Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Comments Feature on Posts

I believe that I've seen someone post something about the "Comments" section on posts before, but I can't seem to locate an answer so forgive me if I am being redundant in my question / issue. I wish that Beauty Talk would add a feature so that when someone leaves a comment in the "Comments" section under a post that I've written that I would be notified either by PM or in some other way so that I can go back and review the comment. Right now there is no way of knowing if someone has left a comment without going back to each post I've written and looking to see if there is a comment listed. When writing many posts each day, it's impossible to have enough time to go back and check all of my posts to see if a comment has been left. I would like to know if a comment has been left so that whoever has left the comment doesn't think that I am ignoring them. I think it would be great if BT would add a "check box" such as the one that can be chosen to "e-mail with new posts". It could be an option that says something such as "e-mail with new comments". I'm sure that there are a lot of comments that I've missed because of not being notified that they've been posted. This is just a suggestion, but I feel like Beauty Talk should really consider adding this feature / option. Thanks for listening...:)

I might be reading your post wrong, so I sorry if this do...

I might be reading your post wrong, so I sorry if this doesn help...

Under 'My Settings' you can check a box to "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in."  I know for my posts I have recieved an email for each comment that is posted on it.

Also I'm noticing right now that to the right of the 'Post Answer' thing where you type your comment, there is a "Email me with new posts in this thread" box you can check off.  (It was already selected for me, perhaps because of the "automatically subscribe me..." thing?)

Re: I might be reading your post wrong, so I sorry if this do...

I am talking about getting a notification or PM letting me know when a comment has been made, but not necessarily when a post has been made--only comments. I guess what I'm trying to say is confusing and I don't really know how to describe it better in writing. If you get a notification that you received this comment #2, please PM me and let me know. Thanks for your help.

I received an email for both the PM and the comment (By comment do you mean like a reply to just my answer/post instead of a reply to the thread in general? I'm trying not to get confused!)

Actually, the box that you can check to be notified only notifies you of new posts in the subject, but not new comments, such as the one I am making right now. I am going to send you a PM so you can see what I'm talking about. If I'm wrong and you do receive a notice that I made this comment, please let me know. The notice for new posts doesn't include new comments and as far as I can tell there is no way to be notified of comments and not posts. I hope this makes sense. 🙂
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing