Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

@Samtian, great look!

@Samtian, great look!

sultry is a beautiful palette @Samtian

sultry is a beautiful palette @Samtian

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Pretty @Samtian !!

Today I decided to play with my new Becca   Volcano goddess palatte.  I did a soft look using volcanic sand as a base than Haze and midnight sapphire. IMG_3902.JPG

BECCA - Volcano Goddess Eyeshadow Palette

@melissapurple great look 😍

@melissapurple great look 😍

Lovely @melissapurple22 ! I’ve been super curious about that palette !

I’m definitely in after the Palette-geddon this year and I definitely wasn’t lacking palettes before, either. Today I used MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow - TOPAZ FLASH  with some NARS Loaded Eyeshadow palette for blending. I just picked up and tried the MJ for the first time today because of @Luvstravel. It’s beautiful and the picture doesn’t do it justice to how multidimensional it is.

1A35BDF0-25A3-45C7-BB7A-FDDB9E2AF974.jpeg

@makeitup305 so beautiful love this look

@makeitup305 so beautiful love this look

Very pretty application @makeitup305, and I love the lip you paired with it! I also hear you on the struggle to capture the sparkle and dimension. I am going to search for some tips online for myself as I wanted to post a pic tonight, but the photo did absolutely nothing for how beautiful the colors are in person.

@eshoe The lip is BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Liquifiedllipstick in Chicory but blotted down. I think if you take a picture slightly out of focus, the reflects and glitters show up more but it’s hard if you’re trying to show your face as well hah

Ooooh so sparkly @makeitup305

@Kim888 it’s even prettier in person, it’s got pink and gold glitters in it, really hard to get in pictures.

@makeitup305, YAY! Glad you love it. It looks great. Goes on easy and stays on 🙂 I think I'm going to finish up my collection in these with Glam Noir ( the black with green flakes) That will give me a total of five only passing on Gleam Girl since it's so close to Topaz Flash. Here are my swatches if anyone was curious.

20181212_180820.jpg

@Luvstravel I’ve got a few shadows similar to this formula too, this brown is nice since it’s got the multicolor glitter. I chose Topaz Flash over Gleam Girl since I already Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Aurain Reflect plus several other champagne/gold glitter shadows. I hope he comes out with more shades. I would love a nice emerald green!

@makeitup305, I haven't tried Hourglass creme shadows but recently purchased Tom Ford in Sphinx creme shadow.  I haven't used it yet, will probably save it for summer, but swatched it and it was so pretty.

@Luvstravel the hourglass aren’t a cream. They feel similar to the MJ but the particles are smaller and it’s less opaque. I like the wash of shimmer on the lids for an almost “wet” look.

Thanks @makeitup305. I'm going to Dallas this week and will be stopping into the larger Sephora store, so I'll definitely swatch the Hourglass if they have it.

Your eyemake up looks great @makeitup305

Thank you @DaneeBT! I’m trying out the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundationttoo and am liking it so far. It’s a smidge too dark but hopefully it still works.

Day 1 is a drinks and dinner affair. I hadn’t used MAC matte Prussian in a loooooong time. Tonight confirms it’s time to drop it in the declutter box. It took several layers and VERY light-handed blending to keep Prussian from completely blending away. I used to wear this shade fairly often in the 90s and now I wonder how I ever made it cooperate. 😂 

Frosty lids courtesy of ColourPop Jelly Much in Hallucinogenius. I think this shade is from the reformulated lineup. Unlike Foxes (which I adore), Hallucinogenius contains fine glitter and has a weird chunky dry texture once it’s out of the jar. Can’t smear this stuff on the back of my hand as a palette because once it starts to dry (which happens fast), it’s hard to work with. I’m not super thrilled with it. 

My skin’s an unhappy camper, thanks to recent illness.My skin’s an unhappy camper, thanks to recent illness.

Inner corner is Mercury pigment from the Pat McGrath Dark Star 006 eye kit. I need to play with the whole kit soon. 

Beautiful!

12 Replies
testing