cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Whatโ€™s in your cup?

โ€ƒ

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what weโ€™re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. Whatโ€™s in your cup?

Right now, Iโ€™m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. Itโ€™s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and itโ€™s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: Whatโ€™s in your cup?

@JoSometimes  I have a jar of ginger spread that I use in the same way.  Funny thing is, when it's in the tea, I can hardly taste it.  But I figure it's still doing some good.

@JoSometimes  I hope it's something that will go away quickly.  I recently discovered yuzu; it's lovely. 

@Ispend2much6 Its a recent discovery for me too. I used it as part of a marinade for steak instead of lemon. The result was delicious. The jar of Yuzu tea was a new discovery for me though. Glad I found it.

Just coffee in my cup this morning. Monday's are always a little hard for me.

20230717_064344.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
My son brought this back from his graduation trip in Montreal. I don't share this mug with anyone!

This is so vintage looking, I love it โค๏ธ @Mellmars1185 

@jaaayp Thank you. It is a special one ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Mellmars1185  I love that you are sentimental about your family.  I understand about Mondays; I'm always exhausted on that day!

@Mellmars1185 Mondays are hard but special cups like that one make it easier. โ˜บ๏ธ

First time trying taro bubble tea. Loved it!

1558FF61-27ED-4090-BE45-815F55730F79.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oooh. Taro โค๏ธ have you ever had ube @Ispend2much6 ? If you love taro, you would be a fan!

@jaaayp  It's funny you mentioned that, because I wondered how similar they are.  Trader Joe's has ube ice cream, and I almost picked up a carton to try it.  Now I will- thanks!

I think they're essentially the same thing @Ispend2much6 maybe just different names? ๐Ÿค” I think the TJ ube ice cream is very mild ube flavor (kinda vanillaish?) But it is a sweet potato so maybe mild is right ๐Ÿ˜…

@Ispend2much6 Yuuum! I love taro. Mixing taro with other flavours is also a treat. 

@JoSometimes  Which combinations do you recommend?  I'm very afraid to look at the calorie count! lol  I do know that Coca Cola slurpies are only 80 calories...nice hot weather treat.

@Ispend2much6 I like taro with either strawberry, Oreo/chocolate, or red bean for days when I really want to indulge. Most of the time though, I stick to something tea based because calories. 

That looks delicious!! @Ispend2much6 

Love, love boba tea.  But, I'm always afraid I'm going to suck up a tapioca pearl and choke!  My son actually did, but recovered quickly.  @lmaster Next time I'll use a spoon.

I've never had it ever ๐Ÿคฆ @Ispend2much6 it looks so good though

oh yum @Ispend2much6 ! I have never tried that either but it's on my list!

@Kim888   It's so interesting that it's actually a tuber vegetable that the flavor is taken from. It tastes, to me, like a combo of vanilla, almond, and a generalized fruity taste.

@Ispend2much6 I really like taro bubble tea. My son says it tastes like skittles ๐Ÿ˜Š

Conversation Stats
Photos142
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg
  • 20230306_081323.jpg