Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

@Insomniacmuffin,

After reading your story about Coal, I'm sitting here petting a kitty-friend and crying.  I know what you are going through, too.  In the last 2 months, my 17 year old kitty was euthanized, and two weeks later, my 10 year old kitty died unexpectedly from asthma complications.  They were my world and my husband's world, too.  You and Coal are in my thoughts and prayers.  The love that you have for each other is important and that love will never go away.  I think that you will be together again someday.

I, too am so sorry that you are going through this. My kitty is getting up there in age, and I dread the day her health starts to fail. It is such a special bond we share with our pets that when we can't keep them safe and well, it's just heartbreaking. My thoughts and love are with you and Coal.

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty's cancer. We lost our 16 year old dog to a brain tumor a few months ago, so I understand the heartbreak.  It was so hard to see her in pain, but we gave her all the love in our hearts and did everything we could to keep her comfortable until the end.  Just shower him with love and hugs and treats while you still have the chance.  Hugs and love  to you.  😞   

@Insomniacmuffin

So sorry @Insomniacmuffin.

@Insomniacmuffin I am so incredibly sorry that you are going through this with your fur baby. I have a black cat, Emmy, and i've never had a cat so chatty and attached at the soul, and so intuitive and affectionate. My worst fear is losing her. 

I know that it doesn't take away the hurt and worry, but I am so glad you have experienced such a deep, beautiful and heartfelt connection with Coal.

I am also so grateful that you became his forever family. The greatest gift you could ever give him is the tender, unconditional love you have provided and the care, safety and security needed for him to flourish that your forever home provides him.

You are both so lucky to have found each other, and please know in your heart that whatever lies ahead, Coal has known what pure, unconditional and tender love feels like because of you, (and vice versa) and that is a love that transcends time. My thoughts & prayers are with your family ❤️

@Insomniacmuffin, I am so so sorry to hear this. 😞 If I could give you a big hug right now I totally would! Sending lots of love your way. ❤️ 

XOXO,
Marieke

@Insomniacmuffin Facebook was kind enough to remind me that today is the third anniversary of having to put down my Abby along with a large photo of her sweet little black face. 😞

I read your story of how you two met. I think it was kind of predestined, huh? And your husband is a sweetheart to know what you needed when you might not have yourself. What a beautiful relationship you have with both of them! I laughed out loud when I read about the visits to the doctor for your "hairy ears," though!

You know this is going to be hard, but it will be OK. Remember back to that meow in the trailer. You guys saved him. You loved him. You took care of all his needs. What more could a kitty ask for? You are in my thoughts.

Hang in there.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  

Last year I lost my dog of 17 years to brain cancer.  Then my mom a month later to another cancer.  Now just a few weeks ago my other dog ran through the invisible fence and I watched as a lady on the road hit and killed him.

it was the worst time in my life.  The ONLY thing that gives me any comfort is knowing that they are all up in heaven together.  In heaven my dogs can play all day and never have to go to the vet.  Just remember to hug and kiss him as much as you can and stay strong so he doesn't get scared.  If he eats treats give him as much as he can handle.  Maybe my mom, Abe, and Reagan will great him at The Rainbow Bridge.

@Insomniacmuffin I am so very sorry. Your little black beauty is gorgeous and reminds me so much of my Abby cat. I lost her a few years ago about this time. 

I dont know know how you came to be his mom, but know that his life would never have been so wonderful without you. Take comfort in knowing you made a difference. For now, treasure each moment and just love him. It will be hard when he's not there but maybe when you're ready you will open your heart to a new little love and make a difference again. Keeping you in my thoughts and crying a little along with you. 

Coal is a beautiful cat. I am so sorry. I totally relate, as I have lost a pet before and as my current dog has had two major surgeries this year. The love we have for our pets is a different kind of love....it's hard to explain, loving and caring so deeply for a living thing that depends on you for everything, who can't speak with words. It's a precious relationship. As others have said, enjoy your time with him and make him comfortable. He will always be with you and I definitely believe our furry friends go on to a better place...sending hugs!

OH NO! 😞 Poor baby! I'm so sorry, I'm already choking. 😞 I recently went through something like this, a year and a half ago and it is still fresh in my mind, it's .. horrible to say the least, I know words won't make you feel better ugh. Yeah, I'm crying with you, I'm so sorry, all I can say is he will be happy in kitty heaven as he was with you, I know i don't have to say this but hug him every day, sing to him, and everything you do to make him feel comfortable. Sending you a big hug.

I am sorry for what you are going through! I have been there and can empathize with the pain. You will be in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I've lost three kitties myself and it's always rough going. Will keep you and your kitty in my thoughts.

Heart

dog.JPG

Spoiler
dog1.JPG
dog2.JPG
dog3.JPG

I mean, who wouldn't want to take this cutie-pie home?!  

He should be a dog model !!!

this is amazing.

Was sorting through some old pics and noticed my animals have googly eyes on opposite ends of the spectrum...

iPhone4s 122.jpg

no more selfies, mom (my sweet beagle ellie rolling her eyes at me)

versus

IMG_0028.jpg

hi, hi, hi mom! (Sold the horse a couple years ago to help pay tuition when I went back to school)

@CC3616

haha!  I love the pics.

Aw @CC3616 Heart  So adorable...what was your pony's name?  

@ZombieMetroAnt "Good lopin linda" Linda for short. 

Linda1.jpg

Ah ha ha....I remember that video!!  0000000000.JPG

4 Replies
testing