Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yes, the papaya is my favorite too, @PrettyPaint @itsfi @Shosh85! although I am drowning in hair masks, they seem to multiply when Iโ€™m not looking๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe  That's definitely true. And with the containers like this kind where you scoop it out, I don't like to have more than one open at a time

Same with me @PrettyPaint! I'm hitting "pause" on picking up more hair masks until I make my way through a few of the ones that are open and partially used. Well, unless the original Briogeo honey bear hair mask makes a return for the holidays. Hahaha!

@PrettyPaint  I may need to look for this one too and jump on the BIC made me do it!

@ather  Can't wait to hear if you try! Fortunately CVS has so many sales, too, so I'm sure you will be able to get a deal. 

@PrettyPaint  Iโ€™m in Canada I donโ€™t think we have CVS here ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@ather  Oh that's right! Well maybe London Drugs? ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like this will be another Bic made me do it for myself ๐Ÿ˜† @PrettyPaint 

@lmaster I hope you try - I definitely think you will like it! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, the results from this mask sound wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ Hydrated and plump without tack or stickiness? And you felt like you could forego moisturizer? Thatโ€™s definitely a mask to keep on hand (and for those who havenโ€™t tried it, to look into)!

@itsfi  Yes, I really liked it. And the fabric was really nice and soft which made it so nice to wear.

Ooh, this sounds like a great one, @PrettyPaint!! Nice!! I'll be on the lookout for it!!

@haleyvvvv  Awesome! I hope you get a chance to try it! 

My "K" and "BIC Made Me Do It" from this past week -- edit, I realized after posting that these worked out well for this week's theme too, lol.

โ€------- 

BIC Made Me Do It 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry 

20210906_234801~2.jpg

Spoiler
Nourishing and Smoothing on a Eucalyptus derived fiber. 

Ingredients 
Highlights Strawberry ๐Ÿ“ extract โœ…, puts Strawberry ๐Ÿ“ extract below Watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ extract (okay, that's fine) but ALSO fragrance ๐Ÿ˜ค.  Since Clean at Sephora products can only have a small amount of added fragrance, the ๐Ÿ“ extract must be teeny. Again something can be active at low concentrations but this feels like false advertising. 
Spoiler
20210906_234811~2.jpg
Fit 
Standard sheet mask on me. Can't Remeber more, I thought I took a picture. 

Essence 
Semi-thin, clear, aqueous. 
Enough for neck, decollotage and arms. A little drippy of a mask. 
Scent was fake sweet, not Strawberry. Dissipated halfway through the mask.  

Wear Time 
As little as 5, but I wore like 25. Still damp. 
Unsure about tack.

Effect 
I left a brightening wash off mask on a little long before using this and I was hoping that it would just like initially calm it. The mask was fine, but no miracle worker. Looking through the ingredient list, I could've guessed that. It turned down my redness a tad and hydrated a bit. 

Overall Grade 
C+/C? I have a few more so I'm going to try on a night when my skin isn't as angry, but I dunno, could've been more nourishing. The ingredient list makes me annoyed though. 

----

"K" is for Kale ๐Ÿฅฌ 

Sweet Chef Kale+Vitamin B mask

20210912_235314~2.jpg

Spoiler
Thick cotton(?) plush mask that hydrates and soothes dry skin.  

Ingredients 
In the top ten are kale extract, panthenol (both the key ingredients) as well as aloe and sodium hylauronate, and cica just outside of the 10. Really good list! 
Spoiler
20210912_235320~2.jpg
Fit 
Like truly terrible. Too long on both ends. Eyes too close together. The nose flaps!! And I put it on inverted ๐Ÿ˜‚. The material was heavy, definitely a lay down mask. Texture of material didn't irritate. 
Spoiler
20210912_235458~2.jpg
Essence 
Thick, but not creamy, milky white opaque. 
Mask had a ton of serum but almost none left in package. 
Had a slight scent but couldn't place it. It went away quick. 

Wear Time 
15-20. I wore around 20. Mask was starting to dry at that time. 

Effect 
This hydrated and nourished really well!! I really liked how my skin felt after. 

Overall Grade  
B. I dislike the fit and don't love the mask texture, but the results were really good!! I'd definitely use again, maybe purchase, but I definitely have a soothing mask from mediheal I like a lot more.

Oh goodness, @haleyvvvv - so sorry both of these masks were less than stellar! The Sweet Chef is truly one of the most ill-fitting masks I have tried as well.

Lol, @eshoe, it is truly, truly terrible for fit. 

@haleyvvvv 

Oh no! That's too bad that neither of these worked for you. I tried the strawberry mask at itsfi's recommendation and liked it - I have dry skin that gets drier by the day when the weather starts changing so any bit of hydration is welcome. It is strange that strawberry comes after watermelon in the ingredients list.

@missy94612!! I think I'm an anomaly for the Strawberry mask; I'm glad it worked for you!! 

My scale is definitely more of a bell curve; my average, okay filler masks rank as C's/C+'s, so these were both okay. 

@haleyvvvv  Darn for both. I feel like both should have been better. 

Agreed, @ather!! They just needed a little more!!

@haleyvvvv  Too bad about the fit on the kale mask - it's really cute, though. And I love, love kale. I haven't tried the strawberry mask. I think I meant to grab one back when there was a sale, but I must have forgotten to proceed with checkout...haha. Sorry they weren't your favorites!

testing