Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life ๐Ÿ™‚ Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

I thought it was Ernie! @jozkid @angel7594 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Awww @angel7594, he just wants some chicken 

@skcfanI was going to say exactly the same thing!

My BF and I got a puppy from a rescue nearby. Here she is right after we brought her home, in mid February. We were told she's an Australian Cattle Dog mix but the more she grows I doubt it. She's huge now! She's doubled her size in the month and a half we've had her. I can't complain though, she's the sweetest, most loving dog ever. She wants to play with every single dog and person she meets. She's also smart as a whip and knows a bunch of commands already. Our only issue is that she still pees indoors sometimes (which I think is out of spit or attention mostly). I love how her paws smell like corn chips. Everybody, this is Mia:22AF3EE6-5B14-40E4-8E70-111364C3B245.jpeg547E2E29-10A3-41F6-AB21-78844FFC2151.jpeg79EDAC82-3F0B-47FC-BDD6-1385CDE38E95.jpeg

@makeitup305 Oh I love that corn chip scent! When my dog takes a nice long nap one of my favorite things is to take a long deep sniff of her belly. It sounds weird but people who understand really get it. She smells like butter cookies. Itโ€™s intoxicating. So pleasant and relaxing. 

RE: Re: Pet Paradise

Sheโ€™s so pretty! I wish everyone would adopt instead of shop. Itโ€™s been so amazing for me!

Re: RE: Re: Pet Paradise

@SMBLipe There's a "pet shop" at the mall by where I live and it's all rescue dogs instead of breeder dogs. That's where I got mine. I saw her and couldn't resist. It's an awesome idea, in my opinion. You can also pay $5 to just play and pet the dog for a bit and it all goes to the shelter.

Re: RE: Re: Pet Paradise

That is a super awesome idea! I got mine through Grassroots. Theyโ€™re amazing as well. I would go broke in that store wanting to play with all the puppies .. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Pet Paradise

here's my furbaby family! First one is Koda (4yrs), new baby Zoey (10 weeks) and the "old lady" Kira (7 years)

@Mickieemail,

You have such cute doggies!  Koda, Zoey, and Kira are all darling!  ๐Ÿ™‚

@Mickieemail What a beautiful family!! I bet there's never a dull moment at your house!! 

She's beautiful!  Congrats!  Corn chip paws are the weirdest yet cutest thing.  

@michelleshops my Frenchie had them too, I love that smell haha

Hi @makeitup305,

Thank you for sharing these photos! Mia is a cutie! She looks very lovable. I love how you mentioned your dogs paws smell like corn chips (LOL!) - I'm thinking the same thing with my husky. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

@makeitup305  Your dog is so pretty!! Love her coloring!! When she pees indoors, are you able to clean it up with an enzyme cleaner. That's the only thing that will completely take the smell out so they will stop peeing. Of course, sometimes it's a nervous habit, if they had just been outside!! About the yeast, my beagle used to lick her paws all the time and she had allergies. A fairly new allergy pill, Apoquel, worked wonders on her allergies and helped with her ear infections!!  Mia is so lucky to have someone to rescue her and love her!! Enjoy your special little girl.!!๐Ÿ˜

@yankeefaithful I don't think she has allergies, I haven't noticed any paw licking which I've seen before with my previous dog. I think it's just her smell, not too yeast-y. I also think she pees indoors when she's mad at us or she thinks we're not giving her the attention she's due lol I'm trying to give her water primarily after meals and walks to reduce overdrinking. She's gotten a little better with that and with positive reinforcement when she goes outside. She's technically still a baby almost so I can't be too mad.

@makeitup305 . How adorable!!  I've had a couple dogs that have had the corn chip smell.  In their case it was due to overgrowth of yeast.  You may want to have it checked out as it can be very irritating for them (licking paws, can get crusty).  In my most recent dog that this happened to, it was due to his diet.  Now, he no longer smells like corn chips and he's much happier.

@b3autygrl I think it's just a puppy smell but it reminds me of chips. I took her to the vet recently and she didn't notice anything but I'll keep an eye on it just in case. Thanks for the heads up!

@b3autygrl How was the dog tested for yeast? I always said that my do smells like popcorn. Also what kind of food does your dog eat?

Hi @Loretta55!  I took my dog to the vet and I told him he smelled like corn chips and he looked at his skin and he said he had an overgrowth of yeast.  I also then researched online and it seems to be pretty common.  My dog is a bit of a special guy, he's allergic to a bunch of stuff (rice, beef, corn, potato, pork, and too many to list but you get the idea).  He was having a ton of skin issues, always getting hives, was red all over, and constantly scratching.  Once I found out what he was allergic to (via lab test), I started making his food with ingredients he's not allergic to which are (wheat, barley, chicken, spinach, carrot).  There are a few other ingredients he can eat but ends up being too expensive like fish, shell fish, venison, rabbit).  Also, if his diet is too high in sugars (ie. I was at one point making his food with sweet potato but using way too much) it would also cause his skin to become yeasty.  The vet saw him recently (he was limping and he diagnosed him as having arthritis in his elbow join) and commented how great his skin looked (he's hairless, his breed is Xoloitzcuintle).  We still have some skin issues on occasion (with all his allergies) but he's in a much better place today than he's ever been.

IMG_5261.JPG

He's so handsome!  How dare anyone say anything less than that!  Interesting tidbit about the yeast overgrowth @b3autygrl 

3 Replies
testing