Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Well @Winthrop44 I will say the Chanel smells like the other No 1 Camellia products and has that quite strong floral but pretty scent. If most Chanel is too much for you I don’t think you’d love this sadly. Very similar.( I think @blackkitty2014 would maybe agree. Will see what she says.) The WA has more of a citrus floral smell tho it’s def there as well. They’re prob equal in strength depending on if you can handle the citrus blend better. The WA is clearly more oily and luminous tho you don’t use all over so it’s very doable. The RMS has the most neutral scent. Gonna tag you on a post to Niki of some differences in a new pic. 🥰

@Sunnysmom thank you so much for this! It's really pink which is great for sallowness but you don't have that problem - the formula looks a little thick and I'm kinda confused by it? IDK may be lack of sleep talking here lol. Would love to hear more about the WA/RMS drops you got. I think I looked at the RMS drops and thought that they may be too dark I may have to go back and look. Thank you again for the pictures 💜! Maybe you can mix it into a foundation that isn't quite the right colour match to help????

I’m gonna add this new pic for you @niki172 if at all helpful. Tagging @Winthrop44 @niki172 @Titian06 @blackkitty2014 too. 

The WA is def more oily and luminous glow tho no sparkle at all. Easy to manage as it is a highlighter idea vs all over tho I think I will mix it and use it everywhere on dry days! The Chanel is thicker and slightly less than a flat matte and is a neutral pink almost peach. Blends into nothing on me however. The RMS is in-between in formula thickness , less than Chanel with more luminosity and is neutral but still light. I really do like it. ( I feel like RMS is underrated and I hope not leaving Sephora tho I see it’s marked down sadly. 😢) Chanel’s scent is the traditional Camellia No 1 scent and def there. WA is a citrusy floral and also noticeable and RMS is the most neutral of all. Barely smell it lightly. Chanel and WA are similar in scent strength I would say , just different. 

Hope this may help anybody! 🤗🥰

IMG_0269.jpegBlended outBlended out

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom ! 😘  The WA Peche is more my color although RMS is very pretty too.  Colors that are too pink emphasize the redness in my skin.  I have to be careful about scents since some trigger migraines. 😖  I remember trying something in the No. 1 line and I broke out.  Between the scent and breaking out, I just avoid that line altogether. 😄

I get it @Titian06 , scents can be the spoiler in so many products!! I have migraine triggers from so many fragrances it’s just sad. Tho helpful for the wallet! 😆 I don’t know about you but the citrus can balance the floral in a way that really helps me. Hope you can give the WA a sniff, they’re just so pretty. Can you smell it from here?! ☺️

Thank you so much @Sunnysmom  🤗 - wow I'm torn the RMS and the WA are really pretty!!! The WA looks a little more toned down - it seems like they are trying to market it as a all over subtle glow for the face or just highlight or am I reading that wrong??? I heard the new(er) RMS primer that comes in a long tube (?it's a cylinder IDK what to use here lol) is supposedly really good but I don't see it on Sephora's website either sadly.

@niki172 - The RMS serum is available at Credo. 🙂

I think the RMS is more subtle than the WA because it has less of the illumination @niki172  tho the WA can be toned down if used underneath stuff. I guess she’s saying to use it for any of your ideas- under, on it’s own, all over, or as a highlighter! Sheered out it’s just so lovely! The little bottle that could! ☺️ 

@Sunnysmom Thanks, huge help. 😘

It is pink yes @niki172 but also a little more neutral with some warmth to it? Agree on the slightly thicker formula too. Interesting. I did mix it too and I preferred that. I do think there are slightly better alternatives to it tho the addition of the skincare makes it a little different and the only reason I would consider it. Posting the WA and RMS today and I’ll tag you tho those are more of a luminous look and less like a true primer vs more of an added glow. The RMS isn’t too dark for you I don’t feel like and the WA would be gorgeous on you. They are both more of an oily feel and while they don’t dry down completely they are super comfy. I am even considering the WA soleil shade, it’s sooo pretty!! 

I ordered it @niki172 so I’ll let you know my thoughts. Agree on your thinking re Sheer Glow highlighter. This must be less shimmery/sparkly tho I love those too. Wear them a lot! I’m sorry you lost your local counters. Such a bummer. 

@niki172 - I saw on the 2023 new products release thread that Hourglass is releasing a skin tint.  I don't remember when, soon I would think.

Seems like so many are doing this right now @Titian06 @niki172 . I like the idea!

Coming this fall, I believe for holiday. 5 iconic Chanel emblems offered in 3 shades, Pearl white, precious coral and warm gold

IMG_7757.png

IMG_7758.png

IMG_7759.png

IMG_7760.png

Codes Couleur collection now available on Chanel Canada's website under Makeup - Exclusives. All shades available in the brush set.

June 30 update: Available now on Chanel US direct.

Codes Couleur launching soon on Chanel US direct. Details below on the glass nail file, double sided mirror (regular + magnifying mirrors), and brush set with leather case, all in 9 code colourways.

Screenshot_20230630-020912.png

Screenshot_20230630-020957.png

Screenshot_20230630-020750.png

Screenshot_20230630-020728.png

Screenshot_20230630-020419.png

Screenshot_20230630-020544.png

FYI - if you were thinking about picking something from this line up some of the colors from across the collection (the picking and choosing of what is still available/vs what has gone OOS is interesting) have sold out. Just fyi - not trying to press someone into picking something up I just know that FOMO is real.

This is a pass for me...though I wouldn't mind getting the mirror.  Love the orange and red colors. 🧡❤🧡❤

We’re so strong @Titian06 ! 💪 😂💞

I'm with you holding out for the fall collection, @Sunnysmom .  Stay strong! 💪💖

We got this @Titian06 ! 🤗

testing