cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@eshoe, that Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Conditioner looks so interesting. I have a DS of the shampoo version and am kicking myself for not asking for a sample when I was in the store in Canada last month; will have to get a sample of it here.

@itsfi the shampoo is wonderful! I am kicking myself for not picking both up at Costco a couple months ago. Both are exceptional in my opinion. Not many shampoo/conditioner combos from the same brand work for me, but this is one. That must have been an interesting store to visit๐Ÿคฉ

I saw the Shu Uemura at the Sephora store @eshoe! It was a small section. There used to be a standalone Shu Uemura here in the city years ago. It was fabulous!! ๐Ÿ˜

I can imagine it was, @itsfi. Iโ€™ve been eyeing their coloring products for awhile. Would be fun to go one of their blue or violet shades๐Ÿฆ‹

@eshoe you are cleaning up with all these empties lately!

@missjeanie It feels SO good, my cabinet and drawers are quickly clearing out๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Such a great feeling eh?  Now to plan out what to fill them back up with @eshoe !

Iโ€™ve got carts full in so many places right now, @missjeanie . I just picked up one of the Rouge Rewards and bought my Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...

and DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retroโ„ข Whipped Moisturizer.  Running out of both at the same time is no fun, ๐Ÿ’— that reward! Looking at masks for the sale...and the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

I feel you @eshoe . I just ran out of protini but didnโ€™t want to re buy so close to the sale. I have carts full and am trying to talk myself down from a lot. Only one face and thereโ€™ll be another sale during the fall. 

I considered waiting for the sale, but since Iโ€™m 100% positive I wonโ€™t need to return these I figured they would be safe bets for the reward @missjeanie๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Would have been nice to use it for something fun, but at least I will use these!

Your logic is sound @eshoe . Theyโ€™re products you know youโ€™ll use, and are pricy when paired together for restocks. Great use of rewards to get exactly what you want! I love that we can grab these rewards now!

Me too @missjeanie

you do so good @eshoe just so satisfying ๐Ÿ˜‰

you do so good @eshoe just so satisfying ๐Ÿ˜‰

I managed to make it through 15 items this month, four of which are part of my 2019 pan! Iโ€™ve been putting in work with my makeup pans, but most of these are skincare and hair care items. These donโ€™t include foils or sheet masks, which I usually review up in the Mask of the Week Challenge thread.

Spoiler

Loves: Ahava Hand Cream - Aloe Vera. The smell is SO good and like all other Ahava products, absorbs quickly and does a good job. Too bad itโ€™s been discontinued.

OH Clean Truth Foaming Cleanser. A nice cleanser, and one of the few that Iโ€™ve used that doesnโ€™t make my skin feel super tight and dry after. Itโ€™s gentle and smells pleasantly of citrus.

SDJ Bum Bum Cream. Everyone is obsessed with this for good reason. Itโ€™s expensive but I keep coming back for the scent and how quickly it absorbs, which is perfect because Iโ€™m usually in a rush.

Little Green Body Lotion. I picked this up on a whim at winners. I love how quickly it absorbs and that the ingredients are clean. It also has a light fresh scent and is an excellent hydration.

Amorepacific moisture bound rejuvenating cream. I didnโ€™t want to love this because of the price. My skin felt INCREDIBLE. It was fresh, bright, hydrated and soothed. I have sensitive skin and this didnโ€™t cause irritation. Iโ€™ll have to wait for a sale or use a rouge reward to pick up a FS.

Dermalogica total eye repair. I got this in a kit and despite being 4ml, it lasted two months. I love how it has extra SPF, kept my undereye area hydrated, and was peach-toned, which helped correct some dark circles without makeup.

John Frieda sheer blonde color Renew conditioner. I use a lot of this type of product. While my favourite is stilll the Amika Cool Blonde line, the price point of this is much better and it did keep my hair bright and toned down grassiness. The scent was fresh too and my hair didnโ€™t feel dry after using (which I find sometimes with these types of products).

Likes: OH Truth Serum. I love the smelll and texture of this. It absorbed quickly into my skin. I think I saw some brightening too, and I used it every day. I have another vitamin C product that Iโ€™m trying to go through before I decide if I should repurchase.

OH C-Rush Brightening Creme. This smelled fresh and did an okay job of hydrating. It was just okay for me because it felt a little too lightweight. Normally that wouldnโ€™t be a dealbreaker for me, because my skin needs different things at different times, but I feel like you only get the benefits of the vitamin C with consistent use, and this wasnโ€™t enough for my skin consistently.

the body shop strawberry body butter. The texture was nice and it absorbed very quickly. The smell was almost like a strawberry yogurt, which I didnโ€™t mind. The scent lasted long on the skin too. I wish it was a tube though .

lโ€™occitaine almond cleansing shower oil. I only put this in here because the scent is AMAZING. Iโ€™ll be buying everything they make (other than this) in this scent. I didnโ€™t find this did a great job of cleansing. It made my skin very slippery and greasy in the shower, so I found myself using another body wash product after, which defeats the purpose.

lโ€™occitaine lavender hand creme. It did a fine job and I liked the scent. It was a little small (10ml), and I go through a lot of hand cream so the size was a bit annoying. It wasnโ€™t the most hydrating but I love the scent.

Never Agains: Tommy Hilfiger 3. The scent was okay, but I think Iโ€™ve matured since purchasing this, so it isnโ€™t something I would choose for myself now. I HATE dabbers though. I overapplied almost all the time. I know thatโ€™s not the perfumes fault, but I would never buy a dabber or roller ball if I could avoid it. I much prefer spray format, even travel sprays.

Tarte 4-in-1 mascara. I wanted to love this but it was so much work to get my lashes coated and thick as I wanted, which isnโ€™t a problem I have with my kush mascara or my BTS. My lashes did look nice but it was after 5-6 coats, which I donโ€™t feel like doing every morning. It also dried out so quickly! This may be because it was a 100pt Reward. Iโ€™ve redeemed a few 100pt rewards of mascaras to give them a try and every time they barely last a month because theyโ€™re so dried out.

dirty works coconut paradise body butter. This was a greasy mess that didnโ€™t absorb well, and didnโ€™t even do a great job at hydrating. I tried to use it as hand cream and that didnโ€™t work much better. The smell was like weird synthetic coconut plastic? I wouldnโ€™t recommend.

B2069609-DEC9-4A95-A611-D946F444C211.jpeg

Awesome, @cianni!

You're doing so great on your project pans @cianni !  

@missjeanie thank you!! All the threads have definitely kept me dedicated to using what I have!

good job girl @cianni your progress needs rewarded!!

good job girl @cianni your progress needs rewarded!!

Re: good job girl @cianni your progress needs rewarded!!

@lmaster LOL I have my eye on that new Fenty highlighter coming out Friday ๐Ÿ‘€ I need to swatch it in person first though in case itโ€™s a little too dark

I'm so going to get Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder Butter

In the shade lavender, I've heard good things about that shade ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster The lavender is for brightening right?

2 Replies
testing