Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

I love that @missjeanie - "you're practically making money." I'm going to have to remember that. It's a good investment, right?! 

@itsfi its BIC math!!!

@missjeanie  Oh nice!! Thank you so much. I'll get some next time I go shopping. 

Ohhh, that's good to know @missjeanie@PrettyPaint, I did some research on stronger chai teas / concentrate and found an article from bon appetit "The Best Chai You Can Buy". From that article, there are a few chai teas or concentrates I want to try - 

• One Stripe Chai Concentrate ($18) - this too seems to be out of stock; maybe due to holiday gifting?
  • Vahdam Teas Double Spice Masala Chai ($19)
  • The Chai Box Chai Concentrate ($12) - this is available through the brand direct or online at Nordstrom (though currently out of stock)

In the meantime, now that we know about the Tazo Chai concentrate (thank you, thank you missjeanie!), I am adding that to my cart for my next Target run. What no buy?! 😂 Maybe I'll order it now and just pick it up later this week. Surely that has to count as a 2023 purchase. 🤔

@itsfi @PrettyPaint I've used a few different brands in the past, though I can guarantee it was just whichever box happened to be at my grocers at the time.  I'm kind of curious if there's a big difference between the brands!

@missjeanie, I would be all on board for that kind of science project. Testing different chai tea concentrates in oatmilk gingerbread chai with a shot of espresso. I would totally do it for science. 🔬

@itsfi "For Science" has worked it's way into my everyday whenever I need to justify my slightly ridiculous ideas to a certain someone who gives me side eye at doing things like buying 6 different chai concentrates in one shot.   Now... I'm trying very hard (look it's day 2 lol) to eat healthy right now... but I mean... I'll end up giving into myself by say mid February so if it's not been done for science by then.... 

Whoa, whoa, whoa... side eye, eh? Hmmm @missjeanie, I wonder if that someone is wanting to help try out those different chai concentrates. It certainly can't be side eye because of judgment!!! I mean, how are you going to know which chai concentrate is the best? Or if one is better suited for certain days than others? Some of us rely on folks' recommendation. We need you to try these different concentrates, vis-a-vis one another is even better. It really is for the greater good.

Right??? Like where's the fun in picking just one and wondering for the rest of my life if I picked the wrong one?  I could have been enjoying my cup so much more!!!  It's really both for science, mental health and community volunteering @itsfi .  I'm glad you guys understand how our experiments are really saving the world, one cup of dirty gingerbread chai at a time. 

@itsfi That would totally qualify as a 2023 purchase. But if you are saving money by not going to Starbucks and making your own, surely that fits into a no-buy plan! 🙂

So very true @PrettyPaint! I like your thinking! Thank you! I was also reminded (though it wasn't the intent) that my no buy / low buy is really geared primarily towards purchases of makeup, handbags, shoes and clothes. I think I will have to pick up a carton of the Tazo chai concentrate. For testing purposes, of course. Of. course.

@itsfi You definitely can't have a no buy for coffee and coffee-related beverages. However, you have definitely included some of my favorite categories (makeup, handbags, shoes and clothes) in your low buy. I should do the same!

Coffee is a necessity @PrettyPaint! ️ is your low buy for the whole year? Part of the year?

@itsfi I should be on a no or low buy, but I don't necessarily have a plan. I think I'm just going to try to be conscious of not buying anything too similar to what I already own. 

@PrettyPaint, being more conscious of what you're buying is a great plan! So much of it is being mindful, I think. At least for me. It can be easy to just fall into the pattern of seeing something that catches my eye and buying it. 

Matcha latte

IMG_7405.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 Cutest sticker!  The marketing on this is spot on!

@missjeanie @They have some funny stickers. 

@SportyGirly125  That looks delicious, and I love the sticker. As many times as I have tried to make matcha lattes from home, they are never nearly as good as coffee/tea shops.

@SportyGirly125 Matcha lattes are so good! And that sticker is hilarious! We all know you’re not a grinch though. 😊

@JoSometimes @They have a bunch of fun stickers that they put on every cup. My husband got one that isn’t appropriate to post on here. It was good laughs. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos135
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg