Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Cissy63  Mmmmm yum!

Wow, super pretty, @ather ! 🤎🍩🤎🍩

@Titian06  Thank you!!! 

@ather  That brown looks like a perfect chocolate donut color to me. Well done! 

@WinglessOne  Thank you!! I wanted a more light brown but it works! I am still happy how it turned out! 

@ather 

I'd say you nailed the glazed donut look 😁 These look great!! 🤎

@RGbrown  Thanks! It took a few try’s but I’m happy with it. I also think the right chrome powder helps!! 

@ather Very pretty! This mani does resemble the Chocolate Glazed Donut!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you! Still need to perfect my nails tho!

@ather @ They look great to me but i know the feeling!

Purposely ignoring the first day of fall because it's been back up in the 90s here for the last week or so (until today, now it's 70...guess I angered the gods and they are trying to remind me of my place ‌😂‌)

Hopping in the wayback machine for a trip to 2015 with OPI Color Paints! I found the 6pc mini set at NailWholesale and desperately wanted to give OPI's jellies a shot. ‌❣️

The full collection had 8 jellies and a silver foil to use as a base; the mini set I picked up has 5 of the jellies plus the silver, aka the perfect amount for a fun skittle set. I decided to do up some simple art to showcase all of them, both with and without the silver base.

All nails have two coats of the jellies over a clear base coat. Let that dry, then I just used the bottle brush to draw three stripes of silver side by side, each a little shorter than the one next to it, and then repeated the same thing with the jellies over the silver, just a little lower.

Shades used:

Pen and Pink

Turquoise Aesthetic

Chromatic Orange

Purple Perspective

Primarily Yellow

Silver Canvas

Pink, orange, and yellow are *amazingly* smooth and easy. Flawless color distribution, zero streaks or fussiness of any sort. You'll never build to full opacity with these, but the level of pigmentation is amazing nonetheless. 

Purple and turquoise were not so nice. Streaky and difficult on the full nail, I finally just dropped a blob near the cuticle and hoped for the best, knowing that would be all that showed anyways. There are streaks over the silver too, but it becomes more interesting and less of a headache there, since I wasn't worried about coverage at that point. These could probably be built to full coverage, or close to it, even without a base, as they get pretty dark pretty quickly. 

Full size bottles with bigger brushes might have helped these two a bit, but I perused a few blog posts from 2015 reviews, and they were pretty universal about them being problem children.

The silver is just a silver foil. Not particularly noteworthy or something to seek out specifically. It's a bit streaky, even just doing short lines like this I had to patch a few spots, and I'm sure I have better silvers in my existing collection.

IMG_20220923_115819305_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220923_115827893_HDR.jpg

There are three more shades in the collection, a deeper red-pink, a bright grass green, and a deep blue. I spent a little time looking for them last night and assembled a cart...am holding off for now, but they're rolling around in the back of my mind ‌🤔

Wow! Such a stunning mani! You always bring the most gorgeous designs and color combinations @RGbrown ! Spectacular! ❤️❤️❤️

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! This was fun to do (and easy too, which is always a plus 😁) 🌈

That doesn’t look very easy to me @RGbrown  😅😅😅

@Saradestin 

This one falls under "looks more complicated than it really is"...it's literally just three straight lines with the brush, each a little shorter than the previous one to create the wave pattern. Super easy, I swear! ❣️

They are beautiful @RGbrown!  These colors are terrific w/w/o the silver.  Very creative mani!

Thank you @Cissy63! It was a fun set to make 🌈

Oh my gosh, @RGbrown, I LOVE that!!!!  

Thank you @CookieGirl1! ❣️

@RGbrown Those are so dope!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! ❣️

3 Replies