Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@Mellmars1185, I love it when brands have these 7 or 10 or 14, in this case, samples for testing. It’s so much more helpful to gauge how a product performs. 

Ouhh this looks like a fun challenge

to attempt to keep the samples under control.  Tonight I will be using 5 samples but likely using up only 4.  The only one that’s new to me is the Summer Friday’s Midnight Ritual Retinol Renewal Serum, so I intend to use it sparingly until I know how potent it is . 

967DB5F3-153E-4554-AFBC-4FF92FBD7292.jpeg

March -

A big "yes!" to keeping samples under control @heartsmyface! It doesn't seem to take long for the pile to grow, especially with online purchases from Asian Beauty stores - certain ones can be super generous with the samples. 😲 I see some great products I really like (Kerastase, YTTP) in your set of samples and some that I have heard rave reviews about. How's your skin liking the Summer Fridays retinol serum?

Wise call taking it easy with the retinol until you see how it is with your skin @heartsmyface. Have fun with your foils! I hope the new serum works out for you 😁

@CynthieLu  Ha, yeah I learned my lesson with the DE retinol cream.  I thought I had a pretty high and established tolerance for retinoids but it peeled me  good.  ha, I’m still a little hesitant to reach for the DE. 

@heartsmyface Great choices. I have been seeing the Kerastase mask lately. I am curious to know how you like it and how long you left it in for?

@Mellmars1185  Oh I love it! I received it gratis a few years back from TeamBIC and have repurchased it twice since.  I throw it on at night and sleep in it and wake up with soft hair.  it does now have competition with the K-18 leave in treatment.  I don’t find one better or worse than the other.  Maaaybe the K-18 is better but it may just be that’s it’s still novel to me.  

March Foils Plan ~ here are the foils that make up my goals for the month. 

March 2023 Foils PlanMarch 2023 Foils Plan

20 foils total, consisting of

All but the Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo and Verb Ghost Weightless Conditioner  are new-to-me treats. I've been wanting to try the Eadem serum since it was released and was super excited to see the gwp. We're on Day 3 and so far, so good with the Eadem serum. 

I'll continue to sheet mask (given how long I've been at it, it would be hard to imagine that I did not use sheet mask at all for a month. 😮😆) but I'm not setting any targets. March and April aren't always the kindest to my skin (weather changes, allergies, etc.) so I'll play by ear my sheet mask usage.

Will try to check back in again mid-month @ather for a progress report! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing how everyone does with this month's foil challenge. Good luck, everyone! 

Good luck to you too @itsfi 

(I think I'm taking a pause on my foil panning "set" goals and just using what I feel like this month. I'm still working on tester sizes and I'm OK with this plan.)

Your samples line up is so prettily pictured here. Enjoy everything! Can't wait to hear how it goes, and how you like the results after Eadem Serum trial is finished 😄

@CynthieLu, it's always a great plan to use the products that will work for you, be they foils or full size, or anything in between. I will likely have a month later in the year where I don't have any set foils I'm aiming to use. Or, I may just play it by ear and set aside a foil or two that I intend to use in a particular week. Will be great to see what, if any, foils you used at the end of the month.

@itsfi Excellent goals for the month. Glad that the serum is working so far 🥰

@Mellmars1185, thank you. I went with a smaller variety of products this month. We'll see how it works out, but so far, so good.

@itsfi  Ooooo great choices!! I’m interested in hearing if you see changes after using Eadem! I need to look into this brand I don’t think I’ve heard of it!! Good luck! I know you will do great!! 

Thank you @ather! I'm happy that the Eadem serum doesn't seem to have any negative skin results so far. Will let you know how it goes. The brand launched its first product, this serum, at Sephora in late spring 2021. They have a highly curated selection of products - serum, moisturizer, and cleanser. They also have a spatula for scooping out the moisturizer. 

@itsfi Beauty line up!  I need to go choose my March foils now too.  I'm curious to see how you end up liking the Eadem! 

It'll be fun to see your foils for March @missjeanie. I'll keep you posted on the Eadem - good news is that there's been no irritation or skin sensitivities to it so far. 

February Foils - My goal was to finish the 19 I picked out in mid Feb. I managed to finish them and a few others throughout the month for a total of 32.

20230302_170718.jpg

Way to go! 🙌 That's an incredible amount to finish in a month 🥳

Hummm, do you remember what you though of KEYS? @Mellmars1185 

They are always coming up on the Rewards bizarre but I don't have much experience with this brand. 

@CynthieLu Thank you. I liked the KEYS cleanser. It had a mild scent to it and left my skin feeling clean. From just trying a few foils, I can't really get a sense of how it impacts my skin. 

I had a foil by them too @Mellmars1185 but I didn't get a good sense of the brand either. I'm really hoping SuperGoop or Glow Recipie come back to the Rewards Bazaar 🙏 

Holy Hannah @Mellmars1185 !   Talk about a foil Queen!  Did you find any new or old faves?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg