Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Ulta GWPs

Just a heads up that the Belli GWP is listed incorrectly under the Gifts>Gifts With Purchase section as free w/ $60 purchase, though it is listed correctly under Sale> Gifts With Purchase with any Belli purchase.

Re: Ulta GWPs

New multiplierScreenshot_20180617-000616.png

A new brand is up as well (but "coming soon")Screenshot_20180617-000702.png

@RGbrown Flesh is the new upscale brand from Revlon with Linda Wells at the helm. Linda Wells was the person who created Allure Magazine and is now the creative director of Revlon. 

I have subscribed to Allure Magazine since it’s inseption and personally I am not happy with the changes. I wish Linda Wells all the success in her new endeavors.

@Loretta55 Me, too. I stopped subscribing a month or two after she left. It legit made me sad; I loved that magazine. I might check this brand out now!

@JenniferOhJenny Once my subscription to Allure Magazine runs out, I will not be renewing it. I feel the same way about Glamour Magazine. I have been reading Glamour since I was a teenager.

@Loretta55 yup, there's an excellent article about it posted here for anyone that's interested ☺️

https://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Newness/BEAUTY-NEWS/m-p/3985171/highlight/true#M7537

@RGbrown Linda Wells is in good company. Andrea Robinson was the beauty editor at Mademoiselle Magazine prior to joining Ultima. I was sad that Mademoiselle Magazine was discontinued about 10 - 15 years ago.

@RGbrown Thanks for sharing this. What most jumped out to me was the mention of an Elizabeth Arden gain. I wonder what they're doing different.

@RGbrown Nice on the new products! Deleting my whiny post...

@RGbrown Nice on the new products! Deleting my whiny post on multipliers & missing out on a purchase by a few minutes since this has more info & I don't want to clutter the thread. I'm curious to see if other multipliers were offered. (I've never bought Biore from Ulta, so this one's odd.)

This is a Google Express rant.  I am so heated with them.  In May, during the love your skin event, I had a 5x multiplier on Mario Badescu, so I placed a $32 order.  Didn't receive any points for that.  

Thursday I made a $42 ABH purchase.  No points received for that.  7.25x multiplier down the drain.  Today, I'm making an $18 Nars purchase (7.25x multiplier) to test this out and see if they mess it up again.  

All told, I will have missed out on 595 points, and I'll be $92 further away from making diamond.  The worst part is, every time I talk to google express customer service they give me the run around.  They say it's Ulta's fault the points haven't posted.  They tell me to wait a week for the points to post.  (That's not how in-store purchase points work!)  They will tell me I can't use Ulta points to make a purchase (No sh1t, sherlock, that's not what I'm asking for!)  I am so frustrated with them.  

I'm this | | close to placing a bunch of really heavy $15 orders with them to eat into their profits at this point.  Cat litter?  Apple Juice?  YUPPPPP.      

@itscarin I'm sorry, that's super frustrating. I'm not to...

@itscarin I'm sorry, that's super frustrating. I'm not too familiar with Google Express, but I do like the way you think. Cat litter & apple juice- ha!

I agree, I would go to ulta directly to try to get the points, you have the proof of purchase so I think they should be pretty accommodating. I dont think google has any power over it, besides passing your rewards number through to Ulta. I've only made one purchase back in April through GE and the base + bonus posted fine for me, it came through as "Harlem & Irving"

@phantompenguinx I have proof of a purchase through google express, but unfortunately, there's no transaction ID to tie it to Ulta.  For all I know, google express is purchasing my makeup at Macy's, or even Sephora!  They're supposed to be shopping at Ulta, but there is no way of knowing for sure.  

I've asked google express to provide a receipt so I can contact ulta to get my points, but they say they don't provide receipts.  Maybe google express is stealing things from ulta?!  LOL.  I have no idea why they can't provide me with a receipt because the worst case scenario is I would go to ulta to return whatever palette I bought and Ulta would say "would you like that refunded to the credit card it was purchased on?" and that would be the only option.  Google would get a refund to their credit card and I'd walk away empty handed.

I believe that the person making the purchases on my behalf is not using my rewards numbers when making the purchases.  Either because they forgot or because they're using their own personal rewards number to just rack up the points all day long.

@itscarin  that's bananas, I didn't know that's how they ran things, but that would make sense...I just looked up "Harlem & Irving" and it's a mall in illinois lol and there's an ulta there 😛

I think the more likely scenario would be they work with ulta employees at these stores to process the packages, and they prob run up a tab with google and get invoiced like once a quarter or something... So maybe that's why there's no proof of receipt on either end? Either way, that's terrible though that on both sides no one is taking any responsibility. I'm definitely going to be more cautious making purchases through them in the future

I placed an order through them on the last day of a good multiplier a few months back, but then it took two days for the transaction to post to ulta, so I only got base points. Contacted Ulta and they were super awesome as usual, giving me the full points for the transaction (base + bonus, even though I'd already gotten the base points).

I don't understand why your points aren't showing up at all, but perhaps try to bypass GE and contact Ulta with your order confirmation and see if they can help instead?

I'm gonna ask one stupid question (sorry!)...you do have your rewards number attached to your GE account, right?

Frankly, this whole GE thing still confuses me in general. I don't understand how anyone's making any money. 🤔

@RGbrown It's a typical silicon valley hustle where Google Express is just trying to acquire as many users as possible so they can go to the VC's and ask for more money.  What they want to do with more money -- I can't say.  Maybe they want to invest in drone technology so they can start delivering via drone?  XD  I'm just taking a wild stab at it.

But yes, I most definitely have the Ulta rewards number linked to the Google Express Account.  I made a purchase back in December or something where I did receive my points!  

That's what's driving me nuts.  It has worked in the past so why isn't it working now?!  I really believe like someone is going around using their own personal loyalty card to make these purchases and making out like a bandit!!!

I actually had the same thing happen to me where I only received base points, but was able to contact Ulta and had them add my multipliers, as well.  

The catch is that google express does not provide me with an Ulta receipt or transaction ID, and so Ulta cannot add points to my account if they have no record of a specific purchase.  Google keeps telling me to contact Ulta, but what can Ulta do when they have no way to link one specific purchase to my account?

@itscarin

While your GE receipts don't have your rewards number, the shipping notice does have your name and address. I'd suggest forwarding that to ulta with something along the lines of

"I'm having trouble with GE directly and wanted to see if you could offer some assistance instead. I placed this order on xx date and should have gotten xx points, but for some reason there seems to be a breakdown in the GE interface, as I have received 0 points on several occasions recently. GE has my rewards number on file but is refusing to assist me in correcting the issue, and told me to contact you instead. Is there anything you can do to verify the purchase and add the correct points to my account?"

I don't know the exact nature of the GE/Ulta relationship, and Ulta may or may not be able to help, but really the only absolute here is "if you don't ask, the answer is no". 

@RGbrown I'm not even getting a google express invoice on my orders when they ship.  I think what happens is google express sends someone in store to make purchases, and then the purchases are shipped via fedex.  

In the past, I believe google express would go to the store and then make the delivery for you via one of those google express vans.  When they used the vans the orders always went well, but since they started using fedex I haven't been receiving the points.

I actually have tried calling Ulta before to see if they can add points but they have told me that the google express invoice means nothing to them and they can't help me.  I tried calling Ulta again on Friday to see if they could tell me anything more about the google express service and how purchases are made when google express is involved, but they couldn't tell me anything.

GE definitely does not have an outpost stocked with vans in my neck of the woods; all of my orders have always been shipped via FedEx, and I've always gotten a shipment notice (and the transaction has always shown up on my ulta account, even if points were wrong). So weird that you're getting shafted lately. I'm sorry ☹️

I do still think an email to Ulta is in order; even if they can't help, perhaps it helps them understand there's starting to be a problem that either needs to be fixed or the relationship terminated. 

@itscarin I had an issue with Ulta recently, and I contacted the CEO.  They got back to me very quickly; and although the resolution wasn't what I was hoping for, I can say that they worked with me.  I think they would help you!  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 The ceo's contact info is publicly available?  That seems odd!

26,885 Replies
testing