Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Beauty Ice Breakers

BIC is the place to talk about beauty!  There are lots of fun threads, from mask to makeup (and even photo A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge ) challenges all the way to pet paradise.  In my early days, I kinda wanted to talk to everyone, but I didn't know what to talk about, I just knew I loved makeup and had found my people.

With threads like Monthly Favorites: December 2023 Edition! or Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!  , Beauty Pet Peeves 2 I feel the most comfortable when chiming in because I can talk about makeup.  I figured, hey, let's open up some discourse amongst ourselves; a thread with getting to know you questions could be kind of fun.  (And, I still get to talk about makeup.)

photo cred: HelloGigglesphoto cred: HelloGiggles

I'll post a question and a phrase with a blank and change it weekly? periodically. Answer one or both.

Re: Beauty Ice Breakers

@danielledanielle omg i love this! I wanna play.

When I put on mascara I always have to get every single little baby lash in each corner - tarte tartelette™ tubing mascara Black has a really good wand for this!

aaaaand

The most expensive item on my loves list is the Dr. Lara Devgan Scientific Beauty Vitamin C+B+E Ferulic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL! Someone recommended it to me awhile back, but I have yet to make the splurge...

Yay @AlexBT !  And you brought tubing tips!

@danielledanielle Not at Sephora, I don't think, but the most expensive item on my wishlist is the YSL custom lip color creator ($299) and all the cartridges ($89/set of three)! It looks like such a fun gadget, though.

149014E9-7B59-4AB8-BBDE-054E824CE4FD.jpeg

@txcatx me too! I am scared though. I bought the Go Play version and it is (was?) awful! The cartridges don't click out even amounts for the mixing recipe and then they broke and/or dried out. I mean this is YSL so I hope it would be better but now I am scared.

Wow, that looks like a great idea @txcatx!

This looks like it would be so much fun to play around with, @txcatx

Those always look so so cool @txcatx !!!! 

years ago I watched this vintage YouTube video of someone getting their personal face powder made  at a department store and I was always like, I wish we still did that ! 

Ohh, that's kind of cool though.  Very bespoke @txcatx , very be-spendy, too 🤣

When I put on mascara I always try not to poke myself in the eye

😂

Fun idea @danielledanielle 💡 🙂

@CynthieLu  You made me laugh 😂 

@CynthieLu, yeah I saw your beauty peeve, it always happens at the end.  Hope you've recovered.

@danielledanielle @The most expensive item in my loves list right now is the TOM FORD Lost Cherry Eau de Parfum Fragrance ! Though I decided I’m going to pick up the KAYALI Lovefest Burning Cherry | 48 Eau De Parfum Travel Spray .33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray one during the sale as it smells like a great dupe to me, though I’ve never actually owned the Tom Ford one - just something I lusted after. 

another fun question could be “what lipstick is always in your purse”. 

@Kim888 … lipstick… as in singular?? Lol I feel like I work between a dozen or three dozen at any time 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just for you @missjeanie , I'll pose the question as "lipstick(s)" 😂😉

@danielledanielle 😂😂😂

@Kim888 I may need to try the Kayali version. I once had a sample vial of the TF and I loved it so much. 

@Kim888, ooh ok, that will be next up.

I hear so much about both of those scents, but haven't smelled either.  How would you describe it (like fruity, floral, sweet?), Kind of curious.

@danielledanielle @It’s not really fruity or floral. I’m horrible at describing scents but feel it more falls into a spicy scent family. Like I would put it in the same category as some of the replica wintery ones like jazz club or fireside. If it was described as a sophisticated cherry cocktail, that would be the vibe. 

Oh that's a perfect description @Kim888 -- I can picture/smell that.

I'm not great with describing scents either, unless it is food like 😂

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • photo cred: HelloGiggles
  • 149014E9-7B59-4AB8-BBDE-054E824CE4FD.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221108-123507.png
  • IMG_20221017_132313184.jpg
  • AB187498-4683-44B7-ADEF-76AFAA7735B8.jpeg
  • CB5F2B93-6065-46F5-90CF-442EB1BE5790.jpeg
  • 66474782-8AC8-4807-A499-F4DCBA811CC5.jpeg
  • 151FCE85-7C26-42C7-A133-A488EF2322DE.jpeg