Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Love the attitude @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ’– It's for the greater good. Take one for the team!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Haha! @missjeanie, I really didn't think the ice cream should feel left out of the review. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yes! to including ice cream to the shopping list. ๐Ÿ›’ Great way to go into the weekend! Mmmm...heavenly hash ice cream. I have not had that in ages!

@itsfi Oh man that's messed up haha. That mask looks great!! You made the ice cream? It looks and sounds delicious!!! 

@Samtian, oh no. I didnโ€™t make the ice cream. My talents really lie in ordering and eating ice cream. ๐Ÿจ 

@itsfi That is still a fine talent to have!

Thank you @Samtian. Itโ€™s certainly one I will keep working on. ๐Ÿ˜† Practice makes perfect, right?!!! Hahaha!

@itsfi Most definitely!

๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ why..... @itsfi  why must you tease me so???? 

Ohhh @lmaster, I'm getting to a point where finding out a sheet mask has been discontinued is no longer a surprise. Sigh. โ˜น๏ธ I will just console myself with more ice cream. ๐Ÿจ lol Oh my goodness, if I could send you some of this ice cream, I would!! ๐Ÿ˜ When I went inside the ice creamery to see if they had any of the chocolate in stock, they told me they had just made and packaged up a batch. Yesssss!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‹

๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ @itsfi my favorite is chocolate with chopped walnuts

Ohhh, that sounds delicious @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Iโ€™m sorry that this sheet mask is discontinued @itsfi ! That ice cream sounds tempting, I could eat ice cream all day! The fanciest brand in grocery stores is Haagen-Dazs ! We use to have Baskin-Robbins but not anymore ( so sad... ). Iโ€™m doing the groceries tomorrow, guess what Iโ€™ll be buying... ICE CREAM ! Chocolate or Cookies & Cream .... ๐Ÿ˜‹

โ€œChocolate or Cookies & Creamโ€? Do you have to get just one @keana1?!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

I couldnโ€™t find any Cookies&Cream last week @itsfi , so I need another option! If they have both, I wonโ€™t have to choose! Hehe ๐Ÿ˜‰! The first time I ate HD Cookies & Cream was in 1989, it became available up here in 2019 ! I waited 30 long years ! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Well then, if thatโ€™s the case, you should pick up 2 pints of HD Cookies & Cream if you can find it. 

I first tried HD ice cream in Hawaii. Mango sorbet. Yummmy! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Then I had their strawberry - soooo good!! at home. In honor of my first taste of HD on the islands, I do find my way to a HD whenever Iโ€™m in Hawaii. Itโ€™s a tradition now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Omg this packaging is amazing @itsfi ! Glad it worked well for you but sad to hear itโ€™s discontinued 

Right @Kim888?!! Iโ€™m so bummed I found out about it so late! I donโ€™t know why they would discontinue this; the packaging is super cute ๐Ÿจ and it performs well too! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

I've been working through a bunch of average/filler/older masks in January/February by setting out a handful at a time on my bathroom counter.  I cleared out a few sets so far and decided that March would be dedicated to The Cream Shop.  A lot of them don't have pretty designs are to be honest.. filler masks, nothing spectacular enough to warrant a review.  But today... today I grabbed an 'artistic' Koala mask.  The mask itself is a standard material like most of TCS masks, and it doesn't stick down perfectly around my chin.  A slight tea tree maybe scent?  I believe this meant to be a charcoal clearing mask.  With regards to efficacy... I'm calling it a snap a selfie kinda mask and enjoying it for that alone.  I'll let the rest of my skincare do the work. 

F2612730-13CF-43BB-8AED-DFC425A42786.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Snap a selfie is exactly how I think about those Creme Shop masks (or make my partner laugh at them masks), @missjeanie!! 

@missjeanie Good job on working through them! Looks cute!

Thanks @Samtian !  I'm trying to stay motivated!

2 Replies
testing