Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@curlychiquita Thank You. The whole work thing isn’t surprising and I have had things planned out for months now. It’s going to suck to tell all the vendors I have worked with since we have such a good relationship. They sure are going to miss me 😊

@SportyGirly125  I hope it's nothing serious! I have hypothyroidism, and it's astonishing how being low on thyroid hormone affects pretty much every aspect of my mental and physical health. Fortunately there's an easy(ish) remedy.

I got laid off at the beginning of May, and the timing was perfect as I was desperately in need of some time to rest and recover, and also get my medication levels back on track. I'm finally feeling good again...as in just this week I began to feel normal. If you can, take some time for yourself to breathe and let go of the old while you're getting your health issues sorted. Good luck, hon.

I'm glad everything worked out and you're feeling better, @Westcoasty!

@curlychiquitaThanks, me too! I was pretty wiped for awhile. I love having energy and being just plain happy again.

@Westcoasty Thank you. Glad you are feeling better. 

@SportyGirly125Thanks, me too! I hope you get answers soon.

@SportyGirly125 please get things checked out. As a cancer  survivor , I know there is nothing more important than your health.  Wishing you all the best 

@CorgiMommy @I was already seen by 2 doctors but need to go to my primary this week. 

Hey everyone, psychology student here. I’ve been in school ever since kindergarten!! It went: elementary school, middle school, high school, then 3 years of university immediately after that. 

Finally, I have a “break” of sorts… I have a great position in my field, doing lots of administrative work and learning plenty about psychology. I’m in this position for the year, and will complete my undergraduate degree in the following year (2023/2024). 
Seeing plenty of people my age going back to school is a weird feeling because it’s the first time in forever that I’m not having a “back to school” moment lol!
Regardless, I’m in a healthy relationship, making great connections in my field, and putting my mental and physical health first ❤️

@Mush21 Enjoy your well deserved break. Spunds like you are on a great path! 🥰

Good for you, @Mush21 ! 💖💖💖  I tried college right after HS, but it didn't work out.  I went to work, but eventually went back to college part-time in the evenings when I was in my 30s and 40s.  I'm actually glad I did it that way because I learned so much just from real life experience and my job(s)!  It made me a much better student.

hi @Titian06 🙂

That’s great to hear! Everyone is different in how they learn and develop, it’s great that our educations can be customizable ❤️

I’ve had peers of all ages in my university courses, and it’s so interesting hearing about everyone’s life experiences 🙂

I wish you all the best and all the happiness!!

Wishing everyone a good start to the school year whether you're a student, parent of a student or a life-long student of beauty 🌸

@pocketvenus Thank you! It is an adjustment for the parents too! Wishing you all of the best also!

Thought I would give an update since I dont come on here that much anymore. Guess I been down and just not feeling motivated enough to come on here or even post/do make up as much. I finally left my old job and got a new one. I realized how toxic the other job really was, especially after how they treated me when I was sick, and just all the negativity of that job. I sadly had to cut ties with one of my good friends, which saddens me a bit, but honestly its for the best. I feel like after taking so much grab from people and being a punching bag, I am ready to start more fresh, and get to know my own worth. Its a bit lonely at times, I still miss my best friend who passed, and wish they were here of course. Also miss my grandma too, her birthday is actually coming up this Friday, wish she was here. Honestly I feel like I just need to destress, relax and just get strong in a sense.

@Anastasiya13 That is good your made some changes to improve your well-being. You deserve to be trwated fairly. I hope things get better for you. Take care 🙂💕

I'm so glad you are doing better 🤗 @Anastasiya13 ! I love that you are out of that toxic job and have a better schedule. Have you decorated your cubicle yet? 🙂 I know how hard it is to cut ties with someone. I'm so sorry for the fallout with your friend but you need to do what is right for you. I hope you have happier times and get to see more of your beautiful face on here ❤️.

@Buootiful  Aww thank you. Makes two of us for the better job, and schedule. No not really, honestly I dont know what to put really. Only think I have in there is a picture of me and the bf in san Fransisco, and a set of three fake skull succulent plant things which were super cute. Other than that I don't know what to really put or do for it. Thank you, its said about my friend, but honestly I know I did nothing wrong, and was just honest with her and watching out for her, if she is going to be acting that way all I can say is good luck to her, and I wish her the best. Aww thank you, I will try to come here more often. Miss seeing/talking to some of you girls.

@Anastasiya13 good for you for leaving your old job. It's hard to let go (even when something sucks) and even harder to start over. Be kind to yourself and do things that make you happy, even if they're small. My deepest condolences on your loved ones, I miss my grandma a lot, too. Lots of hugs to you in your new path 💕

@makeitup305  Thank you, I appreciate it. It was hard to let go, but honestly after some of the mistreatment and disrespect I reached my limited and just hated the management, so it was best to leave. Thank you I am trying, but this week has been pretty hard on me, but trying to stay positive somehow. Thank you once again I appreciate it ❤️

I’m so glad you are getting a fresh start @Anastasiya13 . We spend way to much time at our jobs to stay in a toxic environment. I hope everything gets better!

testing