Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Thanks! That's close enough for me, I don't use Parallel Universe enough to justify getting Lunar and Earthshine. 

Oh, that is close too!

I always take T's swatches with a grain of salt because the lighting is so over the top.  

I completely agree, especially her lip swatches. They're waaaaaay off from what the colours look like in reality.

swatches are up at Temptalia too

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 2.31.35 PM.png

Bubbly Michelle updated on the discontinued Audies:

Michiyo, Leslie, Jeanne, Deborah, Geraldine

Dang, 4 of those are faves of mine 😞

On Specktra, they're saying it's Marlene being pulled, not Deborah.

Good, this will keep me from swatching Geraldine every time I go to the store. I do not need another orange lipstick! But I am drawn like a moth to the (very orange) flame.

Deborah won't be discontinued - instead they are taking marlene - as per my AE and regional trainer

wait they are discontinuing Jeanne ?! NOOOO 😞

@michelle164 it is making an appearance in one of the upcoming Sarah moon sets for holiday, but is supposedly leaving the permanent line.

boo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From makeupandbeautyblog. She is wearing Parallax in the top pic.

Earthshine and Lunar look like the shades from the Parallel Universe duo which I already have, along with Stud and Outer Limits, so just Pygar and Parallax for me.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before but does Sephora have the names for some of these mixed up on the product page? I really love Lunar (as pictured above) but the description on the product page is that is a metallic, dove gray. I think they have it switched with Parallax. 

@JenniferOhJenny they do have them mixed up, with names and photos.

Parallax is the grey and Lunar is the purple.  I saw them in store today and can confirm those colors match those names.

Oh thanks @Mochapj! I wanted to make sure I order the right color if I order. I looked at your swatches but I'm wondering how sparkly they are? Are they more shimmery or more glittery (if that makes sense)? UD Moondust-esque? Also, did you like them or were they kind of meh? (Sorry for all the questions!)

No problem @JenniferOhJenny!

Some are more shimmery, and some are more glittery. 

Pygar for example is really metallic, but not glittery and is very smooth.

Earthshine had a lot of glitter that was quite chunky, but it was very opaque in the base pinky/peach shade. It reminds me of the texture and format of UD Moondusts.

Lunar is glittery, but less so than Earthshine.  It had a fairly opaque purple base that was smooth, with the addition of some small glitter.  It reminds me a lot of Stud in terms of the texture/wearability (the version that was released last holiday)  I didn't swatch the re-released Stud this morning to see if they were the same as what I already have, but it's kind of like a colored base with very tiny pinprick glitter that catches the light, not as over the top as the Moondusts.  

ETA: whoops, forgot to answer the last part.

I liked the look of Pygar a lot.  They didn't have the one I actually went in for (Parallax) so I ended up getting Pygar instead since it was more unique than anything I have.  Lunar and Earthshine were disappointing to me in that they are almost identical to a previously released duo from last summer (as discussed with KMariel above)  But the colors themselves were lovely.  The only one that worried me was Earthshine as it is pretty chunky.  

@Mochapj thanks so much for the information! I am all about those purply-pink eye shadows so I think I'll be splurging (with a gift card!) on Lunar.

@KMariel you have a good eye.

I left a comment for Karen about this and she said the purple is the same, but the base is different (CK is glitter, and Lunar is more like a pearl)

She did say Earthshine is more pink and the Parallel Universe shade was more peach, but I bet the difference is negligible.

Let's see if grandma can figure out how to post the swatches she took yesterday. 

image.jpeg

ETA: I did it!  Yay!  Colors are: Pygar, Parallax, Lunar, Earthshine, Outer Limits and Stud.  OL & Stud are the most chunky.

Thanks G-ma! 😄

Very happy with my choices!

You know me:

Thanks for the swatches. I think I want Pygar and Earthshine. So much sparkly goodness!

4,629 Replies
testing