Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@itscarin 

Ultaxelle20 is still working; the other two went dead at/around midnight last night, so I assume this one will work til then. BDBFF hasn't posted the new one yet, at least as of a couple of hours ago, but hopefully she'll get that up whenever this one dies!

For anyone whose Ulta promo emails have mysteriously stopped arriving: holy bleep, I got an Ulta email at 6:24 AM CT today! This "5X points on Clinique" email is the first promo email I've gotten from them since April this year. Last time I heard from customer support about this problem was in early June, when they said they'd forward my case to their tech team—and that was after they'd tried to reset my account in May. So, I guess it took 2.5 months to maybe possibly fix it... I don't wanna jinx myself. 🤣 But hey, there's hope for us yet! 

The last time I was mysteriously unsubscribed from emails, it didn't take nearly this long for Ulta to straighten out the problem. I assume the fix this time wasn't as simple as "resetting" my account and waiting 14 days for email to start rolling in again. I'm not even sure my problem's fully fixed yet, and customer support hasn't sent me any kind of confirmation or checkup email about it. I'll believe it's fixed after I get 4 or 5 more emails. I'm kinda afraid to log into my account (via web or app) and look at my mail subscription status, lest that action somehow glitch things up again. It shouldn't, but as screwy as Ulta's email service is... 

Also, I'm resisting the urge to contact Ulta and demand they send me a compensation Diamond coupon or promo code to make up for all the ones I've missed since April. I don't wanna be That Customer but c'mon man. What I really want, though, is for Ulta to fix this problem for EVERYONE, even if that means moving to a new mail system or app for promo email. I hope anyone else missing emails will start getting them again soon! 

@WinglessOne , and all,

After more than a couple of calls to Ulta's Customer Service, my emails from Ulta have Finally restarted.  Mine were missing for longer than from this June.  I think that the last time I was lucky enough to get a CS Agent who actually tried.  It is surprisingly exciting to get the emails again!  For those who are still missing their emails, I second the suggestions to unsubscribe and then subscribe again.

@WinglessOne Wow, finally! I'm glad to hear that you got an email after all this time. I don't understand why & how this keeps happening, & why this issue can't be properly fixed.

Like many others, I stopped receiving emails sometime in the middle of June. It was the third time this has happened to my account, with the second time being less than a year ago. Thankfully, this was the quickest that it's been solved. I didn't notice until the week before Perk Day (the 5th) & I immediately messaged CS, thinking that I wouldn't receive my Perk Day email & would have to resort to contacting CS for my Diamond code. Surprisingly, I got the Perk Day email & save for the following day, I have gotten a daily email since. I didn't try unsubbing & resubbing this time because it "confused" CS when I tried it in the past, as they kept emailing me asking if I wanted to receive emails, why did I unsub & could I please not do that because it messes up the system lol.

@WinglessOne So happy for you.  I hope the good luck continues!  I meant to post that I recently starting getting my e-mails again after them stopping a month or so ago.  I had contacted Ulta, and they said to wait two weeks.  I  mysteriously started getting e-mails after I placed a BOPIS order.  Go figure.

@WinglessOne   Yay!  I am SOOO happy for you!  As far as asking for compensation, it probably won't produce the desired response anyway.  I'm kind of ashamed to admit this to you, but I tried a few times and was denied.

@WinglessOne @Ispend2much6 Yay for emails working again!!! Mine was fixed fairly quickly this time as well. I only missed the emails for one perks day this time, took months in the past.

As for coupons, the last one Ulta's customers service sent me didn't even work. They really need to get it together. And they don't throw around Giftcard compensations like they used to. 😣

They really DO need to change the "targeted" offers and multipliers. @RGbrown couldn't agree more and I've been snubbed on every one of those this year, save for a few brand multipliers I didn't care about. Offer it to everyone, or everyone in a tier Ulta or offer us a number of offers to choose from each month, quarter, or year. I feel like if ibotta can nail it, Ulta could too.

@alexalicious  Glad your email issue was quickly resolved! But boo hiss on customer service for sending you an inactive coupon. 🤦‍♀️ 

A friend told me I'm being too hard on Ulta and not taking into account the effect of the pandemic on their ops. I'd agree with that if, you know, this was the first time I'd ever been kicked off the promo email list—and if MANY other customers hadn't also had this issue multiple times over the years. Unless everyone who handles customer accounts and email was laid off in 2020 or 2021, Ulta has no excuse for this. 

And yes, it'd be good to see tier-specific offers sent out, or at least an all-customers approach to the range of %-off promos. If the range is 10/15/20% off, then make sure ALL customers get one of those %-off promos. And ffs, push those offers to the app inbox in addition to sending mail so some of us don't miss them. Because I'll be shocked if no one loses promo emails again in the next year or 2. This problem's so long-lived, I pretty much expect it to happen. 

@alexalicious   Oh, that is frustrating to be passed by on the targeted offers. I'm in the same boat as you, and I have no idea why.

I'm glad you got an email, yay @WinglessOne !! Yeah, I would wait. Just in case. I didn't get the Perk email for July either and maybe Ulta did fix the glitch. Last week, I used my computer browser and Unsubscribed my email. I waited a few  minutes, then subscribed again. Each account is different I guess, since I started getting emails the next day. Also, got a 20% off email this week. I don't get it, it really hurts their sales, don't you think? Even with a % off, it's still $$ in their pockets.

Now, if only I could get my BIC email working again.🤞

@Buootiful I'm glad the un-/re-subscribe dance worked for you! It didn't work for me when I tried it in April or May, but it has worked one of the previous times I was kicked off the promo email list. 🤷‍♀️ When I get those targeted % off emails, I usually use 'em—and if I don't, I give 'em away—so yep, Ulta's lost out on my money this summer. Probably lots of other people's money, too. I'd say "good for us to save that money" if I hadn't spent it elsewhere instead. 😂 I guess Ulta doesn't care much about losing money to competitors due to recurring email system issues they can't seem to fix. 

And man, BIC email's been spotty for me for months now. At least I seem to be steadily getting notifications now, unlike last year and earlier this year. This reminds me to check my thread subscription settings and see if I still have any set to email me about updates. Anyway, I hope BIC email gets fixed for you soon! 

Ulta's handling of their email list is just shameful. 😐 I got dropped in mid-June, and saw a bit of increased chatter from folks dropped around the same time...I almost feel like Ulta had a significant glitch in their database around that time, though I certainly can't confirm that.

I was worried I might not get my Perk Day email, so the Friday before, I went into my account and unsubscribed, then let that sit for 24ish hours... Saturday night, I resubscribed. I didn't get an email that Sunday, but *did* get my Perk email, and have gotten at least one email (almost) every day since. I don't think this fixed it perfectly...I wasn't included in the recent 10off10/15off50/20% promo (and with so many denominations, I kinda feel like there should have been something for everyone, even if undesirable, but maybe I'm wrong on that), and I have missed emails on a couple of days, but at least I'm getting something most of the time now.

Heck, I don't even know if what I did fixed it...the week after perk day, I saw a few folks say their emails had started back up as well, so perhaps Ulta managed to fix at least a part of whatever issue they were having on their own.  🤷‍♀️

In any case, @WinglessOne , I'm not sure doing the unsub/resub on your own would have been a bad idea. Since you got an email today though, definitely let it be for a few days first to see how it goes, and I'll have my fingers crossed that you are all fixed up!

@RGbrown  Unsub/resub is the first thing I tried (in April or May) to fix it. I've done that before and had gotten back on the email train within 48 hours, but that didn't work this time. Plus, I could see how screwed up my sub status was (before I even tried to un-/re-sub) by looking at my account via website and seeing the mismatch between my acct landing page's "you are subscribed" status and my bonus offers page's "oops, you're not subscribed" alert, vs. the app showing me as subscribed. I had to email customer service about it. I'm glad the un-/re-sub dance seems to have worked for you though, even if only partially. At least you got your perk email! (I didn't, of course. 🙄

Maybe whatever Ulta recently fixed has also resolved issues for folks like me who got dropped in spring. I'm genuinely curious to know how many complaints they've had each month from customers who were kicked off the sub list this year. Actually, for all years, since this is not a new problem. 🤦‍♀️ I wish they'd start redundantly pushing all promo emails to the app inbox. I did suggest that to them the last time I emailed customer service, and I can't possibly be the only person who has. Anyway, we'll see if things are back on track now! I can hardly wait til I have this problem all over again! 🤣

I started getting emails a bit ago also @WinglessOne . We shall see how long it lasts lol. I actually kind of, may or may not have , sort of , maybe , said similar things to them, 🙄🙃😂, about past missed promos , coupons and Diamond gifts etc etc. How shocking I have heard nothing back on that one. 😆 I suppose the 3.50 off will surely comp for them tho. 😳😂 And from the looks of the stuff I missed it’s A- Ok with me. Lol but it’s the principle of the thing, for all the money spent with them. The $ off definitely helps! Glad to hear yours are starting up again as well! 🥰

@Sunnysmom  When I saw the usual $3.50 coupon at the end of my promo email, my eyes rolled far enough for me to practically read the bad words on my brain before I spoke them aloud. 🤣 I mean sure, if I was a Clinique fan, 5X points would be exciting. Well, also if I hadn't gone 4 months without ANY promo codes, coupons, sale/event notifications, etc. I understand why Ulta wouldn't want to compensate us for missing out—and honestly, they don't have to since I'm sure the reward program terms don't guarantee members will receive offers. But with so many people missing email, possibly affected by a mass glitch, the least Ulta could do is send out an apology. Maybe not via email, though. 🙄

Glad you're getting email again, too! 

Haha @WinglessOne I think we need a brain eye roll emoji ! You’re so right. I expect nothing as well but a little acknowledgement wouldn’t be bad. It’s been so long since I’ve had a 20%, but $3.50?! Sheesh 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ 

New multiplier

Screenshot_20210720-001500.png

Ultaxelle20 code is still working as of now (Bri and Abby have expired)

@RGbrown  Thanks for posting this!  I heard that MAC's new mascara is wonderful, and I'd like to try it.

Murad Free Beauty Break 4 Piece Gift with $50 purchase

productId=pimprod2026728

Screenshot_20210719-161050.png

Screenshot_20210719-161033.png

Ess-C Day hit my funny bone just right and gave me a good snort-chuckle 🤣 Someone said "eff it, good enough!" 

Another influencer 20% off prestige code is: ULTAXELLE20. Looks like the other two codes from yesterday (ULTAXBRI20 & ULTAXABBY20) are also still working.

26,817 Replies
testing