Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

For the Cdns, the 6 new Audie's are up at the bay as well as the 10 shades that used to be boutique/barneys exclusives

The Fox Dancer mini multiples set is back in stock on the Nordstrom website! They are quite adorable minis, and I've had fun playing around with the set since I haven't tried them before. Here is Fox Dancer on eyes (with Surratt Amoureux), lips, and cheek (with Remember Me on apple of cheek and Hot Sand to highlight).image.jpeg

Eep, I have been trying to keep myself from buying the Fox Dancer set since I already have Orgasm. But they're so pretty! Thanks for demonstrating. 🙂

@playingdressuplooks really pretty.

@playingdressup Thank you for your pretty look! I'm so happy they are back in stock! That was pretty much the only thing that I had my eye on for the sale.

@jemly Thank you for your advice! I'll definitely have to check out those lip liners!! 

A few photos of Hydra and Blissful in action

Blissful most definitely has blue sparkle that is visible on the face. It's small and not chunky, but it's blue. On camera it comes off as white but believe me, it's BLUE.

for the second eye, I have Hydra on the middle of the lid, blended into Pasiphae.

BlissfulBlissful

HydraHydra

@mochapj I really like you in Hydra type of colours. I am...

@Mochapj I really like you in Hydra type of colours. I am living vicariously. ...

RE: @mochapj I really like you in Hydra type of colours. I am...

Thank you @greenchilli!!

Swatches of the powermatte lip pigments:Slow ride, American woman, London calling, save the queen, warm leatherette, under my thumb, starwomanSlow ride, American woman, London calling, save the queen, warm leatherette, under my thumb, starwoman

Slow ride, American woman, London calling, save the queen, warm leatherette, under my thumb, starwomanSlow ride, American woman, London calling, save the queen, warm leatherette, under my thumb, starwoman

I checked out the bronze and highlight palette at Nordstrom today and I think it's a great formula, the colors are so pretty. Its got none of the hard pan that i find apparent in the Unfiltered palettes. The high lights are a pretty, dense shimmer, and the bronzers are fairly warm. I like that half the shades would work for light or medium skin tones. 

Is it the Bord de Plage? I talked myself out of it since I have Banc de Sable, but part of me still wants it haha.

ever since they launched i've been yacking on about how i wished the NARS velvet lip glide range had more (any) brighter pinky shades. then it was revealed that ULTA had a NARSISSIST exclusive lip glide set. now--and this is nothing against those who love ULTA--i am not particularly an ULTA fan so that just shows how much i felt i needed these !

i just adore the lip glide formula. they still surprise me. so comfortable, and i find that throughout the day they leave the best blotted stained look.

this is nighttime lighting. if i notice a significant difference tomorrow with natural lighting i'll reshoot the swatches. this still gives ya an idea though !

limited edition lip glide setlimited edition lip glide set

packaging is really nothing special.packaging is really nothing special.

I saw these when @RGbrown posted a few days ago and was waffling on checking out, but your swatches absolutely convinced me. I love the lip glide formula too and these colors look great. Thanks for the swatches 🙂

I ordered this set too @jemly; @Anonymous and I are splitting it. I can do swatches of the three I keep. 🙂 They are beautiful! I'm excited for the pinks too. I really do enjoy the formula of these and my ones from the Sarah Moon set weren't getting much love because they are so... fall lip colors on me. 

Anonymous Insider

I can't wait! The colors will gorgeous on you. I'm excited for the red 😍

oh my! i saw it announced and really wanted it, but now seeing the swatches i definitely do!

do you think it is worth the price? it's $59 right?

@flyte -- even better ! $45

I get you about Ulta... but you're making me want this. What is your favorite shade from the set?

@blueviolet21 i'm not sure yet ! i imagine i'll be wearing them throughout the week and i will definitely report back.

@jemly Thank you for sharing these swatches! I really, really want to love this formula but the ones I have from the Mind Game set bleed like crazy (and I've never had any lip colors bleed on me before) and they transfer everywhere. I even tried blotting and loved the finish, but after drinking some water almost everything was wiped off my lips. I tried using a clear lip liner before applying, but there was still no difference. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I would really appreciate any application tips you might have!

Despite all this, I love the colors in this new set so I'll probably still pick it up (and that tells you how deep my problem is ;))

testing