Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@Mellmars1185 Nice assortment of haircare and skin care!  How did you like the Dae Shampoo and Conditioner in the green packets?  I like the ones they have in the coral and was contemplating the green for the sale. 

@missjeanie I did like the Dae shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo lathered really well. That is always something I look for, having an oily scalp. I didn't notice anything different with my hair. I can't remember if there was a scent to it.

I fell a bit short of what I was hoping to use up foil wise for March.  I swear I feel like I've been sick since the end of January and to add to year end stress at work... I got a nasty cold.  My skincare has been pared riiiiight down lately.  I am going to take a bit of a break in April but am going to keep the items from March I didn't use up in with my project pan items so that I can get them finished up.  

338729731_1229038657973653_5510523318407341252_n.jpg

Had a few in the bunch that I quite enjoyed.  The Merit foundation was my leftover from February.  The shade was a touch dark for me, but I made it work with some creative concealer use.  Farmacy Honey Saviour was just lovely on my poor dried out nose and is a possible purchase for the spring sale.  The Fresh Vitamin powder mask/scrub was great and so easy to use.  The Shiseido was a beautiful serum.  The wishful scrub was... odd.  Very little in the package and hard to get it out.  I'm not sure what I think of this one, but I do have a few more samples that I'll try. 

Leftovers moving on to AprilLeftovers moving on to April

@missjeanie  Great job. I know what you mean. We have year end also! And I feel I’ve been hanging on to this cold too. I wish it would go away!!! 

@ather Oh no, I hope you're feeling better!

@missjeanie  Thanks! My husband just got home from a trip and he’s brought something home too. So lucky us! All I need is more sickness!

@ather Oh no!!!  Dang it, not the souvenir you were hoping for!

@missjeanie  Lol not really. He did bring me back some truffles! 

Yeah @missjeanie, I’m low-keying it for April too with the foils. It’ll be a nice break while I deal with allergies. 😂 Or, I’m expecting my allergies will come out in full force sometime this month. 😬 I am interested to see how often I reach for a foil though. 

Allergies are the worst @itsfi !  I bet you have to deal with them way longer than I do (we got two feet of snow last weekend lol).  I'm usually good until about end of May.  I'm anticipating that multiple sale season orders will add a few foils to my stash to tackle again after some 'time off'.  Maybe a renewed vigor for them too!

Oh my gosh @missjeanie, I placed an order with an online Asian beauty store. They usually toss in a sheet mask or two and a few foil samples. Ummm… this most recent purchase came with 20, yes twenty!!!, foil samples!!!! Grateful because they didn’t have to give any but it seems a tad much!! It’s undone the progress I’ve made. 😔 

lol @itsfi I actually have a little 'scrooge mcduck' meme running through my mind... you're swimming in alllllll the samples! lol  Maybe there'll be a gem of a new product in the mix!

I think a break is necessary when life gets to stressful, and on top of it all a nasty cold,  that's just awful!  So sorry to hear that @missjeanie Hope you feel better soon 💖

There's no race in the foils game, you'll do what you can, when you can. You went through so much, you did great this month! Way to go girl 🥳

@CynthieLu Thanks!  I'm hoping I naturally work a few in this month, but I'm gonna go low pressure this month. 

I think that's an excellent idea @missjeanie go at the pace that works for you and it'll stay more fresh and fun 💖

@missjeanie Great progress and honesty. I also fell short in March on what I planned on using. I was feeling a bit dissapointed in myself. But then I thought, if it wasn't for this challenge I probably wouldn't have used so many. Here is to April! 🥰

@Mellmars1185 Yessssss... I'm loving your outlook and I'm gonna borrow it!  I know I wouldn't have used anywhere near what I did without the challenge push!

My empties for foils is small this month, I had selected groups of foils for January and Febuary, but took a more relaxed approach for March.

Spoiler
Empties for March foils/trial and regular:
MTXX_MH20230401_085453013.jpg

MTXX_MH20230401_085340275.jpg

MTXX_MH20230401_085257745.jpg

I did post reviews on 😋 Empties - V2 

This month I pulled out a group of foils hoping to work though them 😀 and here they are:

MTXX_MH20230401_092935753.jpg

The Biossance trial size was in a box,  I'm super impressed with its size,  it's a big bottle 😍

Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL 

A side goal I have is to work though foils I'm less excited about and saving my white whale for last, I guess like a reward for finishing them up.  I'm getting closer to using an Augustinus Bader The Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer that I'm super excited to try 😉

@CynthieLu  Great job!!! Oooo look at those DS! I love when you really get enough to test it out!! Can’t wait to see your progress!!! 

What a nice reward to look forward to @CynthieLu. Biossance & Augustinus Bader are great brands. 👍🏼 

@CynthieLu Great progress! Excellent selections and new approach for April!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg