Tonight, a bit of a fail with the sheet mask which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to it.7E49E35D-B117-4D3D-8C81-703D8292E02E.jpeg

Spoiler
Another DS finished-the Elemis woohoo! The little round jar is de Mamiel Restorative Cleansing Balm. It has the absolute loveliest, rich incense scent and I mistakenly thought I had requested the presses serum, so I used it as such. Gotta say I enjoyed it more that way-it also left a waxy film on my skin after rinsing tonight. I might have to blame myself for that, as instructions state, “Simply warm a nugget of balm between the fingertips and massage onto dry skin. Breathe in the aroma. Remove with cleansing cloth soaked in hot water. Leave on for 10 minutes as a treatment room inspired soothing moisture mask. Can also be used after Pure Calm Cleansing Dew for a deeper, second cleanse.”  

Next time I will be using it as a mask, like I used the Thermal Cleansing Balm. It might be worth a purchase at some point.

I spy a cute little baby serum bottle in your morning routine! @eshoe 

Yes it’s another one I forget about and am trying to use up @l8totheparty - it is the STACKEDSKINCARE - Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum with Champaca Essence. I’ve only used it a couple of times, I need to commit to a few days in a row to notice any difference.

OT but you mentioned it and I forgot to reply-YES I have tried escargot and loved it! Only once though😉

This morning was the “I just cannot” kind: I felt too sleepy and crummy to shower or stand at the sink. Times like that are why I always keep these things on my nightstand: 

AM routine, Jan. 27: super abbreviated version.AM routine, Jan. 27: super abbreviated version.
Details:
Spoiler

And here’s last night’s non-retinol AHA exfoliation routine: 

PM routine, Jan. 26PM routine, Jan. 26
Details: 

Spoiler

You’ve piqued my curiosity for the IT Cosmetics micellar water @WinglessOne! I didn’t know they even had a micellar water but it sounds really good! 

Aquaphor is one of those no frills products that work wonders. It can be counted to get the job done! Love it! 💕 

@itsfi the elf micellar water is amazing!!

Well if you and @WinglessOne endorse it, it’s only a matter of time before I pick it up @lmaster. Do you like it more than the Bioderma?

Oh my gosh @itsfi I called it micellar water,,, but it's the hydrating essence that I LOVE!!!! 

@lmaster, that one I have! 😂 Working on making some progress on a couple of essences and then hoping to give it a try. I think @WinglessOne has said she likes that one too! 

@itsfi @WinglessOne now I'm curious about the it micellar water!!

I relate to the 'I just cannot' morning routine all too well. 😏😎 @WinglessOne 

A.m. skincare:20200127_074939.jpg

Sunscreen is moisturizing overall, I find. Do I want that many moisturizing items on my face? It almost seems like overkill to have both a moisturizer and sunscreen. However, my skin was soft and supple.  It was all layered thinly. 

Also forgot to show: OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® Mini

@l8totheparty  I think it just depends how much moisture your particular skin needs.  I find I can’t apply sunscreen immediately after my skincare cause it doesn’t feel like it’s applying evenly, so I wait for it to absorb for five or ten minutes before that last step.  

What I do find mostly unnecessary after morning skincare are primers.  That’s not going to stop me from using them but I think their effectiveness is not as noticeable on freshly primped skin. 

My skin doesn't need that much for extra moisture I've found. Yet I have all these lovely lotions and potions and leave-on masks.  It will take a while to get through. 

@heartsmyface 

3,074 Replies
testing