Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@teufel  Have you tried Dr. Bonner's Baby Soap Unscented?  It's incredibly gentle and fragrance free.  It comes in liquid - not sure about bar soap.  It is carried at any natural food type grocery store (Sprouts, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, etc.) and I've seen it in Target.  Sonia G uses it and has recommended it in her blog.  I understand that Beauty blender came out with an unscented or fragrance free version of their solid.  If they have a true fragrance free version, I'm personally going to give it a try.  I got the little holiday box one year and I had to return it - the bb smelled like the little soap solid.  Surprisingly, I found Better Life's Unscented Hand Soap is very gentle and effective on cleaning my brushes and beauty blender.  I was washing my hands and there was a dirty eye brush just sitting next to the sink waiting to be washed so I thought why not?  It did a great job.  After reading Sonia G's blog and also watching Michelle Wang's video I stopped soaking my brushes (none were hers, thank heavens - just older Sephora brushes that I do still have and use) and just wash them in the palm of my hand.  Anyway, may be worth looking into Dr. Bonner's if you haven't tried it and the unscented or fragrance free version of the beauty blender to avoid fragrance sensitivities.  i do agree with you comment for other poster that its best to avoiding drying agents such as alcohols so as to extend the life of the brush and keep the bristles soft.

RE: Love for Brushes

Beautylish has released the details on the 3-piece Wayne Goss Artist Collection Brush Set. Handles are maple wood. The large brush is grey squirrel and saikoho goat and smaller than the original brush by 0.65 inches in length. It is 0.30 inches longer than the 02 for reference. The other brushes are grey squirrel. Wayne did a reveal video on YT showcasing the brushes earlier today. Release date is 4/16 at 1:00 pm EST, I think if I am looking at the countdown clock correctly. Cost is $175. I am interested in opinions on the original Artist Brush if anyone would like to share.

@teufel Nice collection.

Those are beautiful and unique

Loook!!!!

@KNC24  -- Must resist the brush... LOL.  I've snapped up quite a few Sonia G brushes and must give my wallet a break.  They look gorgeous.

Thx @KNC24 . Signed up. Oh my wallet 😂🤣

Does anyone remember how much the artist brush was?

@teufel  $150

@KNC24, I bet this is the Artist Brush that had a limited release a few years ago. May be part of a collection...can't wait to see!

RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@TraceyEB I hope so. I didn’t get to tag Because I’m driving 😬😬😬. I signed up already

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@KNC24, signed up, too!

Re: Love for Brushes

Available now at Beautylish.I am back to work this week so I'm super tempted to order it.
Beautylish.png

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

It is now sold out on Beautylish. I read somewhere that it may be a permanent brush in the Chikuhodo collection so they will most likely restock it

Re: Love for Brushes

@Seymore3  that is a beauty.

Thanks for posting @Seymore3 Tagging @KNC24 and @blackkit...

Thanks for posting @Seymore3 Tagging @KNC24 and @blackkitty2014

Re: Thanks for posting @Seymore3 Tagging @KNC24 and @blackkit...

Thx you @Luvstravel and @Seymore3 😍 It’s a beautiful brush. Have a good Memorial Day weekend ❤️

For those who are interested, the Chikuhodo MK-UM brush with the plum design is available at Fude Beauty. Despite the pandemic and their estimated delivery time, I placed an order for some of the Chikuhodo FO series brushes and received them in 5 days. Great customer service.

Also if anyone decides to make a purchase from Fude Beauty, they emailyou a discount code for 10% off if you sign up for emails. Plus they are also doing a gift card event. Unfortunately shipping is $30 to the US unless you are spending $300 or more after discount.

They also have the MK-MO brush if anyone is looking for it

@teufel Gorgeous!

5 Replies
testing