Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

I agree, it doesn't really conceal... because of its texture I cant really use it under my eyes either as it creases.

It's seriously unlike anything else. It's like... glossy. It doesn't ever appear to be on the skin, it like melts into it. All other concealers seem cakey on me after awhile, but not this one. Although I may have to carry it and do touch ups more often, I haven't really compared that aspect just yet. I'm very fair and the coverage is light, but blendable and does not seem too dark for me. 

My Glossier package is in the mailbox (locked) and my girlfriend, who has our mail key, will not be home until much later. TRAGIC. 

I ordered the skin tint & concealer to review on my blog

excited to hear what you think !

I'm nervous that the concealer will be too dark! You've tried the skin tint, yeah? 

I ordered Boy Brow in black which I immediately regretted when I realized how dark brown is.  But I got it and tried it and yikes!  Not a good look.  To be honest, I never use brow products anyway because I have thick, full brows and there doesn't seem to be much I can do with them, but I wanted to try the product since everyone raves about it!  I see why they like it, but its just not necessary for me.  

Though I do wonder if the black shade isn't for someone with actual black eyebrows, who is it for!!

Anyway, I LOVE the concealer and lipstick.  I got Like which is literally my exact lip shade just slightly amplified.  I can't wait to buy Crush and Jam.

Are you going to return or exchange it? I'd be interested on your feedback of the process if you do.

Not sure what I'm doing yet, but I'll make sure to keep you guys updated on the process if I do!

I have some comparison swatches if anyone is interested!  I wear the medium skin tint, but this time of year I am on the paler side, so I have been gravitating toward the light concealer.  

I am actually loving this concealer.  It has a unique consistency and looks very natural.  It just looks like I have naturally great skin!

Swatches from top to bottom are the concealer in medium, concealer in light, and the skin tint in medium swatched heavily.

image2 (2).JPG

Anonymous Insider

Whats the undertone of the Skin Tint? 🙂

I love the packaging of Glossier and the concept. Really into the priming moisturizer right now. I just ordered the stretch concealer, but am concerned about the color after reading the comments! (I'm very fair)

Cool thread and swatched, TKLJ!

On-lip swatches for @jemly.

IMG_8934.jpg

On left: normal makeup except concealer, brows, and lips.

On right: Stretch Concealer in Medium, Boy Brow in Blond, and Generation G in Jam (six layers).

I have hella dark circles, so you can see the concealer covers them some, but not totally. I haven't tried the concealer with a color corrector yet; I'm hoping to try that tomorrow.

Some more random stuff:

1. There's another promo code discount, since the other expired. Use P2SCHRISTINE through 3/31 for $5, and PM me for a referral link which will get you an additional 20% off.

2. I just ordered the lipstick in Crush and a Milky Jelly cleanser. I wasn't going to order the cleanser until I'd used up the one I'm currently using, but I wanted to get free shipping and take advantage of the $5 discount. Because I had $30 in store credit (thank you everyone who's used my referral link!), I only paid $1 for this order.

3. Some YT vids with the new products. They're promo vids, since Glossier paid with them to offer the $5 discount, but you can at least see the products in action.

I definitely want the Boy Brow and kind of want the lipstick. But which shade - Crush or Jam?

Boy Brow is going to be fantastic for you. I've thought about getting it, but I feel like you need to have natural full-ish brows, which I really do not. 

I'm definitely ordering Crush, so if you wait a little bit, I can do side-by-side swatches. 🙂

Sounds great; I'm in no hurry. Thanks!

also...i've been seeing a few recommendations of using the generation g as a light and natural cream blush, too (particularly crush and jam, really). 

rsz_img_2582.jpg

rsz_img_2583.jpg

Concealers for comparison: L to R - Glossier Light, Nars Chantilly, UD Fair Neutral. All different shades and textures. The Glossier is very balmy and peachy. 

Then Glossier Generation G matte lipstick in Like.

I'm so intrigued by the concealer in theory, but that shade doesn't look especially pale-friendly. Thanks for the swatches!

I'm really quite surprised at how peachy and dark the light concealer is. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png