Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

@JoSometimes  I have a jar of ginger spread that I use in the same way.  Funny thing is, when it's in the tea, I can hardly taste it.  But I figure it's still doing some good.

@JoSometimes  I hope it's something that will go away quickly.  I recently discovered yuzu; it's lovely. 

@Ispend2much6 Its a recent discovery for me too. I used it as part of a marinade for steak instead of lemon. The result was delicious. The jar of Yuzu tea was a new discovery for me though. Glad I found it.

Just coffee in my cup this morning. Monday's are always a little hard for me.

20230717_064344.jpg

Spoiler
My son brought this back from his graduation trip in Montreal. I don't share this mug with anyone!

This is so vintage looking, I love it ❤️ @Mellmars1185 

@jaaayp Thank you. It is a special one 🥰

@Mellmars1185  I love that you are sentimental about your family.  I understand about Mondays; I'm always exhausted on that day!

@Mellmars1185 Mondays are hard but special cups like that one make it easier. ☺️

First time trying taro bubble tea. Loved it!

1558FF61-27ED-4090-BE45-815F55730F79.jpeg

Oooh. Taro ❤️ have you ever had ube @Ispend2much6 ? If you love taro, you would be a fan!

@jaaayp  It's funny you mentioned that, because I wondered how similar they are.  Trader Joe's has ube ice cream, and I almost picked up a carton to try it.  Now I will- thanks!

I think they're essentially the same thing @Ispend2much6 maybe just different names? 🤔 I think the TJ ube ice cream is very mild ube flavor (kinda vanillaish?) But it is a sweet potato so maybe mild is right 😅

@Ispend2much6 Yuuum! I love taro. Mixing taro with other flavours is also a treat. 

@JoSometimes  Which combinations do you recommend?  I'm very afraid to look at the calorie count! lol  I do know that Coca Cola slurpies are only 80 calories...nice hot weather treat.

@Ispend2much6 I like taro with either strawberry, Oreo/chocolate, or red bean for days when I really want to indulge. Most of the time though, I stick to something tea based because calories. 

That looks delicious!! @Ispend2much6 

Love, love boba tea.  But, I'm always afraid I'm going to suck up a tapioca pearl and choke!  My son actually did, but recovered quickly.  @lmaster Next time I'll use a spoon.

I've never had it ever 🤦 @Ispend2much6 it looks so good though

oh yum @Ispend2much6 ! I have never tried that either but it's on my list!

@Kim888   It's so interesting that it's actually a tuber vegetable that the flavor is taken from. It tastes, to me, like a combo of vanilla, almond, and a generalized fruity taste.

@Ispend2much6 I really like taro bubble tea. My son says it tastes like skittles 😊

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos142
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg