Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

IMG_1808.png

@Mochapj, I wonder what the No 1 product is. I'm underwhelmed that this is the summer collection. While I applaud the colour creativity, I wish there was more to it.

@TraceyEB I like the eye sticks but I agree there doesn’t really seem like much of a unifying theme beyond ‘easy summer products’ by using lots of stick applications 🤷🏽‍♀️

@Mochapj the colors of the eye sticks look pretty!

Les Beiges Healthy Glow Primer in Frosty White is available at Macy's. I find it similar in effect to the La Base Illuminatrice Glowing Primer in the regular line.

1000016111.png

1000016110.png

My initial picks from Chanel's new releases: Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sun-Kissed Powders in Deep Mauve and Medium Rose Gold, Ombre Essentielle shadows in Jade Facetté and Rose Charnel, and Noir Allure mascara in Orange Bruni.

I am loving the Les Beiges Deep Mauve palette. The pigmentation level is extreme, so I apply the bronzer and highlighter shades together using a fluffy brush and a very light hand to reproduce the sunburnt colouring my skin gets in the summer. I can get away with adding the blush shade very lightly high on the cheekbones (see below). I could use the bronzer to add a slight cheek contour but very carefully and high on the cheekbone as the shade alone can look dirty against my light complexion. I like the Medium Rose Gold palette, too, though the effect is more subtle, giving hints of colour on the face. Swirling all the shades together gives too much of a golden tone on me, so I apply the shades individually. Both palettes will get lots of love from me!  Now to play with the eyeshadows. They were soft in appearance when swatching and Rose Charnel needed to be built up to capture the shade. The new mascara shade Orange Bruni is giving me Fall vibes. I plan to wear it on the lash tips over brown mascara.

1000016049.jpg

1000016051.jpg

1000015956.jpg

Wearing Les Beiges Sun-Kissed Powder in Deep MauveWearing Les Beiges Sun-Kissed Powder in Deep Mauve

Oh everything looks beautiful on you @TraceyEB . ❤️🌹 So tempting on Deep Mauve but I shouldn’t 

@blackkitty2014, thank you for the beautiful compliment! 😘

@TraceyEB Oh everything looks so beautiful on you!  Great choices. I ordered Light Coral but late in the game  and haven’t received it yet. What are you pairing Jade Facette with? 

@Winthrop44, I often pair it with a light brown eyeshadow (cool or warm) or my bronzer. My favourite pairings so far are Bobbi Brown's Taupe cream shadow stick, browns in Chanel's L'Eclat de Nuit and Clair Obscur, Charlotte Tilbury's cream eyeshadow in Jean (champagne), Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow in Shore (a cool beige), or the eyeshadow shades on the left side of Bobbi Brown's Camo palette or the highlighter in the center. I also like lining the eyes with Bobbi Brown's Forest cream eyeshadow stick. If I want to bring down the vibrancy, I'll apply it over Tom Ford's Fleur de Neige cream eyeshadow (works especially well with CT's Pop Shot in Emerald Eyes). 

How do you like the Les Beiges Sun-Kissed palette in Light Coral?

1000016265.jpg

1000016264.jpg

@TraceyEB  Wow!  Thanks for all those suggestions. I like Light Coral but I'm not sure how much it likes me. It's really too much fragrance for my rosacea. 😞

@Winthrop44, I'm so sorry to hear that the fragrance is irritating to your rosacea! These compacts are more fragrant than the Les Beiges XL bronzer and Healthy Glow powder that I have. I wonder if its in the blush and highlighter powders. Once, I was about to toss the boxes for my Chanel blushes but they collectively left the air so fragrant, I knew it would bother my spouse's allergies, so I packed them back up in their boxes.

These are beautiful products, @TraceyEB, and the Deep Mauve looks gorgeous on you!

@curlychiquita, thank you for the lovely compliment! I'm loving this release! 😘

Love the glow @TraceyEB ! Just perfect on you! The shadows look so fun! (I went so safely! 🤦🏻‍♀️) Enjoy your newness! 

@Sunnysmom, thanks for your kind words!! 😘 I'm loving these Sun-Kissed palettes. Have been experimenting with Deep Mauve using different brushes and seeing how the shades pull golden or red. You purchased an elegant shade in the single eyeshadows! My Chanel SA said Rose Charnel makes everyone look more awake. I'll take it! 😍 ☀️

Definitely like deep mauve on you @TraceyEB .

@Ispend2much6, so nice of you to say! I'm so pleasantly surprised that Deep Mauve works on my skintone!

@TraceyEB  Did you also wear a highlighter on your cheeks, or is that included in the Deep Mauve palette? 🙂

@Ispend2much6, it's all the Deep Mauve palette. I lightly tapped my brush into the bronzer and highlighter shade in equal proportions and applied it to my cheek. I may have added an extra tap of the highlighter on its own and brought it down towards the cheekbone. The powders in these palettes do have a glow to them that you can see when you build them up and when you buff them into the skin. It's subtle yet striking!

testing