cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

It's funny when people don't realize what they are though. "Are they oysters that come out of a river?" Yeah sure they are. 

Anonymous Insider

Ugh! I have tried a lot of things, but I never intend to eat those. Nope nope nope. 

Anonymous Insider

@BeautyJunkie325: lol awesome. 😄

@midnightangel - I'm always trying new ideas to make my cooking more exciting.  I was channeling a little Lionel Richie that day....dancing on the ceiling.

Anonymous Insider

@BeautyJunkie325: That pot roast is amazing in its ability to defy gravity and stick to the ceiling. I wish my roasts did that. lol 😉

Let's see...just got back from lunch hour. I had a Polish hot dog and a cup of Sierra Mist. And a co-worker just brought me madeleine brownies...oh my. Moral of the story: get health advice from a dietician, not a musician. 😛

I have been on a cooking frenzy lately.  I am addicted to Pinterest and have pinned so many recipient ideas that I started to make at least one a week.  Most have turned out good enough to try again, most with just a few tweaks to the spices.   I've been trying to take pictures of the brew recipes I'm trying and posting them to my Instagram.  I'm definitely making my non-cooking friends jealous. 

My moms favorite - chopped salad and panko breaded chicken

image.jpg

Italian Pot Roast in the crockpot

image.jpgBowtie Pasta with Spinich and tomatoes

image.jpg

Last but not least double chocolate cake for my dad

image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Ok @beautyjunkie- Spill the cake recipe:D

Love panko! And wowie, that cake looks like it's fit for BT! I'm sure we will have no issue devouring that all up!

Yummy photos! Those potatoes in that roast have me drooling.

oOOoo! That Italian pot roast looks to die for >.<

It is sooooo easy - season your roast with salt, pepper and rosemary. Cut slits in roast and put in 4 garlic cloves cut in half.  Brown in pan in olive oil.  In slow cooker, putt roast, 1 lg onion cut in 8 wedges, small white potatoes scrubbed, and a 28 oz can of whole tomatoes.  Cook on high about 6 hours air until the meat tears apart. 

Yet another reason for me to FINALLY invest in a slow cooker!

I'm totally doing this! Thank YOU!

Thanks & No problem.  I've always loved cooking, but in the past few months I my passion in what I'm cooking has been renewed.  I was in a total slump and now I feel likes rock star when I discover a new recipe that can make it into the favorites category.  

I'm totally into multi purpose cooking too.  I love to roast 2 chickens on a Sunday so I can use one later in the week for BBQ, salads or wraps.  It is no more work cooking 2 chickens than 1. 

I pulled a double duty in the kitchen last night and made 2 dinners.

Made a bacon hamburger mushroom casserole, brown rice, broccoli, and salmon (two pieces seasoned with Montreal seasoning for my bf along with some chili powder and parsley and two pieces with miso honey glaze and sesame seeds for me).

Now when I go home tonight I can just heat the salmon and rice up! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

What I would like to have on my plate -  the Kimchi Burger and Fries - that I had at a Korean Burger place (unfortunately not here)

So NOT healthy - but "splurge meal"

kimchiburger.jpgkimchifries.jpg

Yes - that's a fried egg in the burger...

The only recipes I know from heart are Korean cuisines...so if anyone wants something, let me know.  Though my measurements won't be exact (how my mom talk me).

o.m.g That look soooooo good. I love kimchi fried rice. Unfortunately, my skin doesn't like kimchi as much as I do and I get a handful of pimples by the time I finish the jar, every time, the past 3 jar/brand I've tried. T.T

Those fries....Oh...my...delicious O_O

A fried egg in a burger is THE best! ❤️ it!

Ooooo, Korean recipes!!!!! Share share share! My bf and I are fans of Bi Bim Bop and though the dish seems relatively easy enough to tackle, any tips on how everything should be prepped or what type of veggies or rice to use? Seasonings? Sauces?

My recipes never really go off exact measurements too, it's always a "eye ball it and go off your senses, if it smells right, keep on!"

The problem with making bibmbop at home is kind of like wanting to build a real nice salad at home - at least for me.  I like lots of veggies but it takes time.  Have you ever had japchae - glass noodles sauteed with beef and veggies

NO! But I want some now! I love glass noodles!

Yeah, I can see how it can be time consuming, especially with using everything from cucumber, mushroom, carrots, bean sprouts, meats, cabbage, seaweed and egg. Maybe it'll be a cool dish to make when I'm entertaining guests, I could set up a "Make your own BBB bowl" station and folks could load their rice with whatever they want.

I made miso honey glazed salmon last night so I can have it ready to heat when I get home today...MMMM MMMM!

Miso - check..honey-glazed - check..salmon - check..nom nom

Another good group idea is make you own Korean "sushi" - which is all cooked.  That's real easy to do.  Just a lot of chopping that your bf can help with 🙂 --> on a different note, where I can find all the available smileys that can be used in BT?

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/What-s-on-your-plate/m-p/441311#U441311

I posted a recipe for honey terriyake glazed salmon there, you can always substitute the soy with miso paste! 🙂

You know what, good question about the smiley faces, not sure if there is a key to show what icons put together equal what faces!

1 Reply
testing