Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@GG84 ,

Sending you hugs, too!  I'll be thinking of you!

Take care of yourself @GG84!!! giphy

Hi everyone!

2020 has been a very scary and stressful year for all of us.  It's personally affected me emotionally and mentally a lot more than usual.

I received an email invite from my favorite organization To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA) about World Suicide Prevention Day.  They will be hosting a free Zoom launch event with guest speakers and musicians.  If you have been feeling the same way as me, I encourage you to sign up to attend the event.  It will be held on Sunday, August 9 from 6:30- 7:30pm EDT.

@RAWRitsRED Sounds like an amazing event

@RAWRitsRED  Sounds like such an awesome invite!

I’ve been a little MIA lately. I live in a super small town and we had 1 case in the whole county and it was isolated. No others until a week ago. I went to a friends 80th birthday party. I kept my distance I had my mask. I slipped up for a minute to take a picture. I was having a bad week. Work has been insane. So so busy. My husband was away for the night, my daycare told me my son needed new shoes. I haven’t had him in a store since January and I was alone. I was trying shoes on him he wasn’t impressed. He decided to run around the store in socks until he fell and split his lip open. I grabbed him and took him home. Then I got a knock on my door. A girl that I know told me a person from the birthday party had a spouse confirmed with covid. I work at a hospital. My head was racing. Who was I in contact with. I know people who’s husbands are really sick and covid would be really bad. I was put off work for a day and my work deemed I was fit to go bad. It hit so close to home. Completely terrified me. The girl was tested this week and they said it takes 1-2 days if it’s positive to know. It’s been 3 days. So she’s probably negative. Thank goodness. 

@ather Awe poor lil guy! Hope you are ok and able to stay safe!

@Samtian  Thanks!

@ather How did things turn out? You okay?

@sprocketta  She turned out to be positive so I got tested Friday. They said if it’s positive I will know between 24-48 hours. Since I’m a healthcare worker it’s suppose to come back faster. I have an app on my phone to check my results but nothing yet. We have 16 in our small town now with 1 death. I’m on vacation now. It sucks cause we wanted to spend the week in the city but I think we will stay home. How have you been? Any news on going back to work? Sucks you can’t just work from home always!

Oh @ather I'm so sorry! I hope you are okay! I'm supposed to head back the 31st but who knows when it really will be. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Please let us know what happens.

@sprocketta  Got my results back and thank goodness I’m negative. Such a scary feeling. 

@ather ,

That's such a relief!  Whew!  

@tsavorite  I agree!!! 

What wonderful news @ather !

@ather ohhh your poor little guy!! I understand your struggle with that!! Especially being alone 😩 I hope you stay well ❤️

@lmaster  It feels like everything happens when you are alone and all at once. Everything is good now tho!! I start vacation on Friday!! We are just having a staycation!! 

@ather I don't blame you, even though most have mild symptoms,,,I don't want to know what any of the symptoms feel like 😩

@lmaster  Me too!! 

So I was hoping to get to the mailbox before my husband today cause I have 2 Sephora boxes coming and I had one yesterday 😱 I think he got the mail already 😬

@ather lol good times!! 

@lmaster he picked it up and was like you got 1 box yesterday and 2 today..... 

1 Reply
testing