Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you @Saradestin! I was determined  to get a heart on my nails this year - I got a good laugh last year with my smooshed-football looking hearts but was a smidge bummed as well so these hearts were going to happen this year!!! Even if I only had it on one nail. 

Your mani is so pretty, @itsfi ! ❤❤❤

@Titian06, thank you. I almost gave up on it a couple of times. Glad I stuck with it.

Oooh these are so adorable @itsfi !!!! 

Thank you @Kim888. They came out better than I thought. I’m glad the hearts worked this year. 😆 

These have got to make you smile when you look at your hands @itsfi this is sooo cute! 💕💕💕 I love the fun things you try with your nails for holiday's. If i didn't work in a kitchen I'd be all over trying this look out 😍

Ahhh, thank you @CynthieLu! It’s been a fun learning to do some nail art. Most of my nail art is done the day/night before I have a work from home day(s) the next day or Friday night of a 3-day weekend. You work in a kitchen? That’s a lot hard work! 

I have a few periods during the year when I'm off work and than I can wear polishes @itsfi so this black Friday I bought a few and I'm counting down the weeks until I get to use them. They were a sale @RGbrown turned me onto ‌‌‌💕‌‌‌ My nails are in a bit of rough a shape so I am hoping to get them a bit longer and stronger and hopefully enjoy wearing them when the time comes. 

I have considered doing them for the off days but then if I get called in its trouble ‌‌‌😅‌‌‌ 

Oooh my dreams would be to play around with designs like you do, but oh my I don't know if I have that kind of skill lol

You nailed it, tee hee, My job is a tough one but I love it ‌😉

@itsfi 

Squee, this is too adorable 😍 I really like the pink base on you...it gives a touch of contrast and brightening while still being neutral 💕

Thank you @RGbrown! I saw this design on some press on nails but I’m not ready to try press on just yet so I decided to try to recreate the look. It looks less clean and the colors are brighter than the press ons but I’m happy with how they turned out, mainly because they actually worked out. This was the fifth take. 

The hearts turned out muuuuch better this year. Last year, my attempts at hearts looked like smooshed footballs. 😝 I’m digging this pink base a lot. It’s in the “definitely a keeper” category. 💗

@itsfi Pretty Valentine's Mani. I need to pick up some tools so I can make some beautiful designs like you ♥️

@Mellmars1185, thank you. I think technically I could have done this with just a dotting tool if I were more skilled. I used a brush as well, to fill in the hearts. I don’t think Target or Ulta is available near you, but if you have access to Sally Hansen products, this little set is really handy and decently priced! 

Nail art tools.jpg

@itsfi Thanks I will check that one out😊

Cross posting from @danielledanielle ‘s Valentine’s thread. https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/Happy-Valentine-s-Day-BIC-Share-your-vibrant-and-viv...

Join us there for anything Valentines! ❤️❤️❤️

Ok, I just couldn’t wait until Valentine’s to try a Valentine’s inspired mani. This is what I came up with. It is so sad that the staining from a polish on my nails is showing up in the pictures (IRL is barely noticeable) 😓.

I applied 5 coats (yes, I was trying to achieve some level of opacity to cover the staining) of my just acquired Bésame Nail Polish in Ursula. It is a gorgeous very sheer pearl shade that goes from pink to almost blue depending on the light. I don’t like sheer polishes but I liked this one much more than I thought! 

Interior natural light. Most of this blue is the reflection of the sky outsideInterior natural light. Most of this blue is the reflection of the sky outside

I though that would be a gorgeous base for some stamping, of course! 😁 As stamping polishes I used Zoya in Foster for the letters and Zoya in Rashida for the hearts and Cupidos. 

As stamping plates I used Clear Jelly Stamper in 39 The Poet, for the text Designs (anything in brown)

I used Kads Festival 017 for the rest (anything in red)

All nails are different. Which one is your favorite? 

Outdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sun

Interior natural lightInterior natural lightInterior natural lightInterior natural light

@Saradestin  Your base is beautiful 💕. But you are so good with your stamping!  This is a gorgeous design 💖

Thank you so much sweet @Cissy63! I love stamping so I add it every time I have the chance 

@Saradestin  I love this! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Thank you so much @ather beautiful! I love the romantic look of them

@Saradestin Look what amazing things you did to your nails! These are so good🤩 I love your new polishes and what you've done with this Valentines stamping 🩷🩵🩶

Thank you beautiful @CynthieLu! I will be showing something new soon because I had a lot of heavy duty cleaning to do and I ruined most of my right hand nails 😭

@Saradestin Beautiful Valentine's mani. The base is perfect as it lets the stamps stand out 💞

testing