Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

I'm mildly terrified of what changes are in store, considering how much I dislike the recent spate of "upgrades" and have little faith that this will be any better...in any case, I've been checking for nearly 45 minutes now to see if there's anything new to report tonight, but no dice tonight

ulta site down.png

@RGbrown  Looks like they’ve updated My Account to match the rest of the site redesign. As I expect from an Ulta site design launch, things are randomly misaligned and “gotta clean that up” goofy here and there. 

Purchase history’s still being transferred. They might wanna make that alert a bit more noticeable—put it in red font or something—because I totally missed it when I first started ranting about only having a month of order history available. 

But I see they’ve made the Favorites list sortable, and removing items from it is a much more pleasant experience (though with an added confirmation step). Thank flippin’ goodness because the old Favorites list made my inner UX designer rage each time I dealt with it. This is a huge improvement. 

And now that I’ve used the rest of the site for however many months, the sliding menus don’t bother me at all. Eh, I know to expect them now, and they don’t decrease usability for me. I’m still super happy with the new Shop filters, since they consistently function better in each browser I’ve tried than the old site design’s obnoxious box-scroll filters. There are a couple design-related things that still kinda annoy me, but they’re not dealbreakers. Certainly not enough to make me start shopping via app instead of website. When it comes to browsing and shopping, I’ll always prefer a web experience over an app experience. For me, retailer apps are useful for finding and activating promos/deals/coupons, managing credit cards, using a digital wallet in-store, and showing a bar code for BOPIS orders. I still don’t like to shop via Ulta’s app. I realize I’m in the minority there, though. 

thank god for them finally updating that favorites list! that was much needed!

@WinglessOne they made the Favorites list better?!  Just when I finally took the time to update mine with all the hassle!

@greeneyedgirl107  I feel you: I was maybe halfway done cleaning up my favorites list when Ulta launched their update. Cannot adequately express in words how frustrated I got every time I removed items from the old list, which caused the page to reload without keeping my place on the list—so I had to scroll all the way down to where I’d left off. Every. Single. Time. That’s the main reason my favorites list was so dang long: removing items was too big a hassle. The new list doesn’t do that, at least not to me via desktop view + Chrome. 

@WinglessOne 100% agree!!!

@WinglessOne Uck I hated that. Glad to hear it's been changed! I need to go look at it. 

@WinglessOne 

The app signs me in, but only kinda sorta...the main page still says "sign in" and doesn't display my points or my offers, but the cart shows my saved for later stuff and I can see my faves. I can't add anything to my cart though, it never shows up.

I managed to get signed in on desktop last night and play with the new loves list, and ehhhhhhh, I hate the "load more" aspect. I'm glad it's got a count at the top again (384 items!), but loading 10-15 at a time means I'm not interested in loading the whole thing to clean it up lol. And, while the counter might jump from "displaying 72" to "displaying 86", most of the time I could only see 5-6 new items, so something is still off. I'm guessing it's due to stuff that's no longer carried (my list is rife with old items), but uh, maybe don't count them if you're not gonna display them, eh?

Trying to add new stuff to my loves list via desktop last night didn't work, nothing happened when I clicked the heart. It seemed like I could delete some items I didn't want anymore, but looking at it via app just now, stuff I deleted last night is still on it, so there's a disconnect somewhere. Although...the items I did delete, I clicked through to the product page and deleted the heart there (trying to see which shade I had hearted for items with multiple colors; it would be nice if that were displayed on the faves list)...if I can't currently add a heart from the product page, maybe I can't take one away that way either, even though the heart went blank and it looked like it worked. I deleted one item directly from the faves list and got that confirmation popup...wish I could remember what it was to see if it's actually gone. Will have to play again later.

Part of my app issues may be a me problem...I have an older version of the app and tend not to upgrade until I absolutely have to, and this may be a sign that they've stopped updating my version...will give it a day or two and see if any missing functionality comes back or not. I do 90% of my browsing via the app because the mobile site is slower than molasses on my phone and I can't be bothered to sit down at my desk unless I absolutely have to, though I do make all of my purchases via desktop once I'm ready to order.

@RGbrown I wish there was a better system for managing different shades of a product at Ulta and Sephora, too!

@RGbrown You have 384 items in your Loves. 😳 I guess that’s how one makes it to Diamond midyear. 😁👍🏻

@civ2ru 

Nah, I've been building this monstrosity for 6-7 years now. I add stuff, then forget all about it, and my list is so long that I rarely look at it anymore lol. Though every now and again I like to scroll through and see how cheap some things got after they were discontinued...would have loved to stumble on these bags for $3-4 each if they were still hanging around a dusty store shelf somewhere!

Screenshot_20230816-142223.png

@RGbrown same!  I always miss out on the ultra low prices!

@RGbrown I also don’t like that you have to tap on a fave item to see if it’s in stock? As much as I love to hate on Sephora for OOS sale section, they do have a better OOS functionality in faves. If something has been discontinued, it just stops showing up. And if it does show up again, ADD IT TO CART NOW! 😊

@civ2ru 

I'm mildly confused? On the old Ulta faves, if "add to bag" was greyed out, it was oos, no tap needed. 

So far, best as I can tell, if it's on the new faves list, it's still in stock...my oos stuff doesn't seem to show up (though it *is* still included in my total count, which drives me a little crazy). 

@RGbrown That’s right. Old Ulta app. In new one, Loves just looks like any product list. No add to bag unless you tap on item first.

@civ2ru 

Ahhh, gotcha, I'm not quite fully conscious yet, sorry (and I've only looked at the new loves list briefly because I'm annoyed with the whole thing lol 😬). The good news is that if it displays, it should be in stock based on what I've seen, but yeah, I hate all the new extra clicks added in everywhere. No add to cart until you click through, no quick view, confirm deletion first, show more...ugh!!

@RGbrown Yeah, OOS items (not discontinued ones) do show up in the new Loves list without any immediate indication of them being OOS – unless you tap on each individual item. I have this Houglass holiday butterfly palette (THAT BRAND, AGAIN???) that is still lingering from last year, although I know by now that it’s gone for good. Or do I? That’s why it’s still in the Loves. The year before, the HG holiday palettes hung around well into the next summer, at which point they were marked down 30% or something like that (WHICH IS WHEN I GRABBED ONE!). Not likely the same will happen ever again, but a girl can dream.

Maybe we should migrate our Loves into “Save For Later” part of the cart, availability is more immediate there? Just imagine (dreamily): a cart with 384 items saved for later… 🤪

In all honesty, I am fully aware that these are all 1st world problems. But we gotta get our fun from somewhere. 😉

@civ2ru I've been using my Saved for Later feature a lot more to check for low prices, too.

@civ2ru 

Oh weird, when I was comparing my old style list to my new one, most of my NLA items weren't showing up at all on the new one. Just opened my app to check again and it has gone haywire...the first few items show fine, but then as it loads more, it's showing the same items again, but this time with the NLA stuff mixed in...just saw some Morgan Taylor polishes, and Ulta hasn't carried them for a year or more now. 

Sigh, maybe they'll get the kinks worked out soon and we can see how it settles out 🤦‍♀️

Save For Later is actually my new loves list, has been for a while now lol. Unless I can't add something to cart for whatever reason (in which case I add it my loves list and forget all about it), that's where I put stuff I either intend to buy soon or want to watch closely for price changes or deals (because my loves list is too unwieldy to serve this purpose anymore 😅). The 100 item cap has caught me a couple of times, but I've been keeping it around 80 now. I really should do a deep clean, I'm unlikely to buy most of the stuff on it now, but I always second guess what I should toss, ha!

@RGbrown  Ah, yeah I almost always update all my apps to latest version, even if it’s an app I don’t use much. Some of those updates can include security fixes, after all. I had no problem logging into Ulta’s app yesterday. Didn’t poke around much to see the latest changes (because I don’t shop via that app). 

Sorry you had issues with the desktop site, though. I was also able to add new favorite items via desktop with no problems. I did notice Ulta opted for a manual “load more” instead of automatic lazy loading. I’ve kinda disliked lazy loading since it first became a design staple, but I get the pros (and cons) of it vs. manual load more vs. just load the entire looooong page in one shot, from both a consumer/user and site/server admin perspectives. Eh, Ulta’s manual load more is just like Sephora’s on the Loves List. 

Ulta could further improve the favorites list by letting users categorize items, even if we have to use pre-set categories (vs. making up our own). I wish Sephora would do this too. And I meant to leave at least one item on my Ulta list that’s no longer available, so I could see how the new list handles it—but I must’ve been overzealous the last time I cleaned up my list. 😄 I hope the new list still displays a “no longer available” note where applicable. 

@WinglessOne Good points there. If I had just one wish for Sephora’s future website redesign, it would be “Please delete items from your Sale section that are OOS” (and have been so for years).

26,884 Replies
testing