cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

With summer and pool season on its way, my plate got a wole lot lighter lately.  Andi am forcing myself to drink more watefeel when I drink water on a regular basis, it just makes y face "feel" that much better and clearer.  I just have an addiction to Coke Zero....I need an intervention.  

Anybody out there have foods they eat to help with cellulite Or the appearance of?  As I get older, it's becoming soooomuch harder to lose and keep fit.  

Dear Makeupobsessed,

We love you, please put the Coke Zero down and back away. How about some nice, crisp water instead? 😛

POT ROAST

I put it in the crock pot for 10 hrs on low, on a bed of baby carrots and yukon gold potatoes with onion soup mix for flavor.  It was tender and tastey.

Slow cooking is the best!

omg DROOL!  did you simmer it in water?  I keep meaning to get a crock pot, they sound so versatile and easy!

Sustained myself on hard boiled eggs, bread, and free pizza for the week, so I desperately need something healthy.

- Stir fried broccoli rabe (just like kale but more tender).

- Stir fried veal and leeks

- Black bean pumpkin soup with sausage (smitten kitchen recipe)

- blueberries

ChristinaLE totally sparked a fish craving for me last night with her mentioning of tilapia for her lunch!

Stocked up at the grocery store and decided to bake up some honey-glazed terriyake salmon!

hts.jpg

Ingredients:

-Honey

-Soy sauce

-Chili powder

-Onion powder

-Sea salt

-Fresh ground pepper

-Sesame seeds

-Corn startch/flour/tempura batter

-Sesame oil/olive oil

-Salmon portions

1. Cover a baking sheet/pan with foil and rub a bit of oil onto it so your salmon won't stick, preheat the oven to 375.

2. In the second photo, the three pieces on the right are what I prepared, using about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of honey (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you want and how many pieces you're working with). Add chili and onion powder, drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce, add in pepper and salt plus sesame seeds, once again, go off your nose and see if you need to add any other spices/ingredients to balance to your tastes. I included the corn starch/flour as a thickening agent, but this is optional, the honey makes the marinade pretty sticky, but adding a touch of the corn starch doesn't take away from the taste.

3. Rub and marinate the mix into the pieces, you can let them sit in the fridge for a bit if need be, or just transfer to the foil pan, be sure to cover/coat the pieces in the remaining marinade or keep it around to glaze them midway. They should look like picture 2 at this point.

4. Let the salmon bake for 30 minutes or more if you prefer there to be a bit of crisp to the edges.

5. The last photo is what it looks like completed. 🙂 Enjoy!

y u read my mind?!?! I have some kind of frozen fish, not sure if it's salmon or flounder since I brought it a month ago (o.O), I'm assuming this seasoning/method works for both?

I've never tried it with flounder, but I believe flounder is a bit more delicate/thinner, so you might not have to bake it as long, which means one thing.....FOOD FASTER!!!

That looks soooo good! Will have to make this with the bf soon!

It's super yummy! I brought some to work to share with my friend!

Let me know how you and your bf like it when you get to make it!

Anonymous Insider

YUM! I had granola with almond milk for breakfast. Apple and banana for a snack. For lunch, I had tilapia and broccoli. Drinking green tea w/ honey now 🙂

Yum!

I'm having some green tea too! Mine's has mint in it though.

How was the tilapia cooked/prepared?

Anonymous Insider

Just seasoned with a bunch of random stuff, sorry I forget! and thrown into the oven with Lemon 🙂

I love cooking up fish! By all means, feel free to share photos or even recipes here!

Hilarious, google/youtube "what if wild animals ate fast food". =P

I totally pigged out on free pizza and wings last lunch, which usually means I get 3 extra pounds to my weight for the week, but I followed it up with 1.5 lbs of strawberries (and nothing else) for dinner and didn't gain any weight! I think I discovered the secret to eating free food/buffet and not get fat! Altho if I can bounce like balloon, that's pretty cool too.

Hahahaha! That video is too funny! And soooo cute! ^_^

I love the cheetah/leopard sleeping and then suddenly being like "OHNOEZ! O_O" as he slips, only to fall and bounce away!

What kind of pizza and wings???? Mmmm!

pepperoni, the typical free food kind. And spicy wings

Mmmm, hungrrrrriiiessss!

Back again! Not going to lie, I've been slacking on cooking lately and have been hitting up restaurants for crawfish and crab legs, sushi, and giant burritos (spinach tortilla loaded with cilantro rice, roasted corn, sour cream, and grilled chicken).

Last night I got back into the swing of things with cooking:

bbp.jpg

Got some steamed broccoli, beef and mushroom stir-fry, and oven-roasted potato wedges!

The recipe for the wedges are super easy!

Ingredients:

-Red potatoes (I normally buy a bag of them, use them for wedges, home fries, and mashed potatoes), in this case I used 5 of them

-Olive oil

-Chili powder

-Onion powder

-Fresh ground pepper

-Coarse sea salt

-Rosemary (I like to grind it up in my palms to release the flavor more and to where it's smaller pieces)

1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.

2. Chop up the washed potatoes into wedges and toss them on a baking sheet.

3. Drizzle wedges with olive oil and give them a good mix, coating all pieces with oil.

4. Sprinkle the chili powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary over the wedges, mixing them up to distribute the spices. I like to go off smell, so after that mixing, take a whiff and see if you need to add more seasoning.

5. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.

6. Enjoy!!!!

This thread makes me so HUNGRY!  I logged in just to check what temperature you set the oven for the baked wedges....I bought a bunch of red potatoes the other day just for that! 😄

4 Replies
testing