Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Mochapj, they look lovely on you! I'm pleasantly surprised by how pigmented they are.

@Mochapj   I love the finish on those!  Is the pigment in an oil or a clear serum? 

@heartsmyface itโ€™s a clear watery serum.

Iโ€™m not sure if youโ€™ve tried their original Eau de Tint (foundation? Tinted moisturizer? Iโ€™m not really sure how they originally categorized it)  but itโ€™s the same sort of formula as that where it has microspheres of pigment suspended in a watery gel. 

Both colors look lovely on you, @Mochapj ! ๐Ÿ˜  Thank you for the swatches and pics! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

I love those on you @Mochapj . Are you liking the formula and shades?

Thanks @Sunnysmom 

I like the shades I picked although I am more partial to the Deep Bronze out of the 2.

The formula feels exactly like the Eau de Tint (tinted moisturizer? water foundation?) that came out a few years ago, which I love. The one difference I noticed was that where Eau de Tint leaves a somewhat dewy feel on the skin that takes a while to dry down, I don't feel that nearly as much with the blush. Maybe that's just because I'm not smearing the blush all over my entire face, I'm not sure LOL but it didn't leave as much of a 'wet' sensation.

I was really quite surprised by how deep both of these shades are; I know they have deep in the name but Chanel deep and most other brands deep is usually quite different so it was a pleasant surprise to get something with decent deep colour ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh good to know thanks @Mochapj .๐Ÿฅฐ I love both on you. They are quite dark for sure yet have that pretty bit of color to em. Love! They do still look dewy on you, prob with your pretty skin. ๐Ÿ˜Š Glad they feel same as other tint. I love those too! 

@lovelykatya I was just looking at a few ingredient lists on the UK Chanel site. The good (and bad) news for me is that the new Water-Fresh Complexion Touch doesn't contain bitter orange after all, or fragrance (yay!), but does have propanediol which also usually flares my rosacea eventually. Since it's a small amount of propanediol I am still going to try it. I'm pretty sure I could get away with it at least for occasional use over a layer of sunscreen.

Water-Fresh Complexion Touch:

AQUA (WATER) | CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE | HEXYL LAURATE | GLYCERIN | BUTYLENE GLYCOL | DIGLYCERIN | JASMINUM GRANDIFLORUM (JASMINE) STEM EXTRACT | CASTOR OIL/IPDI COPOLYMER | AMODIMETHICONE | PENTYLENE GLYCOL | CHLORPHENESIN | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | CARBOMER | ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE | POLYGLYCERIN-3 | SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE | TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE | SODIUM HYALURONATE | PROPANEDIOL | TAMARINDUS INDICA SEED GUM | SODIUM HYDROXIDE | LYSINE | MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE | ALCALIGENES POLYSACCHARIDES | GLUCOSE | CITRIC ACID | [+ / - (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL65A-I

Second, unless the UK and US have had different formulas all along, the original Water-Fresh Tint formula has been tweaked. They made a number of changes, including removing BHT and EDTA.  I'm guessing that the formula change is why Water-Fresh Tint is OOS everywhere...they're just selling thru the old formula. Maybe they will relaunch the new Water-Fresh Tint with the Water-Fresh Complexion Touch, or maybe the new Water-Fresh Tint will be OOS for a bit longer due to supply chain issues, but I don't think you need to worry about it being discontinued.

Old Water-Fresh Tint (per Ulta):

Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Peg-75, Pentylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Amodimethicone, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Parfum (Fragrance), Lysine, Magnesium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Bht, [+ / - (May Contain), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica], IL27A-I.

New Water-Fresh Tint:

AQUA (WATER) | HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE | GLYCERIN | METHYL GLUCETH-20 | PENTYLENE GLYCOL | DIGLYCERIN | OCTYLDODECANOL | CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT | CHLORPHENESIN | BUTYLENE GLYCOL | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | CARBOMER | POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID | DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE | POLYGLYCERIN-3 | TAMARINDUS INDICA SEED GUM | TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE | ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE | PROPYLENE CARBONATE | AMODIMETHICONE | SODIUM HYDROXIDE | SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE | ALCALIGENES POLYSACCHARIDES | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | LYSINE | GLUCOSE | MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE | [+ / - (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL60B-I

@Winthrop44 Iโ€™m not sure if anybody has discussed this yet, but the new version is not actually a tint, itโ€™s been marketed as having five times the pigmentation of the original

@Mochapj Yep, I thought I heard 3x, but then again I heard it had bitter orange extract too. In any case supposedly the reason it comes with the smaller brush and is a lesser volume is that it can be used more like a concealer. I guess that's to encourage us to buy both the Water-Fresh Complexion Touch and Water-Fresh Tint! lol

Any feedback on the Water tint blushes? They are now up online at Shoppers and was considering it with the bonus redemption ๐Ÿ™‚

@ChristalM all the feedback I've seen was from when these launched in Asia last year. I haven't seen many North American reviews since they've only just launched here and there this month. 

I went looking for them yesterday at my local beauty boutique but they didn't have them in store yet even though they're online.  One thing I did note is that the North American release has 2 additional shades that Asia didn't receive (Deep Apricot and Deep Bronze) 

All the feedback I saw when they launched last year in Asia was fairly positive. They were described as pretty subtle and the Intense Coral shade seemed to be the fan favourite of the 4 that launched (and also seemed the deepest shade offered at the time)

@Mochapj Thank you so much!

I can't seem to find much when I dig so I think I will just jump in and get one. I did notice we seemed to have more shades than I noticed in the original release.

This is the Light Pink Water fresh blush on me. I was scared it might be a little pale for me but I think it is perfect. Beautiful product. Nice and glowy!

chanel blush.HDR.jpg

@ChristalM ,

I just want to chime in and say, "Beautiful!"  Your photo should be used to sell this! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@tsavorite Oh my gosh you are too kind! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

This is so lovely ๐Ÿฅฐ  @ChristalM . Iโ€™m about to skip this nut now Iโ€™m reconsidering ๐ŸŒน

@blackkitty2014 Oh you really should consider it. It is beautiful!

Thx you @ChristalM . I will get 1 or 2 shades. Debating which one though ๐Ÿฅฐ

@ChristalM, this shade looks beautiful on you!

@TraceyEB ah thanks so much!

2 Replies
testing