Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Thanks!  These are lovely...

I just got some pieces last night. On first swatch, the highlighter is decently pigmented with a pinky, cool undertone. I love all of their illusion de ombres and this one in Rouge Noir is no exception. It's a pigmented purple that's beautiful for the vampy look. I got a few nail polishes but only cause I needed a staple dark polish. But they're nothing to right home about. Let me know if you want some swatches. ☺️

I'm considering the illusion de ombres.  If you get a chance I would LOVE to see swatches!  Thanks!

Sneak Peek of Chanel Spring/Summer 2016 lipsticks and blush. 

From twi_tkmk on Instagram:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 12.19.59 PM.png

From sweet_editors on Instagram:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 12.19.34 PM.png

That blush!

I want them all! Especially the blush/highlighter(?) palette!

Eeek!  I did a quick check on Chanel's site, and there are some new goodies listed:

Infiniment Highlighting Powder- $65

chanelpowder.jpg

Chanel Joues Contraste Golden Sun Blush- $45

chanelgoldensunblush.jpg

Joues Contraste Blush Vibration- $45chanelvibrationblush.jpg

I bought Golden Sun a couple weeks ago, and it is amazing. I don't have a swatch of it, but I'm wearing it here:  

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/2224413#M156616

It looks so good on you! I wanted this but was hesitant as I can't see it in store and would have to order it. I have super similar colouring. I may have to get this now!

Just checked it out, it looks so pretty on you! It ended up being really light for me, but I layer it over Vibration (a trick the SA taught me) and I like the effect!

Thanks, PavYellow! I like the idea of layering it over Vibration. I imagine Vibration give a lovely pop, and Golden Sun tones it down a notch. 

Pav I remember you mentioning the infiniment powder..how do you use it..I'm medium tan and not sure if it would worth picking up 

Hey Anewxa! I really like it - I use either the Real Techniques multi task brush or the Sephora Pro Airbrush blah blah brush, and dust it all over my face especially on my cheekbones and forehead - It adds a subtle glow and to my eyes smoothens my skin out, I think it works as a true finishing powder on me. It is one of those highlighter/finishing powders that I feel has been worth the price and I will get a lot of use out of. What I don't like is the fragrance - which is applicable to all of Chanel's products. I don't see why blushers and highlighters should contain fragrance at all! But that's just a personal gripe.

I love that first blush!  Those types of shades are always my favorites!

I picked up all the three last weekend. The blushes are gorgeous! If you can overlook the pretty embossing the powder is just okay! I got it just because of how pretty it looks.:) As a highlighter is is quite subtle and the finish isnt that glowy or highlighter like. But it works as a good finishing powder. I am using it that way and i like it! The Blushes are super pretty and if you love JC's you need these!!

Hey Vineetha! I'm about an NC 42 - NC 44, do you think the highlighting powder will look ashy on me? I have that issue with the Hourglass ambient lighting powders. 😞

Hii! You know I think a light dusting would actually work. I dont see a strong white chalky base to it since its almost beige toned and focusing on the peach embossing gives almost a light peachy tone to it! But then again its talc based so i cannot be 100% sure about it!! Is there a chance you have a macys or nordstrom counter close by? If you could, checking it out in person would be the best way to go . Most counters seem to have received the collection!! hth

This is good news all around.  I would like a finishing powder that adds a very slight glow, and I am hoping Golden Sun will give me a little extra "healthy color," since my coloring is difficult to match foundation-wise.  The correct color is always just a little too light, and the slightly darker colors are too yellow.  This is true across the board for many brands.  So frustrating.

Golden Sun has already been released, and I bought it a few weeks ago. It is amazing, and it give a healthy glow that works well on me. I've seen it at Nordstrom and Dillards. 

Golden Sun looks pretty. Is it a lighter shimmer or more bronzey? I'm having trouble finding swatches.

GS Swatches almost a light mauvey bronze shade on me but it goes substantially darker than how it looks in the pan or swatches. Meaning it has good color payoff! Its a gorgeous shade and not similar to alezane from fall!!

testing