Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I had about 90 sec to do the skincare and any make-up before I head for work (I carpool) but I wasn’t gonna fail on first day of challenge 😄😄 so just dabbed ‘Sultary’ from softglam palettes on my lids with my fingers. At least it’s a start for me. First day of wearing any shadow at work. Hope it will only get better from here.

0DC20DFC-2CD4-46A6-AA66-AAF8FD36ABAB.jpeg

@naturalooks15 do you have any Colourpop super shock shadows? I find some of these the best for one shadow looks- either a glittery shade all over the lid for a "wet" look or a bronzey or taupe shade in matte or satin that you can just put all over the lid and blend out. Any singles work I just like CP since I can dab it with my finger and it doesn't need a palette.

No I haven’t tried those. Will give it a try after some time. thanks for the suggestion, seems like perfect for people like me.

you need a "grab bag" so you can do makeup in the car. as...

you need a "grab bag" so you can do makeup in the car. as long as you're not the one driving!😉@naturalooks15, I do the one shade bronzey all over the lid too.

Re: you need a "grab bag" so you can do makeup in the car. as...

Good idea, will try this.

very pretty @naturalooks15 ! It's definitely hard in the mornings - I rarely wear eyeshadow to work for that reason as well 

Okay I’m going to kick us off! I received the Tarte toasted palette for a grab bag I did. Total full disclosure I’m really not great at eyeshadow - I have so much because people always buy it for me but I hardly wear it. Hopefully this will be good practice haha 

Pretty plain for today. So from the Tarte Toasted Palette we have Shade 1-3 S’more, Sunrise and Sunset DB9EDDAF-DB92-49CC-A2EE-A70FAFF1FE88.jpeg

@Kim888 This is the perfect look for the spring/summer months. Super pretty!<33

@Kim888 it's fun to see another look with this palette! I bought it after falling for Crackle, love using it as a liner. Love this thread, thanks for starting it:)

@Kim888 it looks good! Keep at it!

pretty @Kim888

pretty @Kim888
Anonymous Insider

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

What a great idea! This would be a great motivation for me to use my new pallet. I've renew my interest in makeup and this is the perfect excuse to experiment with new looks.

@Kim888Yay!!! I'm so excited for this! Thank you so much for creating the thread!

I saw this thread scrolling down, immediately stopped, backed up & had to read.....@Kim888 great idea! So you could get away with 1 palette that you use to create a look? Or does it have to be one shade? I use (when I do my eyeshadow) about 3-4. So for myself, it might be a palette at a time 😁 it might take me this time next year to get 100 days in but I'm in!

thank you for all your input ladies @Kim888 @naturalooks1...

thank you for all your input ladies @Kim888 @naturalooks15 @snoflakefaerie I just recently posted a pic of my MJ collection of eyeshadow/liners (beauty collection thread) & if I counted right (not the singles) I have 28 of his eye palettes🙄😏😮 soooooo..... I probably have 100 palettes in my collection. I think I'm going to do a palette a day, even if I use 1 shade. that will get a lot of my palettes in use. I'll try to show a pic of the look but I do have to do some prepping in the car at times (hubby's driving, dont worry!) if not I'll post a pic of the palette & tell what I used. starting tomorrow!

I was going to count every shade @sonnydee I also use like 3ish for each look so most days id probably get through three haha . I want to use the shades in palettes I don’t use a lot so some days will definitely be from the same palette! 

@sonnydee My goal with this one is to learn eye makeup and use all the palettes I bought ,went from 0 to 4 this month. So as long as I am wearing shadow most days and rotating somewhat through palettes, I’d call that a win 😊

for me it’s more of a ‘100 days of eyeshadow’ because I don’t think I’d have 100 different shadows. 

@sonnydee I think it depends on what kind of collection you have and what works for you. This challenge is inspired by @Samtian's resolution to use every eyeshadow in their collection (!). My goal is to use a new palette every day until I rotate through my collection, rinse and repeat, so that's how I'll be participating in this challenge. I think there is a lot of room to see what works for you.

I'm so excited to see the looks and combos everyone comes up with (and to see palette collections as well).

Great thread idea! This will really be a challenge for me, but not because I own too much eyeshadow. (I don’t... at least, I don’t think I do.) I just don’t wear eyeshadow on a daily basis. I wear it maybe once a week nowadays, though recent Pat McGrath purchases have made me wanna wear it more often. 

This challenge should help nudge me to use every shadow I own. Even the Subculture palette I bought specifically to test for myself, because so many people complain about it—yet I still haven’t even cracked it open. I’ll either be surprisingly pleased or angrily frustrated. I guess we’ll find out in this thread! 😂

Woot, woot. I'm really excited about this. I'm on vacation and "only" brought 3 palettes with me, but I think I can start while I'm here.  Thanks for starting it @Kim888!

@snoflakefaerie 😂 Kinda like when I “only” bring 10 lipsticks with me... for a 5-day vacation... I like to have options! 😂 

Hope you’re enjoying your vacation! 

4 Replies
testing