Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@Samtian  I think it sold out pretty fast.  There will be a small restock in Feb so if you want it hopefully you'll be able to get it then. 🙂

Thx @veronika23. I missed both Sonia G eye set and WG holiday brushes. Ugh!

Oh no! Hopefully you can grab the restock in Feb. @blackkitty2014

There will be a small restock in late Feb 2019. ^^^

@AMK721 I love the SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO brushes! I have found they are amazing quality brushes and they are affordable. 

Best,

Rebecca 

@RebeccaBTI have several and love them.

TJ Maxx online has a bunch of Kevyn Aucoin brushes available right now! 

Love for Brushes

Wayne's 2018 Holiday Brush retails for $48. Beautylish is starting to process pre-orders; ships Dec 19.

@TraceyEB, thanks!!! I love WG so i will buy this even when i dont think the shape is that unique 😉

I agree with you, @blackkitty2014. I hope the uniqueness comes through in using it. Beautylish has processed my order, so awaiting the release date.

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2018 - launching on December 19 10am PST / 1pm EST at Beautylish

This year’s Holiday Brush is an ultra-soft, natural hair face brush that is designed for the perfect highlighting, contouring, bronzing and powder setting. It works with liquid, cream and powder products and is Wayne’s favorite face brush for its versatility.

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2018Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2018

Beautylish texted me last night and processed my order so...

Beautylish texted me last night and processed my order so it's ready to ship on Dec 19. My bit of feedback was for the brush to be released a few days earlier so its not right on the heels of Xmas.

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2018 - Coming soon at Beautylish - sign up to be notified

ei.jpg

Spoiler

https://www DOT beautylish DOT com/b/wayne-goss/the-holiday-brush-2018-coming-soon

Love for Brushes

Does anyone own brushes from a Smith brand?

I do @IndyQT317 and I really like them.  I have the following brushes: small quill crease, bronzer, eyeshadow finishing, foundation & small arrowhead.  If I had to pick one, it would be the eyeshadow finishing brush (the flat one) I use it to blend out the undereye area and find the size perfect.  It's super soft and easy to use.  I also like the quill crease brush and the bronzer brush although I use it for highlight.  I think they're all nice.  I do notice a bit of shedding on the bronzer brush when I wash it but nothing concerning.  I also use a drop of brush conditioner on the goat hair ones every 2nd of 3rd wash to keep them nice and soft!  I have not used the foundation brush and I find the arrowhead a little too soft/floppy for me.

Thank you @michelleshops. I’ve been interested in trying their crease brushes but I haven’t seen a restock in months. Maybe one day I‘ll just get lucky and run across it. 

RE: Love for Brushes

I got the Jaclyn hill brush set ... the first one but i think that there need to be some more face brushes with that set... any recommendations for reasonable good brushes

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@merryferry Brands that make good face brushes are Japonesque (Ulta has sells on the brand all the time) and Real Techniques that are on the more affordable side.

Does anyone use a cleansing oil for brushes?  I received a couple of DHC cleansing oils in some recent subscription boxes but I honestly never use cleansing oils so I was trying to think of a good way to repurpose them.  

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

That’s exactly what i do with unwanted face cleansers. I have used face oils for cleansing. Sometimes i use it as a double cleanse, a soap based cleanser first, then the oil.

@CookieGirl1 I used to use Dr. Bronner’s for my brushes but I’ve been using a bar cleanser lately. I’ve tried that DHC cleanser on my face, it’s good, not sure how it would be on brushes. I would check the ingredients first. I found a DIY with only natural ingredients mix to clean my brushes that included lemon juice. Wish I would have considered everything beforehand, it ruined many of my Chanel brushes that survived numerous Dr. Bronner’s cleanings! No more DIY’s😉

1 Reply
testing