Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Sorry @itsfi, that is the STACKEDSKINCARE - Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum with Champaca Essence. I didn’t even realize they made a lip peel until I tagged this, now I’m curious, too!

Ohhh. A hydrating serum @eshoe? Will read up on that another day.

I’m slowly testing out the lip peel - I’m fascinated by the product but I’m also a little concerned about putting something with  lactic acid in it directly on my lips. 😬 I’ll let you know how the peel ends up working out.

It sounds like something one would benefit from if you wore liquid lipstick often, or had perpetually chapped lips @itsfi. I would be hesitant to try it, only because I like my scrubs. Who knows, though, maybe it will be amazing 👍🏼!

I do love my lip scrubs @eshoe! 💗 I think the lip peel is worth a try though - I won’t know unless I try it, right?!! Right!!! Maybe it’ll turn out to be similar to when I first tried the Sara Happ lip scrubs and I’ll love the peel as well. 🤞🏼😍 We shall see...

Tonight I began to train myself for a split PM routine: remove makeup and sunscreen, do my evening workout, and then do the rest of my PM skincare. This should break my bad habit of exercising while wearing makeup. I didn’t exercise tonight 😞 but I did split my skincare routine. 

Skin type & weather: As always, my skin is mostly-dry combo. (My oily zone is just on and around my nose.) Still babying an angry irritated patch of skin, but the flaking has decreased significantly. I’m also dealing with stress/illness acne now, yaaaaay... I haven’t been changing my pillowcase often enough while sick. Weather was mild for Chicago January: mid 30s F I think? I didn’t check the temp, though I did go out to run some errands. Wasn’t windy or snowy or anything. 

PM, phase 1: 

A possible quick pre-workout routine.A possible quick pre-workout routine.
IT Miracle Water to remove everything. Aquaphor for lips. YTTP Adaptogen mist for hydration. Then I used Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Nude Fragrance-Free Body Cream 13.0 oz/ 385 mL on my hands and thought “hmm, let’s pat a little of this on my face!” It worked pretty well that way. I’m not super impressed with the SdJ as a $40 body cream, but call it a $40 face cream and now we’re talkin’ possibilities: it’s much cheaper per oz/ml than my usual cream moisturizer, though I wouldn’t replace YTTP Superfood with this. 

PM, phase 2 (a few hours later): 

Had I worked up a sweat, Hydralight would’ve washed away the bacteria.Had I worked up a sweat, Hydralight would’ve washed away the bacteria.
Details: 
Spoiler

I like the idea of a split routine! I often workout in the morning, so my skincare is split in the morning, too. I'll wake up and just wash my face and not put any product on. After a workout, I'll re-wash my face and then go into my serums/essence/moisturizer/SPF routine. I also love bringing makeup wipes with me to the gym for a quick cleanse. I like the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing Wipes - Coconut Water.

@PenelopeBT  Those are still my favorite face wipes. 🙂 Nowadays I use them only while traveling, but I used to carry a travel pack with me on my outdoor runs so I could wipe my face down. 

I’m a big fan of the split PM routine @WinglessOne! 😃 So sorry to hear about stress/illness acne - ugh!!! 😩

Thanks @itsfi  I break out almost every time I’m this physically ill. As if my skin’s saying “you think there’s lots of crud in your [sinuses/lungs/nose/throat]? Look at all this crud hiding under your face!” 😩 

I like how you are splitting your pm routine @WinglessOne. My skin usually feels so dry after cleansing that I need to slap on a mask just to calm it down. Curious if your skin feels that way after cleansing. 

Well I have yet to complete a single workout this month (and here we are, day 29🙄). I have a feeling you are miles ahead of me, even if you missed one night!

@eshoe  You might need a more hydrating/moisturizing cleanser. I used to have that problem until I found the Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser and discovered how much my skin loves hyaluronic acid. 

I haven’t done a proper workout all month, either. 🙂 I’m trying to get back into an exercise routine this year. 

Funny that you say that @WinglessOne. I just tried the REN CLEAN SKINCARE - Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser last night and it was love. I left my face bare for a few minutes and it felt normal. NORMAL😳 Definite repurchase. 

ugh sorry you are in the same boat. I really though I would have tons of energy after giving up sugar. Two more days, I want to get in at least one 30-minute session.

This morning:

Skin: normal; snow is melting. 20200128_074307.jpg

Yesterday evening:

Skin: fairly normal, pore concerns 

Weather: cool, drySK-II essence in spray bottleSK-II essence in spray bottle

Fantastic evening routine last night with the AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque

The mask added enough moisture that I felt like I didn't need any more on my face.

That AP mask @l8totheparty!! ♥️ 

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Last night’s routine. Lancer polish is sooo 💙💙. Pretty disappointed in myself for not picking up a few of the minis when they were available 😩 Had a small breakout last week, and dealing with some blemishes so I’ve been using the Visionnaire crescendo to exfoliate and increase cell turnover. I don’t normally use the is clinical cleansing complex or the PTR water drench, but I have these minis that I wanted to use up...plus I wanted to keep everything blue (pantone2020 😬). Waited a while for everything to sink in, then applied a healthy layer of SF Jet Lag under my eyes and all over my face. My PM routine changes almost every night but Jet Lag is almost always part of it!

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Beautiful photo @averylayne! 💙 I’m intrigued by that Lancôme peel - the packaging looks great. How does it compare to other exfoliants / peels you’ve used?

thanks @itsfi ! I like that the Lancome peel has 2 phases.  Phase 1 is more gentle, and they recommend using it for 2 weeks to build up tolerance before moving on to Phase 2 which has a higher concentration of acids.  So I think it's good for people who don't use chemicals often.  But I use exfoliants everyday, so for me, I don't really think I need the Phase 1 haha.  As for results, I think there may be other products that work better.  I was using the Herbivore Prism serum and I thought that was a better serum to use daily.  I also use DE Baby Facial and some other peels and those are way more effective.  Also, I bought the Lancome peel when it was on sale at Sephora, and they no longer carry it so I'm assuming it just wasn't very popular 🤷🏻‍♀️.  But glad I tried it!

Oh that is good to know about the Lancôme, @averylayne. I have a couple of samples but have been skeptical, concerned that it might be too abrasive. I will proceed thanks to your review;)

@eshoe I think it's relatively gentle, especially if you start with phase 1!

A very visually appealing, yet practical, routine here! @averylayne 💙

3,074 Replies
testing