Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@quspork  TM is a funny one for me as well. There are some lines that I enjoy and fit decently, but others that are completely off. I've always been surprised at how different some of their masks are.

It was certainly nice to see a good one from the brand, @PrettyPaint 

@quspork I've always liked the kina masks, I found a pack at tj maxx awhile back,, hopefully they can get some at marshalls 😌

It's always nice when good masks show up at TJs or Marshalls, @lmaster. Who doesn't love a good deal?!

Booooo to discontinued good masks, @quspork!! The Kina one looks interesting and so nice to hear about a good Tony Moly sheet mask!!

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a possible restock on the ginseng, @haleyvvvv - ya never know! 

@quspork  Why is it always the masks we love the most that get discontinued?! I hate when that happens! ☹️

I feel the same way as you about Tony Moly masks, but I do remember liking that one as well! πŸ˜ƒ

Every time, @Shosh85 every time- that's part of why I stay so fickle with a lot of masks. You get attached and then bam- discontinued!

Great strategy @quspork, because it is so true!

@quspork, I completely agree with you on that Dewytree ginseng mask! β™₯️ Masksheets dot com occasionally restocks masks from that Dewytree line. 

Yaaay! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ I’m happy to hear the TonyMoly snail mask was a win for you! I’m not always the biggest fan of TM sheet masks but the gastropod 🐌 was calling me. πŸ˜‚ I wasn’t expecting much from the mask when I first picked it up (even though the sales associate was raving about it) so I only grabbed one ... and then after I tried it and realized what a fabulous mask it was, I waited for months for the boutique to restock it! I didn’t take any chances and grabbed a handful for myself and for gifts. I was really pleasantly surprised by how well it performed! 😍😍

@itsfi The TM was a very pleasant surprise. Thanks again for sending it my way! 

Going with the number theme and using my favorite mask from the Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air line. 🐌

3F0C1576-51DA-4FB9-A22E-A5B92BDFDE60.jpeg

Spoiler

Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Snail Mask

This is a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that was fully saturated with white, milky serum - which surprised me a little because I've ever used a snail mask with that kind of serum. It had a light, clean & fresh scent that was barely noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was a little wonky - a tiny bit too long at the chin/jawline, slightly too wide at the temples, and the eye holes were way too big. Despite having to smoosh and tweak things a little, it adhered very well and was comfortable to wear. I had it on for about a half hour. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face felt moisturized and plump, and my skin felt soft & smooth and had a nice dewy glow.

I really enjoy this one and will probably always try to have them on hand!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
25DEAF67-2BBC-4C32-9EA9-B832DA1CBB8D.jpeg

@Shosh85  Oooo I love a good snail mask!! Too bad it fit wonky tho. 

@ather  Yep, me too! Snail is probably one of my most favorite ingredients in skincare and this mask does not disappoint! It's always nice when a mask fits well, but a bad fit is never a deal breaker for me, since there's always something you can do to fix/tweak it. πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 stellar results here!!

@lmaster  Definitely stellar! Love that snail slime! πŸŒπŸ˜ƒ

You don’t even know how big of a grin I had when I saw this snail mask photo @Shosh85. 🐌 🐌 🐌 Well, then again, I think maybe you would know! πŸ˜† Yes about the wonky fit. But it’s such a good mask - soft, thin mask with gastropod goo-rific results! 🀣 Love it! β™₯️

@itsfi  Haha! "Gastropodic goo-rific" is a perfect description!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸŒ

What do you think our chances are of getting it into the dictionary @Shosh85? πŸ˜† I mean, we’d have to use it in everyday talk a lot ...

@itsfi  Well, "twerk" made it into the dictionary, so why not? 😜 

Hahaha! Excellent point @Shosh85! πŸ˜ƒ 

1 Reply