Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Thanks @Sunnysmom I'll have to think about it, but I do think I'm going to pick up that lipstick you bought (thanks for the nudge ha ha). I was hoping it would be pretty shimmery, but sophisticated if that makes sense :P.

@niki172 I do think it is. It’s super pretty. Just posted it on my hand a minute ago. I look more tan than I really am , sorry if distorted. Trying to get it to show. Warm shade second down is more sheer so tougher to see but so good on. Take a look. You would like it I’m certain. Good shades to play with. I’m usually not a sparkle girl vs liking shimmer more but this seems to be a perfect mix of the 2 I think. Very subtle but wearable yet you can glam it up with the white or the new top coats I bet!

2F563350-C900-480A-88F7-0119D7FA5B65.jpeg

Thanks @Sunnysmom I'm super pale so this may be perfect! I'm definitely picking up that white shade as well. My list just keeps on growing. Lord help me when the holiday collections start coming out :D.

Oh yes it so will @niki172 I’m excited for you! My face is light tho my hands aren’t. Lovely. Lol. Can’t wait to hear. Omg no no no!! I don’t even like spring shades and I’ve bought too much. I’m doomed for F/W!!! 

@Sunnysmom, Great pics and fabulous swatches! The purple gloss looks much more wearable than in the photo posted below. I love the lipstick shade, of course! Your comment, "And dark moody lip perfect for a sunny summer day!" made me laugh as I think I experienced the hottest day of the year so far here.  I'm really interested to see how the Paillete rates. From what I read, it's like a highlighting gel for face and decolletage. I do wish the collection was released closer to Fall so we can enjoy Chanel's summer releases.

Ha yes I hear you @TraceyEB can’t we just enjoy our summer goodies first! Craziness. Holiday will be out next! Lol. I’m sorry it’s so hot. Not my favorite thing at all :(. I want to see highlighter gel too. Not gonna buy sight unseen I don’t think. Will see. 🙄 I was a bit worried about the gloss at first too but I do think it’ll be good to change colors of other lipsticks. I’m seldom a gloss person but a few I do. 

@Sunnysmom   Thanks for sharing!  If those lippies would look on my lips the way they look on your arm, I would like them.  But, they probably wouldn't.  I wonder if the red would turn pinkish on me; but, then the dark gloss would fix that.

Are the shadows smooth?

The shadows are smooth ish @Ispend2much6. Not as much as recent quads I don’t feel bec they are more shimmer than these which are a little bit harder w small metallic and sparkle. But easy to apply still. And the lip is still red. It does have other tone in it but it’s muted dark matte red. :). 

@Sunnysmom   Thanks for mentioning the metallic pieces.  I don't like pieces of metallic, I like shimmer. 

And it does have some shimmer still in w sparkle , good balance. I was comparing to other quads w more shimmer if that makes sense @Ispend2much6. Here’s a fast one of my wrinkled hand! Looks like I’m 100, I’m not lol. ( Not that there’s anything wrong with that!! ) It’s tough to see second one down I realize. That’s the warmer grey tone upper left in quad. Looks almost like a khaki grey but very pretty. Just more sheer. Top to bottom is white, warmer grey, dark grey matte then true medium grey.

88D843A6-DE14-46A9-999E-5841FFB18A7A.jpeg

@Ispend2much6 I kind of corrected that. Not metallic. Super tiny bits of sparkle I would say. Looks fresh pretty on. 🙂 You won’t think too much I don’t think. I put it on back of my hand to see better. I can try and post later if u want to see it that way if it shows up better also. 

@Sunnysmom   Thanks!  Don't worry about posting it again.  I think I like it. 🙂

Yeah @Ispend2much6 I do kind of feel like you would like this lipstick. It’s good. It’s got some mauvey nude plum or something to the red if that makes sense. What would you call this shade 🤔. Obscur is right! Try it! I’ll see how it turns out on me after wearing a bit tho I know our lips very different. 

@Sunnysmom, it sound wonderful!  I'm watching Michele Kwan's video about her fall collection items as I type. I think I'm actually going to hold off to buy two colors of the Bond No. 9 NY lipsticks. I'd like a nude and a red, although one can be in the case and the other as a refill.  I'd buy now during the Saks beauty event but with what I have in my cart, I'm $60 short of the $250 limit, and I still want to see if there is anything I want as part of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.

Oh fun @curlychiquita can’t wait to see what you get! What shades?! They are sooo good I think and the case! It’s so luxe . 🙂 I’m trying to ignore the Saks thing but it’s so practical. lol. I didn’t know Michelle had one up thank you I’m going to watch. I love watching her, soothes me and fun to watch her apply stuff. It’s the simple things 😊.  

@Sunnysmom, I ended up not getting anything from the Nordstrom sale, so I just ordered my Bond No. 9 NY lipsticks from Bloomingdale's during their reward event (spend $150 in cosmetics, get a $25 rewards card). I ordered Central Park in the case and Chelsea in the refill, so I spent exactly $150 😁 I'll post pics when I get them and will tag you.

Sounds great thank you @curlychiquita ! Will be fun to see yours. You know what , I forgot Bloomies has these! So smart of you.  I’ll have to do with some upcoming promo! I want Astor Place, such a gorgeous intense pink. I wear Broadway and Fashion Ave all the time. I love these so much! 

@Sunnysmom Glad to hear you’re liking it. Nothing for me yet; the collection doesn’t launch in Canada until sometime in August ☹️

I’ll just be over here twiddling my thumbs in the meantime 🤣

You have some company, @Mochapj. Between Lisa Eldridge releases, Lady Gaga's new line (not even sure what to expect), the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (even if just a few things), and whatever Charlotte Tilbury is releasing tomorrow, July is looking to be a spendy month.

Wow I’m sorry for errors in my posts you guys I don’t know what’s going on or who has taken over my phone 😳. Gone awry. 

@Mochapj I’m sorry, I thought yours were released same timing or you got em through US. Your comment made me giggle a lot tho. Because umm u have no other makeup to play with. lol lol. Like too many of us! 🤣

Chanel Updates

New Chanel lipstick line - Matte Allure Ink Fusion.

5 Replies
testing