Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Ohhhh a few of these seem right up my alley! Thanks @Mochapj 🙂

Fall 2017 - August launch

Bella-Hadid-NARS-Fall-2017-Collection-3.jpg

nars-fall.jpg

DI shadow is Titania (metallic grey)

Kohliner : Sorento (rusty brown)

Blush: Blissful Blush (raspberry)

Wowwwww that berry blush! Does it have hints of teal or am I getting over excited again? It's so fall! And a new DI.... ugh, this will crush my low-buy 😍

That blush looks beautiful! 😮

Can't wait to see swatches of those shadows. Thanks @blushnglow 🙂

Nars is no longer cruelty free. 

Nars has announced its expanding to China and will begin supporting the practice of animal testing. This is very sad to me. Nars has always been my favorite brand, but I can no longer support them. I hope they will reconsider this decision, but money is always going to win. 

Anonymous Insider

I have no problem about your attitude on animal test, but as a scientist working in a relevant field, I have to say without animal test, the product is either “risky” or “too conservative”.(even the so called conservative ingredients used to be tested on human or animals in history”). It’s quite like you will never trust some medicine if it’s never approved by FDA which means it has been tested on animals and then human; it’s the same on skincare or makeup products. 

It's so sad, isn't it.  I mean, animal testing is horrid enough in the US, so can you imagine how much worse the animals will be treated by the Chinese government.  I'm in the process of finding dupes for my favorite NARS products.  If anyone finds anything, let me know.. concealers (HG), my unfiltered II palette (HG), sun wash bronzer in laguna (HG), and eyeshadows (not as important)

Ugh. So disappointing. 😞

OH no! 😭 Nars is my most loved brand and the biggest part of my collection. This is sad.

IMG_2877.PNG

NARS x Man Ray - Around Oct/Nov

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 11.18.09 AM.png

I am super excited about this!!!! ❤️

IMG_1712.GIF

From Temptalia

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 1.05.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-24 at 1.06.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-24 at 1.06.12 PM.png

@Mochapj

That is a lot of pretty identical shades,or is it just me?

I think a lot of them do look similar @greenchilli

I think it's like the audacious where they have multiple versions of the same shade with slight variances that are more flattering for certain skin tones.

i have a theory Nars just repackages shades in the various formulas they sell using different names 😉

@Mochapj

I think so too.

With the first release of the collection, I wish they had explored more variety in shades.  It isn't like the colour spectrum is that limited.

Perhaps as they expanded the range they could start introducing similar colours that were only slightly different.

I like 34 colours, but I would choose to gnaw my arm off than wear matte liquid lipsticks.  Maybe this formula won't make me stabby.  We'll see. 

Thanks @Mochapj. Don't know how I feel about get it on now... 😞  Get Up Stand Up is super pretty! @pixiedust2 @ZombieMetroAnt more swatches 😉

slow ride and wild night 😍 Love london calling too but it seems a bit patchy

More swatches from Temptalia, but looks like from the press kit:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 5.30.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 5.30.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 5.30.45 PM.png

Here's another set of swatches

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.22.18 PM.png

4,616 Replies
testing