Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@GG84 so sorry to hear that! That's really terrible - thinking of you and hoping you are able to ride it out 

@GG84  So sorry to hear this. I hope you will continue to reach out to us here. I’m immune compromised and a nurse. Please take some time to do self care. YouTube a yoga video, face mask, give yourself a manicure, make a mug cake/cookie. I was feeling very frantic earlier this week and was having a hard time coping. I am still working (just part time as I always have) I don’t work in the hospital anymore so that a plus. But having lots of guilt for not being a hospital nurse. I’m sure many people are feeling quite helpless. 

@GG84  I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you get hired back and the stimulus helps you somehow. I don't know the details but I'm crossing my fingers for you. Do you have a fur-baby at home to keep you company?

@sprocketta 

I’m Canadian. Yes, I have a dog, unfortunately I dropped him off Sunday with my parents an hour away not expecting things to escalate like this as I had a busy work week ahead, so he will remain with them for the foreseeable future. 

@GG84 I'm sorry you don't have him for comfort. Just keep your chin up and know your BIC peeps are thinking of you.

@GG84, So sorry about your job. Please try and stay as ph...

@GG84, So sorry about your job. Please try and stay as physical and mentally healthy as you can, because once this blows through, things will come back better and I'm pretty sure the economy will take a skyrocketing surge.

Great post @sprocketta! I’m a teacher, so this last week has been doubly crazy. Trying to switch to an all online format has been a lot for my students and myself (I work in a small K-12 school where a lot of kids are Title 1 students, so most don’t have easy access to the online platform, especially those who are from big families and just have one main computer for example). My heart also breaks for all of my seniors who basically lost out on all the fun stuff, including finishing the yearbook. It’s been a bummer, but thankfully everyone in my community is staying healthy and hanging in there. I’m still waiting to see what CollegeBoard decides to do about the AP exams, so keeping my fingers crossed that my students will still get the chance to earn that college credit they’ve worked towards all year. 

I’m lucky enough to be able to ride this out and do some self care while messaging with my students (they’ll never know I have a clay mask while explaining an essay prompt, lol). I’m also taking this time away from the classroom to take a step back, reflect on all the blessings we have in our lives, and think of what we’ll do to make things special for the kids once school gets back in session, whenever that may be. 

Sending everybody out there in BICland lots of love and healthy vibes! Even though I don’t post as much as I used to because my course load has been extra challenging this year (tell me again why I agreed to take on yearbook?!), know that I love seeing all the creativity and kindness we show each other here! I’ll try to lurk less and heart posts more 🥰

@LCResz the online teaching is so wild - I've been hearing so much. My mom works in a school as well but they saw it coming and did a lot of prep for transitioning, my cousin also does though in NY and they had like no time to prepare for the switch! Glad you are doing well!

Yeah, we had no prep at my school, but we’re figuring it out. Thank goodness kids today are so tech savvy, they’re adapting better than we teachers!

@LCResz glad things are still going good, but crazy in yo...

@LCResz glad things are still going good, but crazy in your world. Very good to step back and take a look and give thanks for everything that is positive. Take care.

@sprocketta You’re such a dear one ❤️🥰 I work from home as my normal routine but having my son at home due to school closing while I’m working is a big adjustment. 😘 My days mostly seems a lot shorter and faster. The local markets here thanksfully are well stocked with milk, fruits and vegetables. I hope everyone is doing alright. Don’t stress! We will get through this. Sending everyone lots of love ❤️ and hugs.

@blackkitty2014, Thanks for checking in!

@blackkitty2014, Thanks for checking in!

@blackkitty2014 glad you're doing okay. Grocery stores by me have many empty shelves so I'm surprised to hear yours is sucked. Hugs to you.

Checking in from NC. Things are very crazy. I went to 5 stores ti find toilet paper on Sunday. I am working from home as I am diabetic and have a compromised immune system. I only started yesterday and already feel isolated. I work in the mortgage industry and things are crazy because everyone is trying to refinance at the lower rate due to the drops in the market. At least I am busy.

I'm staying in touch with friends in Chicago and it sounds very scary there. One friend told me there are 6 confirmed cases down the street from her. My brother-in-law works in a hospital as an OR tech and they have 3 cases at his hospital. My sister and her family are supposed to go to Disney the 1st week in April. They haven't canceled yet and I hope the park stays closed as I am worried about them traveling.

My dog who has separation anxiety is very confused as to why I'm home. I'm going to use this opportunity for more training to cope with that. I I hope it is not too hard on her when I go back to the office, whenever that is.

Looking forward to knowing people are doing okay. You are all in my thoughts.

@sprocketta  So happy you are able to work from home. Stay safe. Give your pup lots of extra cuddles!

Good luck working from home, @sprocketta!

@sprocketta Lack of toilet paper is no joke. I'm down to...

@sprocketta Lack of toilet paper is no joke. I'm down to 8 rolls on my house. Me and my husband ventured out yesterday and that will be the last time because I felt so at risk. Our big Sam's has been out of toilet paper and all the local stores are out. Luckily I snagged an 18 count on Amazon this morning, so I feel better. We have been stocked up with food and have 5 gallon jugs of water delivered monthly, so my only concern was the dang toilet paper. Glad you have your pet to keep you company while you work at home. Take care!

@sprocketta ,

Good idea to start this Thread!  It's so good to hear from you!  I am well, and staying home now, too, with my husband and cat-friends.  We have underlying health risks, too.  My husband has still been going out to do necessary things.  We had a fairly big earthquake (5.7) here yesterday (near the Great Salt Lake) and lots of aftershocks.  Two of the aftershocks (4.4 and 4.6) felt like pretty good earthquakes also.  Layered with the stress and anxiety about Corona, it was creepy at times.  (Plague and earthquakes!?!) The worse part was fear of a bigger earthquake. "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer" (Dune).

For everyone interested, there is a blog by a Canadian scientist that has 4 videos about the Corona Virus situation that he summarizes from reading scientific papers about the Chinese experience and knowledge gained.  It may sound boring but it isn't.  I recommend watching these.    Paulbeckwith dot net. 

I'm glad you're well and staying home @tsavorite!  Earthquakes on top of all that is going on right now?!  That's stress inducing for sure!  😞  I'm able to work from home for the time being, and I don't know how your cat-friends are, but mine was REALLY excited the first couple of days, and now he's like, "You're STILL here?"  😉

The earthquakes sound scary, @tsavorite.  Stay home and safe!

@tsavorite I am glad you and your family made it through the earthquakes okay. I'll have to check out those videos. It's nice to have our fur babies as comfort.

5 Replies
testing