Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@JoSometimes  Darn to bad the peel made you super dry. I also have a hard time with peels! 

Yeah. I’ve used Dermalogica Mini Daily Milkfoliant Exfoliator .45 oz / 13 g before, so I was hopefully this could work for deeper exfoliating but alas, no…

IMG_3906.jpeg

I don’t have a super huge stash of foils but I managed to try one foil last week. Nécessaire The Body Lotion - Firming Moisturizer With 5 Peptides and 2.5% Niacinamide 6.8 oz / 200 m... 

I’ve heard about this one before, all good things. Sadly, only enough to give this a single try but it was a great body lotion. Not irritating and left my skin feeling hydrated without being sticky. The consistency was nice and light and didn’t take much effort to work it into my skin. I MIGHT look into a full size some day.

IMG_20230812_172042610.jpg

I am back on the foil challenge. 

After i cleaned out my makeup this week I realized how many foils, deluxe samples and gifts with purchase I have accumulated since I did this challenge back in 2018.

This week I used 10 foils and I would have used more but the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL lasted 5 days. BTW it is a nice eye mask.  No puffy eyes in the morning.

Here are some thoughts on some of the foils.

Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reform® Treatment Serum 1 oz / 30 mL and Shani Darden Skin Care Lactic Acid AHA Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.. This brand is one I need to look into more.  They appear to be great products.   Yes, the samples did exactly what they should do make you want to buy a full size.

Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate (I wasn't able to take this product) is something I have used before.  Nice product , I would bring this type of foil on vacation with me .

Kiehl's Since 1851 Retinol Skin Renewing Daily Micro Dose Serum Duo left my skin feeling sticky.   Again a foil I would use while traveling.

First Aid Beauty Bounce-Boosting Serum with Collagen + Peptides 1 oz / 30 mL another one leaving my skin sticky. 

LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides  I thought this would be thicker than it was.  

LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL , I have used this before.  Nice product that is super hydrating.

Okay, everyone trying to use up your foils, I am challenging you to step up your game and try more.  You never know what you will find.  

To those not in this challenge stop hoarding and try out what you have.

@CorgiMommy Wow so many foils! That is great.

@Mellmars1185 thanks, I have a lot more to post.  I just need the time to get to it.

@CorgiMommy ten foils in one week is darn good!

@CookieGirl1 thanks.  I really need to stop hoarding them.  My stash is getting out of control 

Wow @CorgiMommy! You went through quite a few. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on everything. 

@JoSometimes I am trying to give what for some are first impressions.

Good work this week! @CorgiMommy  You really made a lot of progress! 🥳

I hope you have lots of fun using what you have and give yourself fun but attainable goals 💕

Your giving me good motivation to use up things that are waiting for thier turn in my collection 🙂

@CynthieLu it is fun exploring new products ,  of course, that means new things to buy.

I set 13 foils aside for July. I did not reach my goal again. I managed to get through 8.

20230802_155031.jpg

For August I am not going to set a specific goal. I am going to try and use for full size products and save my foils for travel.

Good job @Mellmars1185 It's not always easy to find a time and place to use up the foils,  Anyring you enjoyed in that fun mix?

@CynthieLu Thank you! Tbh, I really enjoyed everything. I just noticed that with the SF cream I had a bit of a breakout while I was using it. It could have been other factors. My favourite was the Lancome cream.

Oh yes @Mellmars1185  I've used that Lancome foil too, it's pretty awesome 😉

I fell off the foil wagon but I took a bunch with me on vacation figuring I could work on using them up, 😅 along with bottles and trials I wanted to finish off. I think it's been going pretty well.   

20230727_093339.jpg

20230725_085433.jpg

20230718_161139.jpg

20230722_112900.jpg

Everything has been nice or awesome 👌 I lucked out pretty seriously with all the items so far.

I brought too much probably but I've made a good dent in my stash 😄 

🌟Star Shout Outs🌟 

Drybars Drybar Liquid Glass Smoothing Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Drybar Liquid Glass Smoothing Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL as well as Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DermInfusions™ Fill + Repair Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL 

@CynthieLu Travelling is such a great way to use up some foils. Great progress!!

Wowza, that's a lot of foils you made your way through; nice work, @CynthieLu. Ahhh, the DDG serum - I have a few foils and deluxe sizes of it, need to try it out at a time when a sale is around the corner. 😅

Thank you! @itsfi  I think it's an **excellent** Hyaluronic Acid but the price 🙈 It defintley would help with a good sale 😉💕

@CynthieLu  Holy cow!  You tried so many different products 😃. Glad you really enjoyed many of them!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg