Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

@jaaayp  It's funny you mentioned that, because I wondered how similar they are.  Trader Joe's has ube ice cream, and I almost picked up a carton to try it.  Now I will- thanks!

I think they're essentially the same thing @Ispend2much6 maybe just different names? 🤔 I think the TJ ube ice cream is very mild ube flavor (kinda vanillaish?) But it is a sweet potato so maybe mild is right 😅

@Ispend2much6 Yuuum! I love taro. Mixing taro with other flavours is also a treat. 

@JoSometimes  Which combinations do you recommend?  I'm very afraid to look at the calorie count! lol  I do know that Coca Cola slurpies are only 80 calories...nice hot weather treat.

@Ispend2much6 I like taro with either strawberry, Oreo/chocolate, or red bean for days when I really want to indulge. Most of the time though, I stick to something tea based because calories. 

That looks delicious!! @Ispend2much6 

Love, love boba tea.  But, I'm always afraid I'm going to suck up a tapioca pearl and choke!  My son actually did, but recovered quickly.  @lmaster Next time I'll use a spoon.

I've never had it ever 🤦 @Ispend2much6 it looks so good though

oh yum @Ispend2much6 ! I have never tried that either but it's on my list!

@Kim888   It's so interesting that it's actually a tuber vegetable that the flavor is taken from. It tastes, to me, like a combo of vanilla, almond, and a generalized fruity taste.

@Ispend2much6 I really like taro bubble tea. My son says it tastes like skittles 😊

@Mellmars1185  I wonder if the taste changes a lot depending upon the mix-ins or toppings.  It definitely has a vanilla taste to me.   I always opt for the safe "amber" topping- brown sugar syrup.

@Ispend2much6 I think I just tried it once with only the tapioca pearls. I did find it somewhat nutty. I liked it. My go to is the milk tea. I am craving one now lol

@Mellmars1185  Me too!  I did buy a bag of the pearls; they need to be soaked, cooked, and added to a brown sugar syrup.  Or something else.  I think I'd like to try it with assam tea and spices.  And milk

@Ispend2much6 @Amazing yummy drink 

I agree- it has such a unique flavor! @SportyGirly125 

I was doing some decluttering in the kitchen and found this cup that I was gifted a few years ago when I became a CPA. (If youre a fan of Friends, YAY) I've totally forgotten I had this cup until today!

Now, there nothing edible in the cup but I must say, there's a little boost of confidence in there 🤣

Screenshot_20230716_200131_Photos.jpg

@jaaayp Love the cup and love the show! You have some pretty awesome friends!

I’ve watched the series so many times over. I love the episode when the guys win the girls’ apartment. 😂

@JoSometimes LOVE TO MEET ANOTHER FAN!!! I am the same. I was so sad when it left netflix but found its on HBO 🤣🤣🤣🤣 FOREVER FRIENDS. 

P.S. I love that episode too ❤️

@jaaayp I love mugs! And especially ones that have meaning. Congratulations! 

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! I love mugs too! I have a bunch even though I never drink anything hot. I've been put on mug probation by my friends at this point 🤣

Conversation Stats
Photos135
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg
  • 20230306_081323.jpg