Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Credit card charged and gift card balances depleted, but order did not go through! Please help :(

I just tried to place an order with the VIB 20% discount, but after I clicked "Place Order," I was redirected to some error page.

I checked my credit card account online, and I was charged.  In addition, the two gift cards I used both now have a zero balance.

Please help, I was so excited for this sale... 😞

Re: Credit card charged and gift card balances depleted, but order did not go through! Please help

Hi all, so sorry about that!  Our VIB sale has NEVER been as popular as occurred last night and the site had a few issues- your duplicate authorizations will drop off but if you have excessive amounts PLEASE contact us by phone and we'll be happy to submit the removal for them asap.

We can also replace the balances on your gift cards and assist with orders if needed. Thanks so much ! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Credit card charged and gift card balances depleted, but order did not go through! Please help

Same problem here. Credit card balance depleted, but order didn't go through!!!!   I am so worried!!!

Im now trying to call CS and the line is busy. 

I had to call a couple times to get through.  Now I'm on hold waiting for a representative...

Don't worry. The representative will help you reinstate the amount. They will also give you extra points reflective of how much you tried to spend but couldn't. If you tried to spend $300 but failed to, they will give you 300 points for all the hassle you had to go through. 

The representative I spoke with was very friendly & helpful, and restored my gift card balances.  However, the system would not let her apply those balances to my already-processing order, and she didn't offer me the points (maybe because I placed the order last night without my gift cards anyway).

I have the same problem! My credit card was authorized thrice but my order didnt go through. I'm crying

I still can't believe the website just ate my (large) gift card. The idea of that money just disappearing is very disturbing to say the least.  If the customer service team can't rectify the situation and get my money back they're going to be losing a longtime customer.  😞

Same problem here! 

I clicked on placed order with my gift card, and the order didnt go through and i got an error message. No order was processed and I right after I checked the balance on my gift card, and the amount was deducted from my gift card.

Sephora has to do something about the amount deducted from my gift card because the order did not go through!! 😞 

same thing happened to me it charged my account TWICE and two separate amounts because it depleted my gift card yet i got no confirmation nor did it show up as purchased , its still sitting in my basket.

which is irking me since I had planned on making a much larger purchase later on in the day and dont want to lose out on all the things on my list

Same problem here. Two of my gift cards were used, but the order didn't went through. Now the balance of the gift cards are gone. I can't believe this. Hope they fix this soon.

My card has been charged but my confirmation page never showed! I'm so nervous right now.

I want to make another order now so that I can get my 500 point reward. But I dunno.

I can't believe I stayed up to have this happen. But then again it's probably because everybody stayed up. But then again, the site should've been prepared.

I hope I get a confirmation email or sumthin soon. sigh

Kind of glad I couldn't even get that far because the site was so slow! But I am worried about items going out of stock! The Benefit Advent Calendar is suddenly not on the site (it was 4 hours ago), and the Anastasia Lavish palette was also removed some time yesterday. =( Both things I wanted.

My gift card balance has gone to zero as well. This is very upsetting!  I hope they will be able to help us...

Fingers crossed! 😕

I have the same problem. My credit card was authorized TWICE but my order didnt go through(error message). I called my CC company since sephora CS is closed at this time. They said sephora has to call to provide a code before the authorizations can be removed. 😕

I tried calling as well.  I guess we'll have to call in the morning...

I'm not too worried about the CC authorization.  My main concern is that my gift card balances are now zero!  I hope they'll be able to do something about that 😞

For now, I've just placed my order again, without the gift cards...  I was worried that some of the items would go out of stock before morning.  Hopefully Sephora can just deduct the amount of my gift cards from the order total.

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing