Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Thanks I think @blackkitty2014 ! Oh brother. 

Erin Nicole TV has a notification link for the Chanel Factory 5 collection on her YT channel (under the community tab).

WWD: Chanel Launching Limited-Edition ‘Factory 5’ Collection

The 17-unit line with quirky packaging is part of the house’s centenary celebration this year.

NO.5 FACTORY: To help celebrate the centennial of Chanel No.5 this year, the house is releasing a new line called the Factory 5 Collection. It will include 17 limited-edition beauty products that are inspired by everyday objects.

Bath tablets come in a tea tin, shower gel in a paint tin, body cream in a tube, bath lotion in a squeeze bottle and body oil in an oil tin, for instance.

According to Chanel, the collection is meant to serve as “a reminder that wearing No.5 transforms the ordinary.”

“There can be as much value in products that we use regularly as in products that we use for very special occasions,” Thomas du Pré de Saint Maur, Chanel’s head of global creative resources fragrance and beauty, said in a statement. “It’s all about the experience these products give you.”

It is also about going back to Gabrielle Chanel’s desire to break codes — in fashion and as in beauty. The first No.5 bottle was in a laboratory bottle, after all.

“By taking popular consumer items out of their context and dressing them up in the aesthetics of No.5, we return to Chanel’s first creative gesture: that of transforming a functional object into a desirable luxury item,” du Pré de Saint Maur continued. “That’s what Chanel Factory 5 is all about: offering the experience of luxury in everyday life.”

The line will be launched starting June 29 in pop-ups in big cities worldwide. They’ll have Chanel’s black-and-white color code and a splash of Pop Art colors, too.

In each factory setting, people can experience various demonstrations at workstations. A digital iteration of the pop-ups will be available, as well.

2F32913B-66F7-4417-9655-40D56ECC4797.jpeg

A053078C-511E-497E-925F-87582DD4BBE4.jpeg

@SportyGirly125, thanks for posting photos of this launch! Exciting!

@TraceyEB I have seen so much about the bath line in Instagram and it looks amazing. I can't fathom why I want the line especially since I don't care for the #5 fragrance! HAHA

That’s really funny @ChristalM , I thought same thing when I saw pictures ! 😂 It’s not my favorite either vs Beige or others but it brings back sweet memories for me too @TraceyEB. My dad used to give my mom and myself a bottle at Christmas. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! 🤗 

@ChristalM, that's funny! I'll go check IG out. I can't wear scented products due to my spouse's allergies though I can get away with bath products. For me, it's more nostalgic as my father used to give my mother a bottle of Chanel No5. Back then, it was a big thing to own one expensive perfume, and it had a prominent place on her dresser.

@TraceyEB @Sunnysmom Maybe that is it! It was my Mothers fragrance as well! I do love good bath products so I can see myself splurging on these.

I guess I missed out on the bath tablets already? It went up on the Chanel Canada site and they seem to already be sold out 😞

@ChristalM, how neat that your mom's perfume was also Chanel No 5!!

I know @ChristalM @TraceyEB , nostalgia plays a huge part in perfumes I think! And sometimes I also think bath products can seem different/ better. We’ll see! 

Another look at the items in the fall collection 

24E50D20-400F-4BC6-B05C-3D101F427D03.jpeg

Discovered some new fall pics. She mentions limited edition blush, 4 new liquid shadows and stylo Ombre , plus new lips coming for August apparently. @blackkitty2014 @niki172 @itsfi @Winthrop44 @curlychiquita @TraceyEB 

BC602AC8-2E08-4294-A2A3-EC5BA06F2BEB.jpeg1C4D625C-52C0-4996-A6C3-D83053A182C2.jpegE1F046E3-521B-4848-999A-4D610D17B95A.jpeg

The matte polishes seem like they have been done before...hoping more metallics/shimmers magically appear!

@Sunnysmom, thanks for the tag. I'm most interested in the Stylos. I'm not sure the blush shade would show up on me.

The new shades in Stylos and liners are what interest me the most too @TraceyEB . The blush shade looks soft and pretty but it does seem sheer. 

Thx you @Sunnysmom . Not sure if I want the liquid eyeshadow. I’m sure they’re pretty but I’m not that skilled 😘

Neither am I @blackkitty2014 ! It’s probably one we can try and live without if so! Phew. 🙂 

Don’t temp me @Sunnysmom 😂🤣 I can use that money for the pencils. I NEED couple 🤪

😂 yes do that @blackkitty2014 , I love the skinny and stylo pencils! 

testing