Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life ๐Ÿ™‚ Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Great pic, @AznAngelLiz ! ๐Ÿฅฐ  "Barking at the air"! ๐Ÿคฃ  Ivan meows constantly.  I ask him who he's talking to (that's when he just stares at me).  Maybe he's "meowing" at the air!

This is my dog, Jet. He is 110 lbs!

02B2CFC2-2940-47F4-81DA-947342262ACA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@hello23454321 ,

Handsome Jet!  I love big dogs!  He is gorgeous.

Jet is so striking, @hello23454321! What a great picture of him! 

Look at that big fella! @hello23454321 What a sweet looking boy. ๐Ÿฉต

Hes a big boy! All the more to love @hello23454321 ๐Ÿฅฐ

Jet is very handsome, @hello23454321 ! ๐Ÿฅฐ

My Dita (Bandita) been sick. She's twitching and running around the room and the vet doesn't seem to know what's wrong with her ๐Ÿฅบ she says it's allergies but if anyone has experienced anything similar lmk!

That being said, I feel like Pitos (Poppy) been a little more attentive to her and attempting to cuddle next to her. He tried to groom her the other day and got punched in the face ๐Ÿ˜‚

1000012339.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000012337.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000011998.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000011999.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000012001.jpg

โ€ƒ

@jaaayp ,

I'm so sorry that Bandita has been going through this!  And you, too!  I'm glad that the allergy shot seems to calm things down for her. 

It's amazing the new things that we learn about cats and their medical conditions that we never ever wanted to have our cats experience! 

Please let us know how she is doing as time goes on.  It is so sweet that Poppy is trying to comfort Bandita!

Thank you @tsavorite it's definitely a bit of a headache. Both of them got sick at one point but they're both doing better now. She continues to itch but way less often now. I'm adding some salmon oil and lysine and probiotics for both of them to MAINTAIN their health & wellness ๐Ÿซ 

@jaaayp ,

I remember treating a kitty, that we had years ago, with lysine tablets too, because a virus affected one of his eyes.  We have been feeding our Senior kitty salmon lately. She loves it. 

I'm glad to hear that your two kitties are doing so much better!

Thank you for sharing @tsavorite ๐Ÿฅฐ how old is your senior kitty? Bandita is 6 and she will be "senior" in the upcoming fall! She's so picky though, she always gives me ๐Ÿคจ look when I mix stuff into her food. I am literally on the borderline considering syringe feeding her the salmon oil.... ๐Ÿซ 

@jaaayp ,

My senior kitty is 16 years old, and doing well.  Her 16 year old brother, my dear friend, died at the end of October.

I'm so sorry to hear @tsavorite ! But omg 16 years! I truly believe that they are living/lived their best lives. I am hoping and praying that Bandit and Poppy gets there!!!

@jaaayp ,

Me, too!  I didn't originally expect them to live so long and I have been very grateful.  We lost 2 other kitties in the last two years and they were 14 and 15 years old. They all have had very good lives, and enriched ours so much! 

Awh I am sorry to hear that, how is she doing now?? 

I am a bit late but I wanted to ask a few things and then recommend something. 

When she was twitchy and running around, did it look like her back was quivering and did she try to lick at her back or tail? And were her eyes dilated?

I ask, because my cat had this happen. One day he was running around like a mad man, would stop and lick at his back and tail and the skin there was twitching and his eyes looked like he was drugged. One $1200 emergency overnight vet stay and I didn't have answers. After his 2nd episode, I finally found out he has something called "feline hyperesthesia syndrome" 

You should look it up and see if it matches. Just not many know about this disorder and think it's just the zoomies, but it's actually very stressful and sad for them. So now I give him a natural supplement, Zylkene made by Vetoquinol 75mg daily and he now only rarely has mild episodes. 

Either way, I wish you all the bestโค๏ธ 

@jaaayp I can't seem to reply to your comment so I'm tagging you instead. But I am glad it was helpful! My vet actually did not say anything about having to see a neurologist. She even has a cat with it as well so she was very familiar with it and said if the Zylkene was working, she wouldn't want to put him on anything stronger (like gabapentin). Keep me updated though and let me know if you have any more questions! 

That's amazing @chelseasweets I'm gonna look into zylkene and see if that's OK to take without consulting a vet because my vet refuses to prescribe me anything without seeing a neurologist ๐Ÿซ  sigh the life. Maybe it's time to switch vets for me LOL

Oh I don't know why my app is so difficult to navigate / reply and it doesn't send any notifications ๐Ÿ˜พ I have to use the website now. 

I would say in my opinion it is safe to give because my vet said she recommends it a lot for pets with anxiety and stress. And since it is a natural supplement derived from a milk protein, it isn't a harsh chemical so even my super picky cat doesn't notice the powder in his food. You can read all about it on the vetoquinolusa website to help with your decision! 

But also, perhaps yes to a new vet. Not sure where you live, but if there are a lot of vets try to Google vets that specializes in felines. Once I found one that did, she has helped soo much more with his health problems and is way more caring. The previous vet made me feel like he just thought I was a crazy cat lady and didn't take my concerns seriously. I am going to send you a direct message and maybe it'll be easier to see your replies/questions next time! 

Thank you so much @chelseasweets ! This is so helpful. That's exactly what she does and seems like what she has (I've been googling nonstop and have come to the same conclusion). My vet says I need to send her to a neurologist to get it diagnosed with syndrome. Was that the same for you? She said it may be that or possible early onset arthritis.. I also spent about $1600 getting the xrays and blood work just to rule out anything critical ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ the things we do for our fur babies!

@jaaayp Awe I'm sorry she hasn't been feeling well. I do hope she feels better soon.

testing