Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

There is a thread dedicating to Audacious lipsticks http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

Liv is gorgeous.  I have it and love it.

Swatched and saw the NARS NARSISSIST L'AMOUR TOUJOURS EYESHADOW PALETTE today and omgggggggg! It was gorgeous and really surprised me. Interesting that Sephora is selling the palette in store but not online?

I haven't had the best luck with Nars eyeshadow palette. The first Narissist palette was very disappointing to me. I saw on YouTube that the new palette's formula is different, but I haven't seen able to swatch it. 

Does anyone have any opinions on the following products? I'm making a return at Nordstrom and might exchange some things for these, but some of them aren't in stock at my store and will need to be ordered—and therefore I don't know if the store still has testers for them. i've looked up swatches and reviews online, but you know I always trust BT opinions more.

BLUSH

Amour

Oasis

LIPSTICK

Morocco semimatte

EYESHADOW DUOS

All About Eve

Hula Hula

Kauai

Surabaya

EDITED TO ADD:

Here's what made the cut: 

Amour blush

Morocco lipstick

All About Eve, Hula Hula, and Kauai eyeshadow duos.

I really haven't gotten around to trying any of them (except popping on Morocco for a few minutes), but I'm looking forward to it.

Kauai is by far the most pigmented nars eyeshadow duo I know. 

I'm excited to try it!

Surabaya is a really muddy duo.

oasis i returned/gifted/got rid of somehow because it was too glittery.

kauai is gorgeous.

amour is just ok on me, but I think it would be gorgeous on you because you are lighter 😉

Thank you! Kauai is probably the one I'm most interested in, so I think it's on the definitely list now. I'm glad you mentioned the glitter in Oasis. I believe it was Temptalia that said the glitter didn't show up, but I don't want to chance it, and I believe it's OOS at my store so it probably won't have testers. Surabaya seems very dupable, and I guess I really don't need any more brown shadows.

I love Kauai.  Very pretty, rich and pigmented shades.  I can find it and post swatches if you want.

If you're able, that would be fab.

Some photos...

nk3.jpgnk2.jpgnk1.jpg

YES, PLEASE.

It's so pretty.

I did a video a while back too if you're interested:

Hey, is anyone planning on purchasing the Spring 2016 blush? I'm really interested in it but I'd love to see a swatch first, especially on mocha or other similar skin tones to mine.

I just ordered the new Velvet Matte Tint and Hamamet shadow duo this morning, so I'm excited for those to arrive. I have Kari and Tarvos on my list as well.

I am!  But makeupandbeautyblog (who is semi similar to us) has swatch and pictures wearing it.  

Its light, but pretty, IMO 

Hmm.. I'll wait for the mocha swatch 😛 I don't dislike her blog but I definitely prefer seeing things on people here in BT

That reminds me, mal - what color of Velvet Matte skin tint did you order?

I ordered Alaska because I've had good luck translating shades between different NARS formulas. St. Moritz is more of my summer color, but it's too dark for me at the moment. I think the lack of sun has turned me into a pasty-tan person haha.

I received my replacement Hot Sand multiple yesterday.

I'm happy to confirm that the one I originally had must've been a defective one.

I left the new one overnight to warm up first (just in case) and tried it this morning.  I applied it the same way I do all multiples (on tips of fingers, then onto face) and it was smooth, soft and luminescent.  So happy I decided to send it back for a replacement.  It's gaw-jus!

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to search through all the photos/posts.

Does anyone own the Nars Dual-Intensity eyeshadow palette?

http://www.sephora.com/narsissist-dual-intensity-eyeshadow-palette-P393660?skuId=1681758

I just discovered it now (idk how) and am so drawn to it! I'm wonderin about quality as I've never tried Nars eyeshadows. 

Thank you! 

Hey m, there's another thread where a couple people shared their experiences with the palette. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't offer an opinion but I have one DI shadow and it's very pretty! I like to use it when I want to add more shimmer to my eye look. 

Hopefully this will help for now, until others can offer their thoughts!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/NARSissist-Dual-Intensity-Eyeshadow-Palette/m-p/1840860/highlig...

Also, Temptalia has a pretty thorough review with swatches. And she liked it 🙂

testing