Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

Yeah, my water intake can definitely suffer when I travel too @Mellmars1185. I'm sure my coworkers who were also on this most recent trip thought I was nuts - there was a breakfast every morning before the first session/meeting, and every morning, there would be lined up infront of my spot at the table, my 20-oz water bottle full of water, 12 oz orange juice from the breakfast, 12 oz of coffee, and then, depending what was consumed first, I'd fill up either my coffee mug or OJ glass with the supergreens powder and more water. I pack either supergreen supplements like that or Emergen-C, or both. The goal is to get my greens and vitamin C in with veggies, but I have them just in case. During Sephoria, I'd have one of those Bloom things in the morning and if I remembered, at night.

Okay, making a note for the next Sephoria that we are both adequately hydrated. 🚰

@itsfi congratulations on using up your foils 

@CorgiMommy, thank you. It’s a work in progress.

@itsfi  Wow! You did a great job! It’s always the months you don’t think you’ll use things up that you do! Such a happy feeling! Sounds like you used some great products this month. But no new favs! Always nice to try things out and see what you love! 

So true @ather. I haven't always picked samples when I place an order, only when there's something that I really want to try or that I want to have to take with me on trips. Yet somehow, my stash of samples continues to have plenty to choose from. This month made a sizeable dent in that pool of samples. 😃

Maybe it's me, but I've been feeling like it's harder for me to find new faves. Not that they aren't out there or that I don't have new to me favorites, but not as many products fall within that category as frequently as they used to. I mean, I have at least one new product that is a favorite every month but for the most part, it's often products that have been in and out of my rotation for some amount of time that becomes a favorite more often than not. Watch, now that I've said that, my favorites will be products that are all new to me this month. Hahaha! 

I will be waiting to see if you jinxed yourself 🤣 @itsfi 

It should not come as a surprise if I do @ather. 😂🤣😂 Speaking of which, I need to do my monthly favorites soon. It was part of my plan for this afternoon but I ended up falling asleep for a couple of hours. 😴 💤 

@itsfi  Sleeping on the couch is way more important than posting monthly favs! Self care is much needed!! I could go for a couch sleep! 

Yeah, I need to do better with that @ather. But I was able to get to the grocery store (eggs, fish and spinach for nail care 😆), run a couple of errands, get to my hair appointment, etc. I just didn’t get to pick out grout colors for the kitchen. One of the priorities for tomorrow. 📝 

@itsfi  Good job! Nothing wrong with taking a break! Oooo how’s your nails coming along? Mine are growing a little but still breaking. I’m sure it will take time for the new strong nails to come through! 

Here are the 22 foils I used up since my last post.  I had lots of opportunities as I traveled to get my puppy.  They are many repeats and favorites and a few new to me products 

The Chanel base mascara was new.  I like it but didn't see a reason to

add it to my routine.  Oribe Run Through Detangling Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL was nice as I didn't have any conditioner with me.  The foil was enough for two days..  

This brings me to 64 foils used since I started in August.

IMG_20231025_111010838.jpg

IMG_20231025_110917662.jpg

@CorgiMommy Wow impressive foils. Congratulations on your new puppy! They bring so much joy. I have been wanting one for a long time. Just waiting for the right time...but is there ever really a right time??? 

A new puppy @CorgiMommy? Congrats! How's the pup adjusting to his/her new home? 

Great work on your foils. I love having foils of repeats and favorites.

@itsfi Owyn is a great puppy, playful but chill when he needs to be.  Everyone is getting along.

IMG_5061.jpeg

I got a pair of foils from L’Oreal. I happened to stumble on the offer on Instagram. They were free, so I thought why not. One is their midnight serum while the other is their midnight cream. They advertised that they would help skin recover faster. I only had enough to try each twice but my skin does feel a bit smoother. 

@JoSometimes That is great you were able to get some freebies. How was the scent?

@Mellmars1185 I don’t recall any scent with these. A plus for anyone with sensitive skin. 

I'm all for smooth skin @JoSometimes! Are either or both products something  you would pick up in a full size?

@itsfi Maybe someday if it’s on sale. I wish they had sent like two or three so I could give it a full week trial instead of just a few days. 

Yeah, it can be hard to really tell how a product performs with just one foil sample, especially with skincare @JoSometimes.

Really late with this but here are the 11 foils I used in September for a ytd total since August of 42. 

I most of them are repeats or products I already use.  The standout is the beauty blender brush cleaner sample.  This is my favorite thing to use to clean my brushes.  If you haven't tried it you should. 

Working on my October foils and will try to post sooner.  

IMG_20231005_112109624.jpg

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg