Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Has anyone seen the re-release of Le Vernis 'Rouge Noir' available anywhere yet? I can't seem to find it and it's a priority on my list!

I'm not sure Nordstrom will be getting it. It looks like they have Vamp listed under the holiday collection instead of Rouge Noir 😞 Let me know if you find it anywhere though!

Von Maur has it! If you don't have one near you I'd be more than happy to PM you a ph# and the name of a great SA.

I have no idea what that is, but I would appreciate a PM of the info in case I decide to go that route. I'm hoping it will show up at Nordstrom, but I don't even know when it is supposed to be released!

As far as I know US isn't getting Rouge Noir NP instead Vamp 18 from perm lineup will take its place!!

Anyone have items from the Noir collection?  Thoughts on any must haves?

I think the rouge noir eyeshadow is a must.  I was sorely tempted by the deep red/black gloss and the rouge noir eye pencil and all the polishes but limited myself to the eyeshadow. Here it is from last night with flash. It does not look at all purple on me irl though, just in the picture.  It's lovely and effortless smoky eye, this is why I got it.  

image.jpeg

Missed this!  Just saw it and love it.  Really lovely.  Thank you!!!

I got the Coups De Minuit highlighter and illusion d'ombre. I haven't tried the highlighter on my face yet, but it swatches very nicely, it feels very silky. The color it gives is a soft pinkish highlight on my skin tone. I believe it will give a subtle glow that is much more sheen than shimmer or glitter. Im a fan of soft highlighters since I've got some rough skin texture.

The illusion d'ombre is such a lovely color. And it feels extra soft in the pot. Maybe it has just been a while since I've had a brand new one, but I think it feels smoother than previous ones. With the first swatch, it produces a nice dusty eggplant color, it layers nicely for more intense purple/burgundy color. I don't have anything quite like it.. IMG_2471.jpgThe row of swatches is (L-R) Urban Decay Rockstar, Tom Ford Enchanted dark color, Kiko Metallic Shine Eyeshadow in Strong Chocolate, Maybelline Pomegranate Punk, Chanel Elcosion dark color, one swatch of Rouge Noir, three layers of Rouge noirIMG_2461.jpg

This is one layer vs three layersIMG_2464.jpg

Haven't quite figured out how to photograph highlighters!!! There is a finger swatch and brush swatch between the black lines.

IMG_2458.jpgIMG_2462.jpg

Thanks so much for all of those swatches. I really want that eye color. 

Its really pretty! I think I need the lipstick to go with it!

We should share makeup...

Gorgeous!  Tempting!  I might get the eye color (and that highlighter is so lovely).

Thanks!

I got both the nail colors yesterday - Vamp and Rose Fusion. I very rarely even paint my nails, but these colors were so pretty and I loved how they looked on Karen from MBB and Temptalia. I did swatch the Rouge Noir lipstick and the eyeliner - both of which left me mostly underwhelmed. I will check out the lipstick sometime again next month.

But actually, Chanel has released an interim collection called Rouge Allure. The lipsticks are very very pretty! 

I'll check out the lipsticks!  Thanks!

I placed an order from Von Maur for the illusions de ombres, the eyeliner in Rouge Noir, and one of the new glossimiers - the rose colored one. I won't get my order until the first week of Nov since they are having a GWP and a Chanel raffle so I had the SA hold my order. The eyeliner looks like a burgundy/black - I'm excited to try it out. The gloss is very girly - pink with sparkles; a good topper for the holidays. They hadn't got the eyeshadow quad in yet so I don't know what that looks like in person.

Niki, do you know if the gwp will be online, or is it in store only?

It's in store only (I think) and its a Von Maur tote, but usually they throw in some pretty decent Chanel samples wrapped up in a nice little sheer material bag tied with a Chanel ribbon. The raffle is in store and I'm not sure what the prizes are - I was just told a raffle and since I never win I didn't ask. They don't sell Chanel on their website - you have to call a store to place an order if you're not near one. Free FedEx shipping and gift wrap though!

Thx Niki! 

Thanks for the thoughts!  The eyeliner looks gorgeous.  Darker than the illusions de ombres?  I so don't need more makeup but this collection is so tempting!

depending on how light you apply eyeliner (obviously don't gouge the eye area) I'd say it's darker.

testing