Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Powermattes and Precision lip liners just dropped at Ulta 😄

IMG_3440.PNG

I haven't bought Nars lipsticks in a while. just got thes...

I haven't bought Nars lipsticks in a while. just got these three. Top to bottom: Shirley Kirat Louise The Audacious formula is definitely different now compared to the original release a few years ago. It is creamier, and not as drying. the finish is a tad glossier too.

Re: I haven't bought Nars lipsticks in a while. just got thes...

I demand some lip swatches 😉 @greenchilli

Re: I haven't bought Nars lipsticks in a while. just got thes...

@blackkitty2014

Tomorrow 🙂  

My Sephora had the new matte velvet foundation stick in store so I got one! I got it in Santa Fe and it is a touch lighter than the luminous weightless in Santa Fe.

It applies terribly with the sponge it comes with, however it applies well with a foundation brush.  The foundation is creamy, and not totally matte- I feel it still leaves a glow on my skin.  Oh and it's not drying at all!! I actually really like it so far, it makes my skin look soft and blurred 🙂

@sabrinas I definitely want to try that one. It swatched so nicely on my hand. Although the description of the product says you can apply with the Touch-up Blender, I didn't like the texture of the sponge. Have you tried it for touch ups yet?

@sabrinas

I am poor in tracking new products, glad I saw your post on the stick foundation.  I had forgotten about it.

This is a product I definitely want to try.  Glad it worked out.

RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

Any word on when the Fall 2017 collection will drop at Sephora? Dying for the new Audacious!

Re: RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

I think September 1st maybe? I know that's when the new NARS foundation stick is going to be sold in other retailers so it's worth a look then @kimmien

Just saw the new foundation sticks at my local Sephora.

@kimmien Doesn't Nordstrom have them now also? Pretty sure I saw them in my So.Cal store this week! I agree that the lip seems like a different formula and so excited! Louise is so pretty and creamier than past ones! Nice surprise. 

@kimmien My NARS counter said they're exclusive until September, but they're the only ones I've heard that from so I'm not 100% it's accurate.

So I picked up the NARS matte liquid lipstick.  It works exactly like it says it does, and it felt comfortable as well.

I hated it.  It is definitely me, not him it.

Matte liquid lipsticks are just not me.  I find the finish ages me.  I can do "matte" lipsticks in bullet form as they typically are more of a satin finish.

Here's the Bord De Plage in action. I have swatches at the end of the video and I compare Rivage in both this palette and the Banc De Sable. Hope it helps!

@jesscheems After you mentioned the Blanc de Sable to me in the highlight thread, I thought about getting it but the darkest shade was just too dark. This one is awesome though. I've had it for a few days and I'm loving it. I thought about your recommendation when I bought it.

@makeitup305 Oh sweet! Glad I could help 😃 I just LOVE the formula. Super nice to work with. I think it is currently one of my fave highlighter formulas! Glad they came out with this palette so you could just skip the Banc and get this instead!! 

RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

A few more swatches from Nars. I tried on Vibeke and Dayle and they both had too much white base for someone of my skintone but I think they would be lovely on paler folks. I don't have anything similar to Vibeke but Dayle was close to Bite Thistle but with more white showing through

Spoiler
LouiseLouiseLouiseKiratKiratKirat

Thanks, @Mochapj! Louise is really gorgeous -- would you say it pulls more warm or cool?

@Miradan I'd say it's warm. It's very similar to the shade Jeanne, only with a hint more brown to it.

Both of those shades look stunning on you @Mochapj! Very jewel tone 🙂

testing